Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I mean they are selling in game currency right now so I don't know why this is shocking to anyone. :suicide:

Obviously because people who spends money on a game are class traitors who support the capitalist pigs in their exportation of the oppressed gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

More the fact that the game currently doesn't even have any use for currency and isn't even close to that point.

How much money did you "invest" in Star Citizen :allears:

I am a proud owner of a Hornet, as if I am going to have a ship that I don't have to pay any upkeep on, I might as well take something that is likely to blow up. It have been sufficient to cover my desperation after a space game that will make me relive the joy I had out of Freespace and Freelancer, even though old age blinds me to any frustration I had with those games before and any expectation I have will never truly be fulfilled.

But hey, space!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

AP posted:

Sometimes less cargo is good idea.

The lack of regard for OSHA regulations is worrying.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
And it have now passed 51 millions.

For crack.

And whores.

And other stuff Roberts is spending it on, that is not the game.

Yay.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

OhDearGodNo posted:

There needs to be some form of interdiction, or else all you will see are ships packed with speed mods.

The general idea is that it will be easier to disable the engines of bigger ships so one can board, while smaller crafts will be hard to disable, but not theoretical impossible. Good luck disabling a fighter without blowing it up though, unless they add some "ion" gun or some other nonsense that just disable electronics instead of damaging them.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

imperialparadox posted:

"Leveling" your CPU sounds useful if it does things like improve your fuel efficiency for a trader, or lets you fire your weapons longer before they overheat for a PVP'er. Though yeah, I question how much use a temporary bonus is to anybody who plays combat, because that will probably involve dying quite often.

Never not ram.

Perhaps they should just have % loss of CPU level, so if people occasionally die, they wont lose much, but if they ram their ship into anything in sight, their CPU acts like it have special needs.

Then again, with a dedicated ramming vessel, CPU level should probably not be that important anyhow.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Truga posted:

Nothing about nerfing ramming yet. It's probably not happening, because Christ Robbers wants realism.

I want realism. So if I drive my explosive-laden Aurora into someone's hangar, I want that baby to light the skies on fire.

imperialparadox posted:

The big question about No Man's Sky is if visiting randomly generated planets will be fun after the twelfth time. What do you do in the game exactly, is it space-minecraft or something?

I fear it will end like the exploration in Spore. Sounds great on paper, but boring as hell in practice.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 29, 2014

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

neonbregna posted:

I don't think you get star citizen. When it is released you will be able to insert your catheters, don your occulus rift, and insert a feeding tube so you can immerse yourself in the next stage of human evolution in the most realistic space pay2win simulator possible. Those that haven't bought space ship will be serfs for the lords of this brave new world.

I am not looking forward to being fed my own recycled waste.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

tooterfish posted:

Disagree. It wasn't nearly racist enough to give the authentic Clarkson experience.

It would been more authentic if Space Clarkson had called a tevarin racer a credit to his species.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really don't want to hear my guy breathe.

"Are you masturbating in there?!"

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I assume red latex suits are mandatory?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Would think the FPS module would be fairly straightforward, as they don't really need to muck about with the code but can rather focus on designing levels and various models. Problem would be making sure it's interesting enough to be not just be a Crysis mod.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

OhDearGodNo posted:

CR just announced the FPS module will be ready in 2 weeks.

He must think he's owning the joke...

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

For those who haven't voted yet, vote for the third starter ship so it doesn't get shitcanned.

I usually don't vote as votes are a tool for the unwashed masses to suppress the individual, but your heartfelt plea have moved me to action.

Or something.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

imperialparadox posted:

My computer already came with Minesweeper. :v:

Seriously though, how would that work. Wrecks won't persist, but mines would? I somehow don't see that, because the first thing people goons will do is drop a million mines in an instance and crash the servers.

I also just don't see how minesweeping would be that fun. :shrug:

Guess people could just :gizz: mines all over hyperspace exits to lock down systems, but one would have to have a fleet of them to cover every instance in heavily trafficked systems, not to mention that exists will randomly spawn people in a large area.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Kinda weird considering the Avenger been sitting in people's hangars for a year now. Should think that with the maps being bigger, Avenger should be more viable to play, since it has powerful engines but poor mobility (if I recall rightly).

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hybridfusion posted:

One of the cutlasses has prison cells or something:

http://imgur.com/a/ALAft

It's for transporting involuntary work forces.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I kinda liked seeing the Planetside Demo, though it was buggy and choppy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGLE3USB2U

The masturbating space pilot at 6:25 was a nice touch.

Edit: Also, Sandi being smacked around.

http://i.imgur.com/mvVpcus.gif

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 11, 2014

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

DatonKallandor posted:

Incredibly pretty if it wasn't for the very obnoxious motion blur. And a sensible developer would let you "call ahead" and do your shopping and mission taking/handing in during the landing sequence and/or from your landed ship. So I expect the whole time-wasting decon, contraband scan, walking around part to be mandatory.

Yea, landing sequence and custom control is something they need to make optional, because it's gonna get tedious. It's fine for the first visits but after awhile you are gonna be smashing that escape button as soon as the sequence starts.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

imperialparadox posted:

A lot of Shitizens are truly horrible people. I am legitimately looking forward to shooting down their $600 autism-chariots.

