Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm back to playing this. IGN stanleypain.

Spent 11k LP on boosters. Was able to create some fun Exile and Ascension decks. Kinda mad I missed the drat pre-order stuff by like 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man the current "meta" of using Overseers for everything is really starting to be frustrating to me. I really enjoy playing this game with my friends, in which we constantly make gimmicky decks based on whatever rares we just got, but trying to play ranked is an exercise in fighting nothing but endless waves of Overseers, Verore and DoD.

Just a little annoying to fight the same thing over and over, I guess.

I haven't really noticed this. It's definitely a good deck to play in a similar vain to Veroe in that they both can deal with just about anything.

Add stanleypain if you want :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Preview of the upcoming big patch:

code:

Hey guys, here with a quick preview post for you all.

We will be launching a huge patch on Wednesday, and detailed patch notes to match. This is just a little taste of what’s to come.

- New login screen

- New homescreen

- New in-game UI

- New Warpatch campaign

- The deckbuilder has been totally revamped. [Yes, you can now choose which faction multi purity commanders represent.]

- Tons of card bugs have been stamped out. [Yes, Solace’s Gate is fixed]

- In-game bugs have been zapped [I’m looking at you, No Enemy Loaded]

- And a little something for my chaotic fans, an Exiles cardback!

These and loads more will be coming on Wednesday, August 6th. I will post the detailed patch notes then.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Umbreon posted:

Tried this at the recommendation of a friend, it's surprisingly fun.

Why the hell is it so unpopular though?

It's still in beta so the dev hasn't done much from a marketing perspective. There are still some fairly weak aspects of the game with respect to the UI and such.

For me it's hands down the best dTCG out there.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Umbreon posted:

Yeah, I like it way more than Hearthstone. All it needs is some actual combat animations and some more UI polish, and it'll be a real contender to HS no problem.

Yeah, they really, REALLY need to get "UI Person" on their team. At least a quick contract to someone who specializes in UI design to clean it up. The new combat UI is pretty good, but the deck builder went from being bad to :psyduck:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thylacine posted:

Does anyone play this? I thought for some reason it was popular. Anyway, should I wait for an invite code before signing up?

I still play this regularly and never have a hard time finding a match in less than 30 seconds. Don't know about sign up codes though, what do they do? :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Delete Hearthstone and play a real card game you dumb goons.

This right here is it. I don't get why there's not more fanfare about this game either.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Donnerberg posted:

The thread title should be "Infinity Wars, who noboby likes".

Mods please make it so :D

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrBims posted:

I might ask why Data would want to taste a desert, but I think a more pressing question is, why are there Star Trek cards in this?

So you can have an army of Klingon warriors.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Surprising amount of cheating for such a small indie game.

What?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Added Kaz and Knightsoul on steam.

IGM: stanleypain

I have a terrible addiction to this game and lots of cards. If you're just starting out play through all the campaigns and such to get a feel for which "colours" you like. Once you know this I can toss you a bunch of random cards just cuz.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have 99 decks but my dick ain't one.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Save for that very annoying Flame Dawn overseers deck I have been eating you all alive. You all need to embrace the new cards.

Lmao. Get on my level scrub.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

I just got all the way up here. Why in the hell would I climb back down there?

Triple digit rank? Oh snap son. Also, anyone playing double Veroe purity :laugh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

There's a sleeper card called Avaraach has Risen, or something like that, it's a 12 cost card that causes both players graveyards to be put into your support zone. It's amazing to pull off.

Combo it with the book of the dead or whatever it's called :D

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

You need a few things to turn them into power houses.

Yuan shi who for 4 mana can do 4 damage to everyone anywhere and gets exhausted for a turn
The dude that gives 4 health to everyone of your guys for 3 mana and gets exhausted for a turn
And if you can swing it, there is another guy who makes sure your defensive zone cycles and then everyone gets healed for 2 at the very end

Bonus for every chef which heals everything except for their selves for 1.

People have about 4 or 5 turns to kill you before you forget what you are doing and wall up.

Throw in that dude who re-writes history and then press end turn to victory :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The UI is a huge problem still, and the latest round of patches broke a lot of things. Wish they'd just hire a UI/UX person and get it done right. I can already hear Teremus telling me they are but a small dev :xd:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've heard from a few people that the top tier ranked play is favouring Flame Dawn these days, which is why Noble Protector got the big ole nerf. Something else I learned is that the "Last Sleeper" card from this set was indeed the last sleeper card they are making as that faction is being retired.

I recently made a triple purity Genesis artifact deck (Thanks Drinkfist). It's held up pretty drat well so far. Really puts a stop to Verore or Dragon stall decks nicely but has problems with Overseers or fast decks in general unless I get lucky.

Kazvall posted:

This game is solid. Real solid. I am so far up my own rear end with TCG nostalgia feels that I'll never be normal again. If you were on the fence, and have some time during the holidays, check this out.

That card feel is what got me playing and kept me interested. For some reason it's the only dTCG that feels like I'm collecting and trading cards. I know a lot of people forget about that aspect of the game

MrBims posted:

I'm a bit conflicted about this game. Yeah, it doesn't feel horribly pay-to-win like you see with moving up ranks in Hearthstone, but it does feel hard to shift your deck in the directions you want. You get a mass of cards after finishing the tutorials and campaigns, but the commander

Would you consider any other TCG (Physical or Digital) to be pay 2 win? The reason I ask is that one of the main reasons to get into any trading card game is to collect cards (for me at least) andto make decks. By that same logic MtG could be considered P2W.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrBims posted:

I say Hearthstone is pay-to-win because the matchmaking in that game inevitably steers good-but-free players into facing overly efficient and game-changing legendaries like Ragnaros, Sylvanas and Alexstraza every match. Doing your daily quests in that game can get hard unless you tank your rating by losing over and over.

