Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

+1 to this I think it should be a Hall of Fame nomination though, and not the yearly one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

I would like to nominate Matt Millen for the lifetime achievement award. He's so terrible he probably won't be able to win that either.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I would like to add Mike Tomlin to my list of nominees.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
A few more I should have nominated or +1'd but I've been sick and my brain is kinda mush: Bobby Petrino, Greg Schiano, Richie Incognito and the NCAA.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Seconding Entire Alabama Fanbase. Dumbest fans in the country, by far.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Nominating Golden Tate for being a goony idiot who wore his Google glass after the super bowl.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
The NCAA is giant shithouse and by leading the hypocrisy Mark Emmert gets a vote as well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Seconding the NCAA.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Fenrir posted:

A few more I should have nominated or +1'd but I've been sick and my brain is kinda mush: Bobby Petrino, Greg Schiano, Richie Incognito and the NCAA.

I'd like to second all of those.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
:siren:UPDATE!:siren:

Standings

Players

Ray Rice: 8
Richie Incognito: 7
Taylor Lewan: 6
Russell Wilson: 5
Jameis Winston: 4
Colin Kaepernick: 3
Aldon Smith: 2
AJ McCarron: 2

Administrators

Greg Schiano: 9
Mark Emmert: 8
Roger Goodell: 7
Bret Bielma: 7
Bobby Petrino: 4
Mike Tomlin: 3
Mike Shanahan: 3
Jeff Fisher: 3

Media

Darren Rovell: 9
Rick Reilly: 9
Nolan Nawrocki: 5
Colin Cowherd: 4
Phil Mushnick: 3
Skip Bayless: 3
Merril Hoge: 2
Joe Buck: 2

Wildcard

NCAA: 7
12th Man: 5
Entire Alabama Fanbase: 2
Tallahassee PD: 1
An Anonymous Scout: 1
Northwestern: 1
The NFC East: 1
2013 Ravens Offensive Line: 1

Outside Looking In
Jimmy Haslam: 3
Jeff Ireland: 2
Nick Saban: 2
Arian Foster: 2
John Elway: 2
Pete Prisco: 1
Jamele Hill: 1
Tyler Bray: 1
Rob Gronkowski: 1
Lane Kiffin: 1
Brian Schottenheimer: 1
Derrick Coleman: 1
James Harrison: 1
Peyton Manning: 1
Some rear end in a top hat Lions Player: 1
D.J. Swearinger: 1
Matt Millen: 1
Golden Tate: 1

Lifetime Noms

Roger Goodell
Skip Bayless
Bobby Petrino
Mark Emmert
NCAA
Lane Kiffin
John Elway
James Harrison
Matt Millen

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Oh hell no Jimmy Haslam ain't missing the cut

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

Oh hell no Jimmy Haslam ain't missing the cut

Sorry, but he's facing charges, isn't he? If so then he can't be voted for.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress the Tallahassee Police Department forever

NCAA only for Hall of Fame. Giant exploitative shithouse.

Greg Schiano for a number of reasons

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pete Prisco wears jorts and makes blogger basement jokes in the year 2014 so he deserves a nomination on general principle.

Also Lane Kiffin should be in this tournament every year, even after he's long out of football.

And since y'all are nominating division rivals, I'll give an extra gently caress you to Jeff Fisher.

Finally, Golden Tate for ~~~allegedly~~~ loving Russell Wilson's wife and ending his marriage.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Seconding the NCAA, Darren Rovell, and Rick Reilly.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Pete Prisco wears jorts and makes blogger basement jokes in the year 2014 so he deserves a nomination on general principle.

Also Lane Kiffin should be in this tournament every year, even after he's long out of football.

And since y'all are nominating division rivals, I'll give an extra gently caress you to Jeff Fisher.

Finally, Golden Tate for ~~~allegedly~~~ loving Russell Wilson's wife and ending his marriage.

So are you nominating Tate for douche of the year or bro of the year? Because I can see that going either way.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Voting for Greg Schiano because gently caress his bullshit face

Voting for Mark Emmert and by proxy the NCAA for being a complete douchenozzle of an organization douchiness of which only rivals Congress.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Chichevache posted:

Sorry, but he's facing charges, isn't he? If so then he can't be voted for.

