Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Slight correction for you, OP: the PC version releases on the 24th.

So god drat hype for this game. The 24th is going to mark the start of a serious loss of sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Narcissus1916 posted:

The two expansions for Evolution were totally worth it - some of the best track designs the series has ever had. And some of the skill games are nutty as all get-out.
Yeah, the DLC packs were paid DLC done right. For five bucks apiece they added 30 or so new tracks (split between SP and MP), a new bike, new rider gear, new skill games, new tournaments, and an entirely new island with shittons of new gear for the editor. And that's not "all that across both DLCs," that's one set of the above for each of the two DLC packs. Compare that to Halo or CoD where you pay ten to fifteen bucks for three or four multiplayer maps, end of list. It's not even a contest.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Utnayan posted:

I need to learn how to lean better. I am constantly over-correcting.
Just keep at it. I was the same way when I was learning to play Evo. After enough practice it'll all sort of click and next thing you know you're just wrecking tracks.

God drat, can it be the 24th tomorrow?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Huh. I guess it was the same reason Bungie took out four player replay watching (one of my favorite features) between Halo 3 and Reach: the connections were laggy, it froze up a lot, and it was only used by a handful of players out of the whole playerbase. It sucks; I'll also miss digging through terrible supercross tracks with buddies online, but I can understand why it wasn't a priority on their end.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Finally grabbed the PC Beta and tried the game out. Runs really smoothly on my PC (i5-750, GTX670, 16MB RAM, Win 7 64).

Also, god drat, where did the hour between install and now go? Dat Trials addiction is still strong as gently caress.

Uplay name is GrtGildersneeze, Steam is TheGreatGildersneeze. Not sure which you need to get my leaderboard times or whichever, but add me if you're up for some comparisons!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: why isn't the title of this thread "welcome to the future"?
Although I've only played the PC beta and not the full release, this is the one disappointment so far. The generic-rear end "welcome to the future" title track does absolutely nothing to pump me up to play the game where Dico's goofy freestyles in Evo were like mini hype-generators every time I booted up.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

plape tickler posted:

Question for anyone - when I do a small wheelie then push the front tire down to the ground I get a speed boost. What else am I missing?
Your bike's top speed is limited to how fast the engine can push it. On a reaaaaally big, steep, downhill slope/ramp, just totally let go of the gas and you can break that limitation with the magic of gravity-powered bikin'.

It's absolutely essential for getting to some of the upper routes on tracks.

Edit: What's also essential is bustin' a Proud Hero over any jump you're able. Crush them times while lookin' like a PIMP.

magimix posted:

I definitely can't shake the feeling that, pre-extreme, the gold medals are easier to get. As for plats - the first few tiers of them are quite generous, but seem to kick things up a notch from Rainforest Rumble onwards.
This doesn't bother me, really. They have to make the base game accessible to most in order to get it to sell a reasonable amount of copies. I remember you being a bit upset about the same thing in Evo. Then Origin of Pain brought some more difficult tracks, and Riders of Doom brought the god drat thunder. I'd wager the same will happen with DLC in this game, too. Base game will be a bit tame, then new DLC brings the pain.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 20, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

magimix posted:

Man, I hope Fusion gets a track-pack as boss as Origin of Pain; some of the finest tracks I've ever seen. It was a drat shame they didn't bring them to Evo Gold on PC.
Yeah, seriously. I also hope that with six planned, they'll all be as beefy as the two 360 packs. Still gonna hold out for the first one to be released before dropping the cash on the season pass, but if the first one is at least as solid as OoP, I'll probably bite. At least this time around (barring the late release on PC), content parity is planned between versions from the get-go.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

This game is like, things that look impossible until you do them: the game.

edit: also the hard tracks are like "Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey...wait you want me to do WHAT?"
You're getting close to that magic moment, though! It's the part where "hey... you want me to do WHAT?" becomes the next "Hey, that was easy!" and Trials goes from "fun diversion" to "...I could shave a second or so off this track.

...and this track...

...and this track...

...and this track...

Hey... WHEN THE gently caress DID IT BECOME 4:30 AM?!"

