Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I think this is a fantastic TCG and I really hope it gets a bigger playerbase. My id is turboraton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
The "final test" at the end of the tutorials is some real bullshit. Overcame it, but wow that was hilariously unfun.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It went gold, apparently. Whatever the hell that means. I hope they get more players due to it, but I somehow doubt it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
So I've kind of pieced together the narrative from playing the campaigns. There's a version of Aleta in each reality, and she's always influential with the dominant faction, but where did her immortality come from? Is every version of her connected to the sleepers?

Edit. Okay, the campaign wasn't supposed to explain everything. You have to glean the rest from the card flavour-text.

I think I rather enjoy this game. The interface is a mess, especially for deck building, but the simultaneous turns and the board layout redeem those flaws. I wouldn't call it better than something like Magic or Hearthstone, but it's fun learning a different sort of card game. There's more of an emphasis on bluffing and predicting moves here.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 9, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Overseers wouldn't be so obnoxious if flying wasn't so cheap for the faction.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
I rather like this game, the whole combat-zone system makes for wonderful mindgames.

The client is godawful, though. Crashes every three games or so. Makes rift runs... Difficult...

crime weed fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 10, 2014

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Does anyone play this? I thought for some reason it was popular. Anyway, should I wait for an invite code before signing up?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thylacine posted:

Does anyone play this? I thought for some reason it was popular. Anyway, should I wait for an invite code before signing up?

I still play this regularly and never have a hard time finding a match in less than 30 seconds. Don't know about sign up codes though, what do they do? :)

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

I still play this regularly and never have a hard time finding a match in less than 30 seconds. Don't know about sign up codes though, what do they do? :)

That's good. I tried to play MMDOC last night and the timer just went on for awhile until I said gently caress it and uninstalled.

I have no idea what invite codes do, there's just a place for them in the sign up screen.

edit: I think it might've been left over from beta when you needed one to play?

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 18, 2014

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I play a few matches a week. At around 1600 and up in rank it can take two to four minutes to find a match. Normals are mostly instant or very fast. Rift runs are also fast. It might not be the most popular thing around, but it's pretty fun and the regulars keep coming back. The ladder system for the rift shows the top 100 players each week. Unfortunately, the list extends almost down to the bottom to just 3 wins. That means you can estimate there's somewhere between 150-200 active players.

The invite codes seem to just be part of the master/apprentice system now, I think.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 18, 2014

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

There's a new set of cards that will presumably come out at the end of this week, at least that's when the pre-order ends. Expect a little boost in popularity when they hit.

The cards you've pre-ordered will have platinum borders, so time is running out if that's your thing. You can buy them with the regular points you get from playing matches.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

And here I thought there wasn't a loving thread for this poo poo. How is this great card game so unpopular.

For all you shitbirds on the fence about this game there is a new set coming out today and the whole meta is gonna be tossed up into the clouds. Right now is a great time to get in.

Delete Hearthstone and play a real card game you dumb goons.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Delete Hearthstone and play a real card game you dumb goons.

This right here is it. I don't get why there's not more fanfare about this game either.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

And how the gently caress don't we have a trendy one liner at the end of the thread title. This poo poo is amature hour. There is your problems friends. Goons don't respond to threads unless the title is loving witty.

Someone call a mod in and fix that poo poo. Call it "Infinity Wars - Cyber Infested Dragon molests your Defias Brotherhood."

Edit: Does your loving Hearthstone dogshit have one of these?

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 11, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Infinity Wars - Nysrugh the Hungry ate all your zombies

Edit: How about one of these?

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 11, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Infinity Wars - I lost all my morale to a ten year old.

Edit: Welcome to the health bar people forget to monitor.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 11, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Infinity Wars - I died to a Poo Chucker.

Edit: Its real

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 11, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Game is free to play on steam. Download it and do the faction campaigns to get that factions entire starter deck. They literally shower you in free cards.

You can trade unlocked cards, They have a draft mode, Puzzle thing, Cheevos.

loving get in.

My friend Refer code is E113C if you give a gently caress.

Edit: I am gonna be stomping around in this thread all loving day people. Ya feel me?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I like creature cards I can identify with.

Giant chair, giant TV, no obligations. That robot is set for life.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 11, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This is me and Stanley Pain playing the game right now.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Hey, do you have any idea what the reward for being on the top 100 for the ranked ladder before the reset is supposed to be? Some moderator other than that Teremus guy briefly mentioned a reward in the chat. I somehow reached 97 before taking a massive dive, and I'd like to know what sort of fun things I've missed out on.

The thread title should be "Infinity Wars, who noboby likes".

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 11, 2014

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Donnerberg posted:

The thread title should be "Infinity Wars, who noboby likes".

Mods please make it so :D

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=63354.0

quote:

Hi all,

Welcome to all the information about the preOrder! [ha, ha]

PREORDER WILL LAUNCH ON NOVEMBER 21st, 12AM IWT

ORDER WILL LAUNCH ON DECEMBER 12th, 12AM IWT

The hype train is pulling into the station, woo woo!

Important Notes: Order cards will NOT be tournament legal until December 19th, 12AM IWT.

Ranked will be reset with the release of Order.