It has to be charges relating to something especially heinous.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
NCAA should really get a Hall of Fame nomination. It's not like they were just douches this year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SlipUp posted:

It has to be charges relating to something especially heinous.

Yup. Also charges haven't been filed yet.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress the Tallahassee Police Department forever

NCAA only for Hall of Fame. Giant exploitative shithouse.

Greg Schiano for a number of reasons

See this guys has the right idea
NCAA HoF only because they deserve it.
Tally PD for failing repeatedly to charge a high profile player.
Greg Schiano for taking a bad situation and making it worse by failing to adapt his authoritative style to the situation he found himself in.

and some more...

Mike Williams for failing repeatedly to stay out of trouble to the point he was traded for a sixth rounder. Seriously how hard is it to not get into a fight with your brother and getting stabbed in the leg?
Jamis Winston for skating by TWICE on his local celebrity status where any other individual who wasn't as athletically gifted would have been charged and seen the inside of a court room.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
NCAA HOF

Do it do it yes yes yes

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
I'll second Jameis Winston. Got a feeling this guy is going to rival Big Ben's sexual assault accusations count in time.

I'll also second Bret Bielema because gently caress this guy I hate the fact that he's coaching my team.:negative:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

New Division posted:

I'll second Jameis Winston. Got a feeling this guy is going to rival Big Ben's sexual assault accusations count in time.

I'll also second Bret Bielema because gently caress this guy I hate the fact that he's coaching my team.:negative:

If you drink enough you can kinda forget about him, since the Hogs suck now anyway :smith:

e: should have clarified that, seconding Bret Bielema even though as much as I don't like him at least he isn't Petrino.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 8, 2014

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'll nom Justin Blackmon for literally drinking his future away. I know Jacksonville is a shithole but dude c'mon.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yeah Haslam's company is under investigation, he hasn't been charged with anything

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Here's a nomination for Joe Banner, who thinks you should cut the best player on your team to send a message. The man behind the curtain for the CHUD saga that enthralled TFF for a season. By all accounts a petty rear end in a top hat on the same level as pioli.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Oh, can I nominate the Philadelphia Eagles' Front Office for cutting DeSean Jackson based on the flimsiest of evidence of "gang ties" then trying to smear his reputation after with hit pieces?

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
I don't think you can find any better match for the word "Douche" than Richie Incognito. You can't oversell the concept of how big of a douchebag he really, really is.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Player:

Jameis Winston - Combining Roethlisberger-esque sexual assault "allegations" with petty theft, what's not to hate?

Richie Incognito - His tweets read like a PhD course in doucheology.

Media:

Darren Rovell - "Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, we now know that, yes, Darren Rovell really is that big of a baby."

Nolan Nawrocki - Obvious racist is obvious. And even if you give him the benefit of the doubt on that one he's STILL loving horrible at his job and just unbearable to read.

Administrator:

Greg Schiano - His assholery basically dominated half the NFL season. "Allegedly" leaking confidential medical information probably makes him "a literal criminal" (who will totally get away with it.)

Jeff Fisher - Smug rear end in a top hat whose football concepts were already outdated in the 1990s yet somehow has the media sucking up to him all the time. gently caress this guy.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 8, 2014

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Oh is it time already! I have some sketching to do for a new bracket design.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Jimmy Haslam because I just think he is either a manchurian candidate of the Rooneys or the next Dan Snyder or both.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
NCAA, and the 12th Man.

And Rick Spielman for the Christian Ponder ~*experience*~

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to nominate Ashton Meem for DotY because if Russell Wilson can't stand you, you're probably a pretty big douche. Also, she may have slept with Golden Tate.

Also Aldon Smith, Ray Rice, Jameis Winston and Richie Incognito for the players.

Admins I nominate Greg Schiano.

And for the HoF I easily nominate the entire NCAA for many reasons.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 8, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The newest very well-paid douche, Richard Sherman.

And the Niner who deserves to be on the list is definitely Chris Culliver for his brass knuckles incident.

