Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
In Oculus the mirror tricks the brother into killing Keiron Gillen with the anchor, and he gets taken away by the cops yelling it was the mirror just like when he was a kid

client posted:

At the end of Primer it is revealed that the movie isn't very good

client is a big dumb moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Triumph of the Will:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCJTR3XeiAc

Downfall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAWkLsWQCY8

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Cloud Atlas makes no sense at all. You might think that at some point you would "get" "it" but you won't, because there isn't anything to "get". It makes no sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lollerich posted:

Cloud Atlas makes no sense at all. You might think that at some point you would "get" "it" but you won't, because there isn't anything to "get". It makes no sense.

I haven't read the book, are the characters literally re-incarnating?

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

In Independence Day, a macintosh sends a virus to the aliens and they all die

Macs don't have viruses idiot.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Lollerich posted:

The whole point of the movie is that you go "wow the makeup artist was so good!" and pretend to be amazed that they retroactively inserted some common symbolism to tie the virtually independent stories together

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

unlimited shrimp posted:

The The AristoCats ends with O'Malley making GBS threads in Frou-Frou's mouth and slurping Duchess' vaginal cyst butter while Shun Gon plays a rollicking rendition of Chopsticks in the background.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The Matrix is a video game
a video game in which you play an office worker who goes berserk and shoots everyone

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
In Out of the Furnace it takes forever for anything to happen and the climax is as boring as possible.

client
Aug 19, 2010

Baller Ina posted:

In Out of the Furnace it takes forever for anything to happen and the climax is as boring as possible.

i have seriously never seen a more boring uninteresting movie in my entire life.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
In Schindler's List a careless little Jewish girl living in a black & white world somehow manages to loose her bright red coat.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

CharlestonJew posted:

In The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug I fell asleep halfway through.

That's not possible, they replaced all the interesting plot they removed with action sequences that neither set up or resolve anything. You can't be bored by action sequences. It's the law.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
In Unknown some director makes a lovely movie with Liam Neeson in it trying to ape off the success of Taken.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Matrix is about having the power to select any gun you want at will

I remember reading that phrase in a newspaper article shortly after the Columbine shootings and that's when I learned you cant trust the gungrabbing liberal media

RuPaul 2012

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

I haven't read the book, are the characters literally re-incarnating?
I haven't read the book either, in the movie, they kind of reincarnate. Not really though, it's more like the actors have roles where the characters they play have storylines that are related to each other. For example, in the earliest timeline Tom Hanks is the bad guy, and in the future timline he is the hero. Agent Smith is mostly a villain and in the contemporary timeline he is Mrs. Doubtfire (seriously).

It just doesn't make any sense. The whole movie doesn't make any sense.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Roargasm posted:

The whole point of the movie is that you go "wow the makeup artist was so good!" and pretend to be amazed that they retroactively inserted some common symbolism to tie the virtually independent stories together
Ching-chong-bing-bong doesn't look believable as a negress, nor does Agent Smith as Mrs. Doubtfire. The individual story lines are tied together by the same actors playing different roles in different timelines. The story in and of itself isn't tied together at all. The huge interstellar communication array in the future has no connection to Tom Hanks stealing someone's golden shirt buttons in the Pirate Age.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Woman In Black Danielle Radcliffe dies and he's finally happy because he's re-united with his wife and child, and being alive in Victorian times is very hard.

Lollerich posted:

I haven't read the book either, in the movie, they kind of reincarnate. Not really though, it's more like the actors have roles where the characters they play have storylines that are related to each other. For example, in the earliest timeline Tom Hanks is the bad guy, and in the future timline he is the hero. Agent Smith is mostly a villain and in the contemporary timeline he is Mrs. Doubtfire (seriously).

It just doesn't make any sense. The whole movie doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I know, I saw the movie. I was just wondering if they were literally reincarnating or if it was just, not always well linked thematics or something

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
In Pacific Rim the American titan saves the day right before the metal gear project is scraped while the other gundams forget how to fight and get killed by alien mechs without even putting up a challenge.