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Slate Action posted:

I remember the point at which I stopped trying to do all the challenges, and it was the track that's like 50% composed of pipes and ones of the challenges was 'don't touch any pipes with your front wheel, zero fault run.' gently caress that poo poo.
There's several good reasons to try to learn this challenge: you're faster when you ride a wheelie. It also sets you up for those really quick front flips over the exit lip of ramps. Vital skills if you want those lowball times.

Can't wait for the full game to unlock tomorrow. Gonna be streaming the hell out of it for anyone interested. I'll toss a link to my twitch channel in here when that goes down.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Holy poo poo, this game is just so god drat good. Started streaming the game at 10:00 PM, and here I am just wrapping up at quarter after 4. So addicting. Can't wait to start going back and getting those plats!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Jeffrey posted:

Game is cool so far. Tricks are really weird and hopefully not necessary too often. Anyone have a guide for the properties of the different bikes? It's pretty hard to tell which one to use and there are no concrete stats this time around.
Baggie = garbage starter bike, who cares
Roach = Scorpion
Pit Viper = Phoenix
Foxbat = only useable on FMX tracks
Panda = Apparently if you use this on tracks which allow it you're "a huge human being cheating fag" or something, so don't do that I guess. Also it's an ATV that weighs a ton, handles like a brick and goes REALLY god drat fast. Also even though you never have to use it outside of that one set of tracks, its inclusion RUINED THE GAME and is PROOF THAT REDLYNX IS ONLY IN THIS FOR THE MONEY
Rabbit = Gecko

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 26, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

het posted:

I wouldn't use the language you're quoting or all caps or whatever, but the idea of providing a bike that requires less finesse but regularly makes it up in terms of power does seem sort of counter to the concept? I mean leaderboards are pretty central to longterm enjoyment of the game, and if the top 1k/5k/whatever scores are all using the ATV that does sort of seem lovely and less than fun to me.

adhuin posted:

You... you can use it outside that one specific tier?
Don't get too worked up; there's only a handful of tracks here and there where it's allowed. Dirt Derby is one. Basically if you ever ride on anything thinner than the ATV, it'll be locked.

I was just poking fun of the handful of angsty fans who show up at every sequel ever's release to piss and moan about how any slight deviation from the previous game is either a "blatant cash grab" or "the noobiest noob addition to appeal to noobs and ruin the game for the TRUE FANS behind blah blah blah skill gap." See also: every FPS sequel ever made.

Basically don't ever read the Redlynx official forums. :v:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

wa27 posted:

But you can check the leaderboards, watch replays, and choose the best vehicle for any given track. It would be lovely if it was a DLC bike or soemthing.
On top of that, the game's been out for a little over a week all-told. Give the really good players some time; I remember several tracks in Evo which were "this is the bike you use" for a long time, then someone got ballsy with the other top-tier bike and found huge new tech. "Suspense" was one. I held 13th place for a long time on that track. One day I decided to improve a few tracks, checked a few leaderboard times and saw I'd been suddenly bumped all the way to the mid 40s. Someone figured out a crazy braking flip with the Phoenix on the loop's exit ramp that rendered all top-tier Scorpion runs obsolete by around a second. Never could get that flip down, personally.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Added my name to the PC list; will add y'all to my uplay list later tonight.

Cyra posted:

Playing this on PC, and pretty much anytime I try to back out of the slow rear end vehicle selection screen, it freezes or crashes the game. This whole thing feels very unfinished.
What's your PC's build like? The game runs pretty flawlessly on my rig at the default "High" settings, which is by no means bleeding edge (1st gen i5-750, GTX-670 for processor/GPU. 16GB DDR3 RAM would be the only real outlier in terms of what most people have in their rig). The only time I've had it crash is when I was intentionally trying to max out the track editor by placing a shitload of complex parts/effects to see how bad it bogs down with all that placed at the same time.

It does tend to chug up a bit when I stream the game at the same time, but that's sort of to be expected since streaming puts additional strain on my CPU/GPU. Lowering the settings to "normal" is usually enough to get around that on all but the most jam-packed of tracks. Also, yeah, the bike menu is slow as dogshit to load the actual garage/bikes.

Are you on a laptop? I remember reading on the Redlynx forums that the game might have issues with some Mobile video chipsets for whatever reason.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

My understanding is that the tracks are platform agnostic since it's using Uplay this time around. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a track made on one platform is available on all other platforms, they may just not perform as well.

