Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rising Storm is pretty good, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Party Plane Jones posted:

You forgot the big selling point of multiplayer campaigns that they have not released in any form that actually works.

What? There are tons of multiplayer campaign servers. Most of the most popular servers have campaigns.

And yeah, a lot of people assumed that RO2 was subpar because they were too focused on Killing Floor and it's sucessor to give a poo poo about a stillborn game. Let's hope they don't screw up Killing Floor 2.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game will be much more terrifying if monsters actually run at you instead of walking really fast.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I do kind of wish that they would take out the leveling up system, or make it faster this time. I'm all for having gun unlocks tied to levels, but having straight-up stat boosts that are necessary to play on higher difficulties is kinda bad.

It makes for a good carrot, yeah, but I'd rather have my chances of winning tied to just personal activities and not helped/hindered by upgrades.

I found them interest ways to play with the diffculty levels without turning the whole thing into a joke. How would you implement an Hell on earth dificulty level without the levels?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even more ridiculous Metal would be welcome though.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fleshpound has been lifting weights :stare:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

No, it was weird. The beta was fun but then the full launch was worse in almost every way somehow. It took them a while but for the past year or so it's returned to being super fun to play as long as you play non-vanilla gameplay modes (realism/classic). Maybe the vanilla RO2 is actually good now as well but I just never take it off realism servers.
People nowadays play Rising Storm because it's a much better game in every sense of the word.

Mash posted:

Yup, that's pretty much it. Can't have us console gamers hampering their flawless PC gaming experience! :v:

It's a worrying sign because i don't think Tripwire ever ported a game to consoles and Tripwire is incredibly loving incompetent so while KF2 is showing tons of good things that simple thing might cause tremendous bugs and glitches.

This is the company that won an Unreal competition with Red Orchestra, released the game and then admitted a few months after releasing RO2 that they didn't know what people liked about the original game, which is why they added level unlocks, crosshairs and maps that ignored balanced maps in an attempt to create maps that looked realistic (i.e. the opposite of RO1).

They also released a beta version of RO2 that was better than the release version :psyduck:

So there's plenty of reason for people to be a bit worried. I'm looking forward to KF2 but i sure as hell won't be pre-ordering it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeusExMachinima posted:

Is it weird I'm okay with this? Then again I enjoyed Op Flashpoint so brutal realism kicking your rear end unfairly is just something I've been shellshocked into accepting. Rising Storm was much better though.

And sometimes it works for you. Sometimes you get the laser-guided airstrike. In RO2 I sniped from a bridge by the German spawn in Stalingrad and racked up ~30 kills as desperate Russian players tried to rush across the train tracks to cover. :mrgw:

Well, Grain Elevator was a merciless slaughter of Germans, unless they managed to crawl inside the elevator, at which point it became a slaughter of Russians and Pavlov's house is super poo poo, done on porpuse because it was totes historical. The trainyard map is also terrible.

They just shut off their brains during the creation of RO2's maps. It's even worse when you look at Rising Storm and it's clear that someone over there knows how to make really good maps. Where the hell were they during RO2?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, i hope they do a support video. I loved the AA12 and i want more sexy shotguns.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chard posted:

Zippo > Blowtorch > Propane grill > Repurposed gasoline pump

Hank Hill DLC confirmed.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broose posted:

Even Mr. Scrake is at a loss for why this game isn't out yet.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not really feeling the new Scrake. He seems more annoyed about being there than anything else.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never felt like i wasn't contributing as Support.

I think the Commando was the only "weak" class of the bunch.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you're forcing me to pre-order this game :smith:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inside Out Mom posted:

seriously? i try not to read comments these days. are people retarded enough about a punk chick in a horror game? its like they never saw return of the living dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ly4611uL6Q

New Patriarch music :getin:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

closeted republican posted:

I want an angry college communist skin as well for the hilarity of watching Thatcher and Reagan fight zeds alongside their most hated ideological enemy.
I want Tripwire to make a mod ala The Ship and create Reagan, Thatcher , Gorvachov, Fidel, Saddam and Bush, all with terrible voice acting.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Couldn't you stun a Scrake to death with the katana?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steam Workshop woudln't hurt either.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They'll announce that KF2 has been one big elaborate prank and they've really been working in contract for EA making a first person adaption of Peggle

Tripwire to announce KF2 as prank, announce Red Orchestra 3 as the next true release.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SinineSiil posted:

A video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prIMTtR8-M
I really dislike how first person sprinting animation looks like you are running really fast but your actual movement speed doesn't match that. It's like running on treadmill.

Edit: It looks fine in third person though.

There's blood EVERYWHERE~

the siren yell is fuckin badass

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Takes No Damage posted:

Finally, as a longtime zerker, it was comforting to see that the rest of the team still focuses on whatever trash zed the zerker is currently running towards. Why thank you lv6 Sharpshooter, my katana would definitely not have been able to handle that single Clot I just ran halfway across the map towards, thanks for popping its head just before I get there :wave:

Wanna play this game.

it's not my fault they got caught up on the wrong side of my shotgun barrel

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of them came close to dying on Normal with maxed out skills.

Top tier scrubs :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope this game is terrible because i have no money to buy it and i don't want to feel like poo poo until i'm non-poor.

• Locked thread