Also the cis white male gets the Asian chick.

It's every American otaku's wet dream.

Also somebody has the brain sex from demolition man with an alien.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 23, 2014

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

In The Postman a few fine actors who deserve better embarrass the gently caress out of themselves.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
In Memento: I don't even loving know movie is too complicated.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Batman flies a bomb out into the ocean but survives and gives up being Batman and hangs out in cafes with Catwoman because he solved all crime at the end of The Dark Knight Rises

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lollerich posted:

Ching-chong-bing-bong doesn't look believable as a negress, nor does Agent Smith as Mrs. Doubtfire. The individual story lines are tied together by the same actors playing different roles in different timelines. The story in and of itself isn't tied together at all. The huge interstellar communication array in the future has no connection to Tom Hanks stealing someone's golden shirt buttons in the Pirate Age.

Cloud Atlas is a perfect example of how if you dress up genre fiction in enough pretentious gimmicks and trappings of literary fiction then critics will eat it up.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
In the fountain hugh jackman cures death and takes like 1000 years to finish his dead wife's goddamn book while flying into a supernova.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i was on the way to see the desolation of smaug and the police called us when we were about to go to the theatre and told us my sister had died in a car accident. 1/10 do not recommend this movie at all .

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
In The Agony and the Ectasy it is revealed that Michaelangelo is a party dude.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Dear Zachary: A guy's family bitches about his ex for two hours, people with zero critical thinking skills accept everything they say as fact.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
In Dragonball Z Goku wins

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
pulp fiction- believe in God and don't become a gangsta

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
The Godfather

Khartoum
Luca Brasi
Paulie Gatto
Bruno Tattaglia
Captain McCluskey
Virgil Sollozzo
Sonny Corleone
Apollonia Vitelli
Carmine Cuneo
Victor Stracci
Moe Green
Phillip Tattaglia
Emilio Barzini
Salvatore Tessio
Carlo Rizzi

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RatHat posted:

In Dragonball Z Goku wins

The Spirit Bomb finally hit something.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
ygritte dies
tyrion kills tywin and shae
jon gets stabbed to death by the nights watch because he's a retard
sansa pretends to be a maid and is a wallflower
varys shoots kevan lannister with a crossbow and has six children stab him to death
bran gets magical tree powers
arya gets magical shadow/death/darkness powers
dany gets lost chasing a dragon has diarrhea and her period everywhere

oh and apparently jaime rapes cersei but thats only in the tv show

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
On the something awful forums, people become too good for movies in order to fit in with the crowd by seeming different.

Also in SWAT one of the SWAT agents is a traitor.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Wash and Shepherd Book die in Serenity. Wash dies in a penis joke.

The Fifth Element Leon tells Padme to run and then he blows the gently caress out of Zorg with a grenade vest at the bottom of his apartment building.

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
In Unbreakable Bruce Willis touches Samuel L Jackson's hand and his super power reveals that he is autistic.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

at the end of Akira it turns out it was all an anime.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
In Caligula Hellen Mirren got some bomb rear end titties

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
In The Debt Helen Mirren lets a nazi go free but catches him eventually and confesses to everybody that she lied

e: actually The Debt was really good but just going with the Helen Mirren thing

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Luke and Leia fall in love and travel back in time and have a baby and that baby grows up to be Yoda.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
In Taxi Driver, De Niro loses the plot because he is insane/lonely and kills a bunch of people on a white knight quest, somehow gets thanked for it despite nailing like 4 people and still ends up pissing his panties when Cybill Shepherd gets in the car at the end.

In Goodfellas, a bunch of people get shot and killed after the airport heist, henry hill traffics coke despite being told not to, gets caught, becomes informant, sells out everyone and goes into Wit Sec.

Goodfellas was p cool though, i though taxi driver was mad overrated but.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

In Avatar Cripples McJarhead gets into a robot knife fight with the rear end in a top hat general and wins, then becomes a giant blue cat thing.

• Locked thread