I can definitely confirm though that good tracks are available on 360. Dozens, if not hundreds at this point.
They're "looking in to it" according to dev posts on the RL forums, which is usually a polite way for devs to say "ain't happening."

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Awrighty, added everyone from the PC version Google doc. Looking forward to challenging your times/having y'all challenge mine!

Edit: as for the Panda, once you get used to it, it's not so bad. Just gotta remember it slows down IMMENSELY faster than the bikes when you let off the gas, its heavy weight makes airtime really floaty, and it seems to get its best post-air speed recovery by landing on all fours instead of landing in a wheelie. It's certainly the worst vehicle in the game by a HUGE margin, but it's manageable. That being said, the Panda circuit is definitely on my "welp, got those plats, not looking back unless I'm REALLY bored" list.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 30, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

These FMX events are trying all sorts of patience. Love how they only register my "trick" half the time. Calling the system broken would be a compliment.

Oh great, a skill game requiring me to pull off specific tricks. And I can't even watch a replay for any real help, since the ability to watch replays in slow motion was removed too.
The tricks are random, too! Looks like you'll have to actually learn what they are! :v:

Seriously, though, it's not that bad or hard. Get your bike in position first, THEN do the input on RS. That was a brick wall for me for a long time because I was trying to do the "complex" tricks (ones which involve HCF or HCB) while still getting the bike in place, which causes the Rider to flail about like an idiot.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

NaDy posted:

Your times are crazy. I don't really want to go back to tracks I've already platted but drat I have to beat you on some tracks.
Come 'n get it! My old Trials buddy doesn't have the PC version, so I need a new rival! As a heads up, I'm terrible at the extreme tracks so far, so you'll probably have those for a while until I have a good bit of time to sit down and work at 'em.

Edit: also Icebreaker. Maaaaan, gently caress that track. That first back tire bounce to properly get enough height for the high road after the first four jumps is REALLY harsh timing.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 1, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Hell, it was a thing in the 360 version of Trials Evo. It's not a game/dealbreaker for me since you can just select the bike before they load, but you'd figure they'd have fixed that by now. Compared to other issues such as tire glitching, rider/bike becoming some sort of horrid cyborg on really hard impacts, the Coffin exploit, the hardlocks/crashes and general performance issues folks are reporting it's likely pretty far down on the "prioritized fix" list. They've claimed a commitment to upkeep and improve the game beyond the season pass content, so I guess we'll see if they're good for their word.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

het posted:

Ughhhh that's exactly the reservation I had when I heard they were putting tricks into the game
Redlynx recognizes it as an unintended outcome, and they're working on a fix. They've also said it may involve a leaderboard reset if there's no real way for them to detect it in runs where it was used for an advantage.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

mr. nobody posted:

Ugh, seriously? A leaderboard reset might be needed, but add it onto the stack of issues already and it's just giving me this real :negative: feeling
If there's no way to weed out who was exploiting and who wasn't, then a leaderboard reset is definitely needed. If the scenario "can't weed out exploiters, patch glitch, no leaderboard wipe" played out, then you'd have a bunch of folks at the top of the boards with unassailable times.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Aww man, now I wish I was playing on PS4. I love tracks set in "The Bike Dimension," as my stream viewers have come to call the Warp Zone sections. I don't even know why, since they're such low detail compared to real-deal tracks, but the surreality of a magic warp dimension which exists solely to challenge insane motorcyclists pushes the right buttons.

In other news, the PC leaderboards are now officially getting hacked times. Some hackers are being "clever" about it, posting times which beat the legit #1 by a second or so, but there's others who have the #1 spot with a time of .112 seconds. PC players, if you see a time which looks questionable in ~3rd place behind some clearly impossible times, check the replay. If it stops immediately after the "3, 2, 1" with "Replay data is incomplete," it's hacked. Near as I can tell, the replays (to keep file-size down, etc) function the same way a Halo replay did: It's just a file of inputs played back in real-time by the game engine instead of an actual recording of gameplay. Basically, if a time is phony, there won't be any instructions to play back.