I say Infinity Wars is not pay-to-win from what I've played of it, but the three levels of rares and the importance that cards can have by being commanders makes me feel like getting a specific style of deck I want for free would take months and months.

I agree hearthstone definitely pushes you towards spending money to actually play the game/compete whereas IW seems to push you to buy packs because the cards are fun to collect, look great and hits that collectable bone. I was honestly just curious about the use of the term P2W in a trading card game mostly because that term is throw around very loosely these days as well as IW being one of the only dTCG that feels like a trading card game. Probably hits that old MtG bone too for me :)

Let's say for example that MtG gave you a complete deck or two for free and then you had to buy boosters, would that game be considered P2W? (This isn't directed at anyone in particular).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kazvall posted:

Does morale loss after having no cards left to draw not take effect if you are at 10 or less morale? Just had a campaign match where I was at 1 morale with no cards to draw for like 10 turns.

Things in the campaign act wonky from what I've noticed.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

We got a group that plays in mumble that barely even trades cards.

We just hand people everything we don't want.

Basically, :homebrew:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lprsti99 posted:

Haven't played this in a few months, gonna have to break it out again :getin:. Any updates on the mobile clients?

They want the desktop client to be in as bug free of a state as they can before they go and tackle the mobile side of things. I'd love this on Android :allears:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Megasabin posted:

So how often does this game get patched? I'm really only interested in rift runs, and it sounds like the reward system for that mode is broken right now?

Big patches are usually everyone couple of months, followed by a bunch of quick hotfixes.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You have a sickness and the only cure is more cards :p

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Looks like shoving this game down your throats is paying off.

gently caress Hearthstone. gently caress Blizzard.

I as well am excited to see more peeps playing this.

Add stanleypain in game and on steam. If you fancy a game just ask. I'm also usually hanging out on CTS in the cool kids bad game crew zone.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Donnerberg posted:

I haven't faced it, but it looks like it's vulnerable to transformation effects and things that remove cards from play. If you're pure GI, I think your only options are holding him off with anomalies and mass shifts, stealing him with Zuza or removing him from the game with the calamity or an ethereal fusion.

Something like Humble or whatever the name of that card is that basically wipes the text on the card + assassinate, or Siren to take control of it yourself :D

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Drinkfist is mad. Yes. :xd:

I get what he's saying though. You expect the player to do something based on the deck but they're a new player so they do something so very unintuitive it fucks with your game flow.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

I just beat someone in ranked with a deck made up of 40 Genesis Drones and 3 Infested Scavengers as commander. For my next trick it will be 40 One of many and 3 Brings life by passing as commander.

Wouldn't it be funny if that Flame Dawn card Purity or whatever it's called removed UNLIMITED cards as well :derp:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Still the best Online Card game in the market.

I need to pay for a banner ad because my hatred of Blizzard knows no bounds. gently caress Hearthstone. Those people don't know what good card games are. Collecting, Building, Testing, Building, Playing original decks.

When you are limited to about 10 decks that you can make that work then you don't have a card game.

We need to play this some more, and soon. Probably before you get unprobated :laugh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You only should by a premade deck if there are a number of cards you want from it since the cards you get from that are static.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the game throws a lot of cards at you for not a lot of time investment. More than enough to see if you want to collect more cards or not :)

Drink, we need to play some cards again soon when we're done playing other bad games.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elblanco posted:

So I can't seem to find it anywhere, so how do I play this on my android tablet?

You don't.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's the most Infinity Wars.JPG I've seen.

That or showing someone with -350 health.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skyl3lazer posted:

There's a bunch of double/triple xp/points days coming up apparently, starting today.

Just got an email from them today about that. Didn't know another expansion was coming out. Will have to throw some money at that ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

snergle posted:

would anyone be willing to let me have 2 infested abominations and a shieldbearer and an infested hero? I've been doing the pauper week tourney and its a ton of fun but the meta is all agro all the time and I think I have an idea for a slower more control oriented deck that can beat my record of 3-3. My ign is claptrapbeatboxtime.

http://challonge.com/IwPauperWeek6 if you are interested in doing the pauper league. it starts at 6pm est but you have to check in before that on challonge. its a 6 round swiss and its fun even if you are just bracket filler like me.

http://www.infiniteonlinetrade.com

I've grabbed stuff from them before and it's probably way cheaper than trying your luck with boosters.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think I remember why I stopped playing now. There's still way too many weird interactions with cards. Just lost a rift run because primal rage wouldn't let the character survive from a number of different effects (including direct damage abilities). Still ended up getting a 50 pack pre order in because I have an addiction to TCGs ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

snergle posted:

Most card shops dont deal in non premium commons / uncommons from what I can tell.

Yea this game has some off beat interactions but once you learn them it gets a bit easier. Primal rage only stops one death although I think the language on it is vague and makes it sound like its unkillable. It also only applies to that turn. I also think it doesn't stop combat damage so if you send it against something that can kill it it still dies.

Pretty sure the card shop had at least 2 of the cards you're looking for AND the guys says if you want some common/uncommon cards to email him for details ;).

Primal rage has certainly stopped a) combat damage b) insta kill effects before, it's just very inconsistent on how it chooses to do so and for which kill effects it works with and the order of said effects ;p

• Locked thread