+1 to Richie Incognito, Darren Rovell & Jameis Winston

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Lifetime Noms

Roger Goodell
Skip Bayless
Bobby Petrino
Mark Emmert
NCAA
Lane Kiffin
John Elway
James Harrison
Matt Millen

Man, that's a lot of top-shelf prime loving douchebags. The hall of fame voting is going to be tough.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
I just want to add another vote to THE 12TH MAN. We're horrible.

Yeah, I fly a giant 12 outside my house on Sundays what's it to you?

Also, Greg Schiano and the NCAA.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am going to nominate Saints owner Tom Benson for this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nflpa-lambasts-saints-backed-workers-164541895--nfl.html

quote:

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The NFL Players Association is launching a campaign aimed at defeating the New Orleans Saints' bid to change state law pertaining to workers' compensation claims by players.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said legislation which was pushed by Saints owner Tom Benson, and which passed the Louisiana House of Representatives on Wednesday, ''specifically targets professional athletes, to take away or limit their workers' compensation benefits.''

The legislation aims to calculate workers' compensation benefits for pro athletes based only on recent earnings, while the NFL's collective bargaining agreement has a formula that also includes future earnings. Multi-year NFL contracts typically have significant annual raises built in, and are paid primarily during the 17 weeks of the regular season, while offseason pay consists primarily of per diems.

Under a worst-case scenario, the NFLPA said, the legislation could cause a player's workers' compensation benefit to be based on per-diems if the player was hurt during preseason, rather than the much larger, annual contract.

''Our union exists to protect the rights that are constantly under attack by owners who don't need the money, but they simply want the money,'' Smith said.

When contacted about the legislation and Smith's statements, Saints spokesman Greg Bensel said the club had no comment.

The bill is sponsored by state Reps. Chris Broadwater, R-Hammond, and Cameron Henry, R-Metairie. It passed the House by a 56-32 vote and next heads to the state Senate for consideration.

Pro athletes ''shouldn't get some special privilege to calculate their benefits on what might happen in the future,'' Broadwater added after the debate. ''All I'm saying is: Treat these workers like every other worker in the state and it's not fundamentally unfair.''

Broadwater said the bill brings Saints players in line with how workers' compensation claims are handled for all other employees in Louisiana. He said pro athletes are currently the only people employed in Louisiana who have benefits calculated based on future earnings.

The legislation deals with ''any professional athlete,'' meaning it would affect the NBA's Pelicans, also owned by Benson.

House lawmakers debated the matter briefly before passage.

Broadwater said the bill was primarily pushed by the New Orleans Saints and seeks to clear up the issue of how to calculate an average wage for a workers' compensation claim.

Rep. Pat Connick, R-Marrero, who opposed the bill, said it would disregard existing contracts held by NFL players and would negatively affect players.

Broadwater said seven lawsuits involving the issue have been decided in Louisiana appeals courts, and that six of the rulings agreed with the language in his bill.

However, NFLPA associate general counsel Ned Ehrlich noted that all six rulings which were favorable to the Saints came in Jefferson Parish, where team headquarters are located. The ruling favorable to the player came in Orleans Parish, where the club's home stadium, the Superdome, is located.

''There is one parish where there have been decisions counter to the law,'' Ehrlich said. ''They're trying to take advantage of an incorrect decision, and that's why we're pushing back, obviously.''

Smith said the bill is simply a vehicle for the Saints to save money by changing state law in order to subvert the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.

''What conclusion are we left with, when we start off knowing that no team loses money on workers' comp, no state - no citizen - loses money on workers' comp, but we have owners who constantly are trying to change the law to hurt players who they know are going to get hurt in this system?'' Smith said.

''We're going to be asking Saints fans to call (Reps. Broadwater and Henry) up and ask them why they want to sponsor legislation to hurt their players,'' Smith added. ''We're going to ask our current players to weigh in on the fights about why an owner wants to hurt the benefits that are lawfully entitled to their players.''

Basically he is trying to use legislation to get around the CBA and screw players that get injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Consider this a seconding for Tom Benson.

• Locked thread