This may (read: I'm not a programmer, nor do I work for Ubisoft or Redlynx so this is guessing) be why slow-mo got the axe, and why rewind doesn't exist - I'm guessing it was part of the cause of the replay desyncs that plagued the series for a long time. No idea until someone at Redlynx gives the real reason.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

The lack of slow motion is really, really poor. I could honestly give a rat's fig if it caused the desyncs, you don't just remove it.
If it's causing a major feature of your game to work unreliably a large percentage of the time, requiring a hard reset of the game to maybe have it work properly for a few tracks, then yes, you do. I liked the feature, too, but I like replays working 100% of the time a lot more.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

Or you actually do the spade work to get the feature working properly. We're talking about slow motion here, not some hitherto unknown core part of the engine.
Maybe, just maybe, it's not as simple as you assume it is. You know, considering this is the first time replays have ever been 100% working and not 50-75% broken, and all.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm also bitter because, naively, I thought some review somewhere would mention all of these omissions. I've seen one or two reviews mention the lack of supercross levels, but I haven't seen a single review to mention that you've got to pull up a youtube run on your computer if you want to watch a replay in any sort of helpful manner.
You could have asked here, or maybe the official forums before purchasing. Reviews are, like the poster above me said, notoriously poo poo at mentioning little changes in game sequels.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 4, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
I'd guess that Redlynx handles testing those by themselves, or lets a few of the top players from previous installments have early access for play-testing. Something like that, at least.

japtor posted:

The whole clip is less than 4:30 so which part were you referring to? :confused:

But yeah the whole thing is crazy. I just wish the hill climb and some other skill tracks were available as regular levels for normal people to complete.
Yeah, no kidding. I'm good pretty much through "hard" difficulty and will likely plat all of those eventually, but once I get to stuff like Ice Climb, god drat, that throttle control is some poo poo. Doesn't help that I'm complete rear end at landing the bike on near vertical surfaces without bouncing the back wheel off juuuuuust enough that I can't get any traction until it's too late. I got enough for silver on Ice Climb, and that's probably right where it'll sit for a while.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 5, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

leidend posted:

I'm new to Trials, is there some way to unlock the best bike without just continuing to beat levels? I'm pretty fed up with the hard levels on my lovely bike that doesn't handle nearly as well as the last two youtubes posted (roach?).
Not really, no. As soon as you unlock the event with the fourth training thinger, go do that training thinger. I want to say it's 94 total medals? If you haven't got enough medals, and haven't already, go back and get better medals on previous tracks/events; it helps speed things along. You should be able to unlock that circuit before beating the previous circuit.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

RCarr posted:

You just need to accept that if you are a normally functioning person the best you can ever hope to achieve in this game is maybe finishing the expert courses. Anything more than that takes some sort of autistic gift that few of us have.
Maybe the joke will be funny if you crack it a third time. Go ahead, we'll wait.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Slate Action posted:

It's just so demoralizing. You do all the other obstacles, the finish line is right there, you can see it, all you have to do is perch on a platform that's about 5% wider than your bike is and do an immaculate bunny hop. Easy, right?
I've found the best thing to do is just walk away from a track after enough boned attempts, especially if your play has been degrading over time. There are a couple of the hard tracks where I'm THIS CLOSE to platting, but after about 20 or so solid attempts, I'll start loving up more and more of the middle parts where I was once executing strongly, then that'll degrade to the early parts sucking. At that point it's time to just call it a session and go back to improving some times on easier tracks for a while, and come back to the track giving me poo poo later on with a clearer head.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

wa27 posted:

This thread needs more trash talking.

Take that, Glider and your tricks nobody else can do consistently. :colbert:
What's that?! You'll have to speak louder from back there!

WHAT?!

NO, I STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU! CATCH UP TO ME AND TELL ME, OKAY?!

Edit: for the record, I can't do that trick at the start of swamp crash consistently, either.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 10, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

tehsid posted:

I finished my first track for PC.

Its called 'Rock On'. I'd love it if a few of you could check it out. I set it has HARD, but after watching some of the leaderboard replays smash it out, I'm not so sure.

