Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

My PC is old. How does the closed beta compare to Trials Evo in terms of performance? A couple of tracks in the last game were borderline unplayable for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

It'll be rough, let me tell you. The latest beta patches really helped in my case, but I've got i5 2500K with ATI 6950 and playing on medium details. So if you're looking at playing on an older rig then I'd expect trouble. Maybe wait for a demo? It should appear on Uplay after the game's out, Evo Gold got one.

Manac0r posted:

This game is definitely more demanding, and the beta runs terrible on windows 8.1 Quad core 680m laptop, I m talking sub 30 FPS regardless of settings. Wait till full release and I will try it out on several rigs, and see if full release is more optimized.

It is more demanding regardless...

Thanks. Here's hoping the devs manage to iron out the performance issues, but after Evo Gold's PC port I'm not holding my breath. :shobon:

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

The PC version with all current DLC is :10bux: on Steam for nine more hours. Seems like a good time to get in on this!

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Three hours in and I've unlocked the Viper and the vanilla extreme set. The real Trials start here. :getin:

For anyone on PC, add chokepoint on Uplay for leaderboard padding. Fortunately a lot of people I added during the Evolution thread are showing up, so at least I've got some company :ghost:

• Locked thread