Are we to just kill them or are we supposed to sound like straw feminist doing it? "Barrel rolls, not gender roles!"

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Ignoring the amount of money the Scythe is worth on the grey marked, it's seems pretty lackluster, the biggest selling points being rarity, design and the ability to ram. The rarity of Scythe makes me wonder how long it takes to replace it with LTI, capturing a Vanduul fighter is supposed to be a rare event, so the replacement time must be longer than most of the bigger insurable ships, considering that player captured Scythes can't be insured. Which makes me think that if RSI decides to make LTI a bit more special to calm the brown sea, we may end up with LTI ships being replaced faster than ships with regular insurance.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Informed Consent posted:

Maybe he's one of those people who's against "the blackmarket" out of principle.

Because everyone who trades ships with other people looks like this:

Don't be a sexist git.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

RescueFreak posted:

AnythingFPS isn't going to post anymore videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnythingFPS/about

Awwww. Anyone else showcasing hidden files?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Rastor posted:

I will say that if there weren't a bunch of Goon bomber bros voting for the next commercial, the Avenger would have probably won out over the Retaliator and gotten more love. Sorry, Avenger owners.

Literally worse than Hitler.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Rastor posted:

Pretty sure Chris Roberts has stated avoiding gate camping is an explicit design consideration. They're planning something like when you exit a jump it's in a random spot in a space huge enough that you can't cover it all.

I am kinda hoping that the jump points works like a funnel, small entry point, large exit point. You can shut down an exit, but you can't really camp and kill people as they jump in.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
That post is 3 days old, why have I not been told before? You have all failed me! Now I have to check reddit for information.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

quote:

Beer4theBeerGod asked me to clarify about the first question: you absolutely still get the extra tractor beam and the docking collar as promised. (Which you can likely sell for more than 3,000 UEC on launch, if that impacts your trade-in decision.)

Another piece of evidence showing that Star Citizen is being corrupted by goons.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

tooterfish posted:

They've built up a decent store of goodwill this year, with me at least, and I can't be the only one.

That would be reasonable, but then again, gamers. :v:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Naturally Selected posted:

There are people that fall over and over for money doubling scams, people that hand over literally hundreds of dollars' worth of in-game currency and items every few months to the same exact scams, etc. Pubbies do not learn, ever.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

8astard0 posted:

You can choose to be lefty or righty? Truly we live in an age of wonders.

Think of all the parts that can be upgraded.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

SC_Druggie posted:

We wouldn't even have what we have now if we all thought that way. Someone has to assume the risk.

Just enjoy your cheap ride to gaming bliss I always say. Why discourage those of us who are willing to drop over a grand on your behalf.

Because monetization ruins the purity of the game!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

PITT posted:

I am of the opinion that its just noone wants to fly a thumb drive, that and the whole mission profile is just hosed unless its more EWAR than sneakernet. I just cant get past that you need a whole ship to move some data. I would imagine hard drives would get pretty big in a thousand years.

Without getting too sperg over it, I understand the whole long range communication for large amounts of data could be latent or slow or whatever, but the volume? poo poo just throw a WD MyDrive Exabyte Black Edition in the front seat of your freelancer brah.

Kinda liked BeerGod idea of inforunners being able to transport missions, bounties and orders from one system to another, making it another form of cargo transport that could affect other players behavior. Then again, you can earn money robbing transports but for pirating it's kinda hard to see what purpose mailmen serve beside target practice.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I blame SWToR.

Actually, it would be more fair to blame rpg games in general, but for now SC seems to avoid most of the rpg stuff like experience and crafting levels. Then again, if there is not encyclopedia worth of facts and stories about every planet and space station, I am gonna be bitching about the lack of immersion, because I am that kind of autistic sperg.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BitBasher posted:

If they do it like most previous CR games then Bombs=Torpedoes and you cannot physically launch a Torpedo unguided. They took so long to lock on you could not physically launch more than one torpedo per pass.

Sure, crush our hopes and dreams of being Nero.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tony Zurovec seems hell bent on producing something awesome.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7193591/star-citizen-persistent-world

I guess with over 400 systems means they will probably be releasing a system every week after launch, so explorers actually have something to look for.

And 800 planets, in addition to stations? Gonna get pretty loving generic after awhile.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 15, 2014

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Carrack super adventure time!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14323-Into-The-Unknown-A-Carrack-Her-Crew

Edit: Resorted to cannibalism at day 70.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 29, 2014

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Will Goonrathi offer legal aid during SPACE COURT?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

OptimusWang posted:

I haven't played it in awhile, but ED did this pretty well with the Viper. It's a badass killing machine, but fully kitted out it can't go very far (and straight up can't make larger single jumps). If the Hornet has similar issues I think that's ok.
Yea, fuel consumption could be a nice way to make sure that different types of fighters could have their niches, in addition to different "respawn" times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Octopode posted:

Sneak peak from today's Around the Verse. Possible Vanduul ship? Whatever it is, I like it.

They pretty much gonna call this an eagle, falcon or some other bird of prey name, it's pretty sleek.

• Locked thread