I'd love some feedback though!
Oh, man, I was just streaming Track Central stuff, too. I saw that track name and thought it was something I'd raced on before; should have checked the leaderboards. If I end up streaming some more Fusion tomorrow, I'll be sure to check it out and drop some feedback.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

magimix posted:

I could have sworn there has been at least one update for the PC version since release. Not that it did anything for the issues affecting my copy of the game (crippling performance issues[1] introduced during pre-release, in a patch that itself was intended to fix a game-breaking issue that was introduced in a *prior* patch :stare:)

PS4 continues to be lead version for me, as it runs the most reliably (despite its own issues).

[1] "Performance issues" might be somewhat a misnomer. Sometimes the game will run at half speed, and sometimes it won't. There is no rhyme nor reason to it I can discern. It is not bound to resolution or graphics options, and no particular part of the game is more or less affected than any other (it can even happen when you aren't racing!). Sometimes a session will be fine. Sometimes it'll poo poo the bed for the first track of a given tier only. Sometimes it'll happen on a checkpoint restart. Sometimes it'll sort itself after a few minutes. Sometimes restarting the game helps, but sometimes it doesn't.
You possibly have some processes running in the BG that cause these things; I did too.

Stuff to disable:

-any "popup" notifications from programs such as skype, any kind of media player, Steam, uPlay, etc. Those cause problems with games like a motherfucker (this happens in far more games than Fusion; Spelunky comes to mind as another recent example for me).

-any of those silly "Windows Experience" scheduled tasks which are on by default. You don't need a weekly/nightly check to make sure you haven't added a new graphics card or some bullshit.

-scheduled virus scans, etc.

-Flash Player. This was the number one culprit for me. Fortunately I have a laptop as well as a desktop atm, so I just set that up to handle monitoring my stream, but god drat does that bloated piece of CPU/Memory gobbling poo poo cause issues with hogging the CPU to no end.

Edit: Once I cleaned up the garbage running in the background, the game went from occasionally chugging on low settings to a rock-solid 60FPS on high, and my system is old as gently caress (1st Gen i5-750, nvidia GTX-670, no SSD, onboard sound, etc).

Dominic White posted:

Wow, has there seriously not been a single patch for the game yet? I know they're probably trying to sync update certification between platforms, but the PC version still has major known bugs that people pointed out during the first couple days of beta testing.
Yeah, despite their best efforts, game developers haven't developed magic wands to just zap away those pesky bugs yet.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 11, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

magimix posted:

While I appreciate the effort, you've not said anything that hasn't already been tried, and Trials Fusion is the only game I have issues with on my PC. This game indisputably has issues.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to handwave that or anything. Hell, I never knew those little notification things were such a hassle for games to deal with. Just suggesting what worked for me, since I was having the same issue (seemingly random performance drops/stabilizations for non-fixed periods of time). As I edited into my previous post, this got the game running at a solid 60FPS on my old rear end i5-750/GTX-670 based system at 1080p with the default "high" settings, fullscreen. I do have to turn it down a bit while streaming because encoding/sending the data eats up enough CPU to cause stuttering. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem like it'll help your issue.

I will say this: As much as a pain in the rear end as it was to get the game running stably on my PC, I have at least learned about all kinds of exciting and new ways Windows attempts to slow my PC to a crawl in the name of "improving" the Windows Experience. "Oh, you're playing a CPU/GPU intensive game? That seems like the perfect time to run all these CPU hogging processes!"

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
The Trials forums have a bunch of that kind of stuff. That's where I learned the workarounds for my particular performance issues but, as magimix's experience shows, they may not work for you. I've seen a bunch of posts that say "keep letting us know about issues," so they at least seem to want to support the game.

As is usual with this sort of stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't and/or won't disclose exactly what's been fixed/not fixed/whatever until they're certain as to what will actually BE fixed/not fixed/whatever in a patch. Promising a bunch of fixes which don't end up happening, or promising a hard date for a patch that may or may not actually be possible to meet would probably cause more harm than good as far as reputation goes.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Steve2911 posted:

Do the previous games have the same Portal-style 'post apocalyptic robots put innocent people through insane tracks' stuff in the background as this one does? The dialogue's absolutely brilliant (at least the first time you hear it).
No, this game's the first one with any kind of story as far as I remember. I didn't really play HD, but Evo was definitely just "crazy motorcyclists do loving awesome things on highly improbable and incredibly deadly stunt tracks."