Similar to the Ascension preorder, the bonuses are split into two categories. The first is based on the size of the pack you buy and the second set of bonuses are related to how many sets are purchased overall.

Yes, all preorders get platinum borders, including the alternate arts [Shiny!]

Purchasing is available with IP or LP, although not both at the same time [You can’t buy a 25 pack with half LP and half IP].

To combine packs [eg 2x 25 packs into a 50 pack, please email marketing@lightmare.com.au to have the packs combined. We will only be taking requests for combining packs until Wednesday the 9th of December.

Purchasing Bonuses:

- Purchasing is not cumulative [for instance buying two 25 packs does not equal a 50 pack].

- Each higher level gets the rewards below it so if you buy a 50 pack you get the Battlefield Deck effect, the Noble Protector Alternate Art, the cardback, and the avatar.

- All purchasing bonuses are not soulbound.

- The alternate cardbacks are all different, no double ups in the rewards :)

- Note: unique items can only be activated once on each account. This includes avatars, cardbacks and the deck effect.

Buy 1 pack: Platinum borders [shiny!]

Buy a 5 pack: Alien Avatar

Buy a 10 pack: Double Gun Cardback and also receive 1 extra copy of all unlocked alternate stretch goal art.

Buy a 25 pack: Alternate art of Noble Protector and also receive 2 extra copies of all unlocked alternate stretch goal art.

Buy a 50 pack: Battlefield Deck Effect and also receive 3 extra copies of all unlocked alternate stretch goal art.

Please note: the new bonuses reflect the highest pack purchased and are not cumulative.

Lightmare acknowledges that there is a tradeoff between buying 2x 25 packs, and buying 1x 50 pack. Purchasing 2x 25 packs will net you more total Alternate Arts, however you will not get the Battlefield Deck Effect. This is entirely up to the player, however it is very important to remember that the alternate art stretch goals are soulbound, so having 6 of them really doesn't do you very much.

Stretch Goal Bonuses

To be valid for these bonuses you need to have purchased at least one pack of Order cards during the presale period. Both IP and LP purchases count towards this.

Stretch goal bonuses are soulbound.

1st milestone: Banish alternate art

2nd milestone: Overseer Avatar

3rd milestone: Stained Glass Cardback

4th milestone: Glorious Warrior alternate art

5th milestone: Redhead Avatar

6th milestone: Black and White Cardback

7th milestone: Alternate Card art drawn by Infinity Wars Lead Designer Ian Underwood. This card is to be voted on by the public and will be released at a later date.

Alt card art vote thread.
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=63367.0

Currently Death ray and Yobo, Who Nobody Likes are going neck and neck for the Alt card art by the Lead Designer who cannot draw.

I really want to see a poorly drawn Yobo.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Card game has everything.

We got Tanks:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got Crazy Robots:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got Zombies:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got Massive Beasts:

Look at that view count. 5772 Goons looked at this thread. loving Travisty.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got insane explosions:

TELL YOUR FRIENDS. TELL YOUR WIFE. TELL YOUR NEIGHBORS. :getin:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got your cultists:

You could be the start of this ground level loving cult. Drink the cool aide with me and we can all proceed to the afterlife that is Infinity Wars the totally cool card game that I want you to play because gently caress.

5789 View count now. IT GROWS. loving LOOK AT MY DICK GOONS. LOOK AT IT.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got your zainy chinamen:

I WANT THIS GAME TO HAVE THE POPULATION OF CHINA. GOOD CARD GAMES LIKE THIS ARE DYING AND I WANT YOU TO PLAY THIS loving GAME.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got your dual pistol Angels:

Even the loving angels have guns. How loving ROCK HARD are you all now? I know my dick knocked down a building an hour ago when I turned to look at the remaining time on the new set launch. THIS ERECTION COULD BE YOURS.

Edit: Taking a break for an hour. Be back soon.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I am back

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Did I mention this game had a Star Trek gimmick expansion?

I think you all need to come to appreciate the effort that is going into this now.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

5908 poo poo goon thread views isn't good enough. I must have more.

:getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This game is loving rad so far.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

This is the best card game, for many reasons. But complex and interesting board states are really not what people want and I worry about the long term fanbase. Infinity Wars threads have been made before.

I hope the phone clients actually get released and the game takes off after the "beta", I might invest more than a token amount.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 11, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am yobo, who no body likes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You know what is a good feature of online card games?

Being able to earn the cards without paying for them and also being able to trade cards.

Come on son.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do any of the cards have mechanics that, for whatever reason, couldn't be duplicated in a real-life version of the game? I always found that sort of thing interesting.

That said, I'd love to play this, but my experience with Hearthstone and MTGO tells me that I am extraordinarily rubbish at building or drafting decks, which is I guess half the drat game. So I might have to pass, unless something here makes deckbuilding conceptually easier. :smith:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Yeah theres a few specific cards that I can't remember annoyingly, on the edge of my memory, but in a more general sense the turns are simultaneous with just the priority changing, that would be really awkward to do IRL.

It's great it allows for a lot of mindgames. Board wipes in particular in this game are a lot more interesting than in Magic even.

• Locked thread