Edit: tehsid, I finally tried your track out! I like it, though I only ran through it once. I'll try to go back and set a solid time on it soon. That starting backflip to bunnyhop is pretty cool, actually.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 13, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Maw posted:

I had it on for a bit, then decided I didn't really want to hear the voices over and over again with every inevitable retry, so switched it off. I haven't really missed it, I've never felt like previous trials games have been missing anything by not having a story.
Yeah, pretty much the same. I left them on long enough to fault my way through most of the tracks and hear the clips, then turned them off after that; haven't looked back. It reminds me of 343's brilliant decision to give a canon reason for "why do blue spacemans shoot at red spacemans?" in Halo 4's multiplayer. The answer: Nobody gives a gently caress.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Bigsteve posted:

They are most annoying due to restarting. When your setting times that's every time I screw it up.

Switched them off ages ago, do they actually say anything of importance? Im assuming there will be some long easter egg that will take years to find.
Usually if George mentions something about reporting sightings of Big Nuts the Squirrel, there's a hidden squirrel on the level somewhere.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

a foolish pianist posted:

Oh, this is awesome. I just got super psyched about getting a silver medal on Eco Park in the skill showcase. I seriously haven't been this excited about anything in video games since finally beating Ornstein and Smough.
Welcome to the addiction, enjoy your "how the gently caress is it 2 AM?!" :getin:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Didn't see this posted in here yet.

Shifty Samurai on the Trials Fusion forums posted:

Hey everybody, here's the latest update on Trials Fusion. Right now, we're hard at work on the first Feature Pack. This pack will bring the first major new feature to the game, as part of our ongoing commitment to continue to grow and improve Trials Fusion in the months and years to come.

While we're not disclosing the exact nature of this new Feature yet, we're sure you will find it adds a lot to the game. And as always, all Feature Packs for Trials Fusion will be absolutely free.

In addition to the new feature, the first Feature Pack will include a large number of additional fixes and improvements to enhance the overall Trials experience. A complete list will be published on the day we launch Feature Pack #1, but the list below contains some highlights.

We expect Feature Pack #1 to release within the next few weeks, depending on quality assurance testing.

ALL/CONSOLES

Correcting the FMX Speed Glitch, where you get an inadvertent speed boost using an FMX trick
Addressing additional issues regarding the PS4 Season Pass
Addressing some issues regarding Uplay connectivity
Adding a number of stability fixes to the editor
Some improvements to texture and graphics issues
A number of fixes and improvements to Track Central

PC SPECIFIC

PC version is getting a number of stability related fixes and optimizations
New options for users to tweak the graphic settings (foliage, particles)
Mouse cursor now disappears when using the gamepad

We're aware that correcting the FMX Speed Glitch will impact the Leader Boards and we are putting together a plan to address Leader Board issues after the launch of this Feature Pack.

He made a later post in the thread to say that the as-of-yet-unnamed feature is not online multiplayer.

quote:

Though online MP will be coming, it will not be coming in the first feature pack. I don't mean to disappoint anyone, but telling you now is better than allowing speculation on or rumors about it being the MP feature.

Figured I'd pass all that along.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

a foolish pianist posted:

Holy crap, the tutorials really need something in them to teach that method of getting up on flat landings where you just get the front tire on, hit the brakes, lean forward, then release the brakes and shift your weight backwards. I spent a hundred faults trying to get through the second obstacle on Light City, before watching a video and figuring out how to do that.
If you still have a bit of upward momentum during this, hold the accelerator down and tap the brakes repeatedly. Doesn't make much sense, but it'll lift your back tire up a lot faster, then you can do the shifting weight thing. Apparently the Trials pros call the technique "fapping," which is pretty dumb, but it works like a charm on those big rear end vert ramps with a flat block at the top of them. It usually helps to use the face button instead of the trigger for the brake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

magimix posted:

If you haven't already done so, and want to have your mind BLOOOOOooooown in terms of just what people can do with just bike and rider, hit up some Ninja track runs on Youtube. Ninja-riders are inhumanly skilled, and can do poo poo that just defies belief. But I will say that while, uh... 'fapping' is useful, no standard trials-track obstacle in any of the base tracks requires it.
Yeah, it's not required at all. It's more of a "oh poo poo!" maneuver for when you're about to screw up and fall short on the base tracks.

• Locked thread