Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Gonna roll up Zephyr. Will be on Tuesday night to start building affection with people, but can't be on during the day. Tuesday and Wednesday are my office days. Here's my needlessly long writeup on Splendor and Infinity that got deleted from the OP for the sake of brevity.

Splendor

Splendor are the renamed version of the Qi sect of the Mount Hua Sword Sect from the Smiling Proud Wanderer. They're focused on high burst damage, high mobility, and high sustained DPS. They are an Exo school with a primary damage focus on ice, and a secondary on fire. Their weapon is the straight sword, the classic long thin Chinese blade.

I won't go into too much detail about their sets. First set has a gap closer, a medium range sword sword laser, and a defense debuffing attack. Second has their acupuncture, as well as two different grab abilities. Third set adds pretty much all of their ranged stuff, making them much more useful in PvE. Don't judge the school until you at least get their third set.

1v1 PVP

1v1 PVP is where Splendor seems to shine. Their acupuncture ability comes out very quickly, and they have two enemy targeted gap closers, and one area target gap closer to pick from. Not only that, but they have quite a few different air skills, which allows them to jump cancel and counter many of the other more annoying 1v1 classes like Harmony and Sun Moon by staying in the skies. The real annoying thing about them though is their two grab skills, Hostile Grab, and Down and Die. They both have quite a long range, and Down and Die can be used in the air. You drop from the sky and stab somebody in the head. The long range on them, as well as their ability to interrupt most other abilities allows Splendor to be REALLY loving annoying for people to fight. Expect lots of cursing as their abilities go on cooldown and do jack poo poo because you grabbed them and stabbed them in the nuts.

The best combo I could find at level 40 is: Nodelock - Lower Cripple - Black Hole - Phoenix Prey - Hostile Grab - Down and Die. The only part that's iffy to hit is the Down and Die after the Hostile Grab, but it's pretty easy to hit if they recover and you get used to the timing. It will connect on the last part of their recovery animation.

Group/world PvP

Splendor aren't quite as good here. Their lack of a pull or any really easy to hit snare or root means people will be able to run from you quite easily. You can contribute in group PvP situations, but you will need to use a different skill bar than the one you use for 1v1 PvP. There are a variety of AOE abilities, and an AOE skillshot short term snare skill you can use. You rely on your mobility though, and don't want to get bogged down in the thick of the action. Pick targets on the outskirts and try to hold them in place with grabs, or just spam AOE abilities into the masses and try not to get pulled into the middle.

PvE

Splendor DPS is pretty great, but once again you need to have a bar for single target skills and a second bar for AOEs. Splendor doesn't have great defense or any sort of heal, so you will need to focus on dodging, staying mobile, keeping range, and trying not to tank. You're a high mobility glass cannon. In solo PvE, use your AOE ranged abilities to try to deal as much damage as you can before the enemy gets close.

Summary

Play Splendor if you want a high mobility, high damage class that can deal it out AOE or Single target from Range or Melee. To play a Splendor you have to be able to move fast, learn how to efficiently manage your stamina for using flight skills and dodges, and get good at aiming your skillshots and predicting the enemy cooldowns so you know when to hit, and when to run. Do not play Splendor if you want to play a sect that provides any support buffs, any area denial, or can tank for any real period of time.

Infinity

Infinity are a sect of Buddhist nuns/monks who focus on channeling mystical energies rather than honing their physical bodies like the Shaolin do. They are focused on counter attacking, ranged attacks, and a little bit of healing. They are an Endo school with their primary damage focus on fire. Their weapon is "Twin daggers", which in practice actually look like a pair of nasty looking flanged maces. With this sect you REALLY need to get them to 40 to see how they play. Their secondary set has all of their counter attack effects, but their 4th set adds a grab, some AOE attacks, and a gap closer. Their counter attack abilities all become relatively low cooldown ranged poke abilities if you just tap them rather than charging them, so you can poke people who don't want to engage, and punish those who do.

1v1 PvP

In my experience, Infinity aren't the greatest in 1v1 PvP. They have several attacks where if an enemy attacks you while they are charging they will teleport to them and either acupuncture them or knock them prone. This sounds great, except the animations for them are very obvious and they don't START charging up until you hold the attack button for about half a second, making them too slow to be used reactively. You need to predict your opponent, and if you predict wrong you will get punished. Not only that, but if you DO manage to catch them the Infinity damage combo isn't really punishing enough for the effort involved. Still, they are the only sect with TWO acupuncture skills, allowing you to lock a person down for quite some time if you wish. A lot of their damage comes from chaining together abilities, and you just don't have enough slots at level 40 to use as many as you need. If you can learn to anticipate your enemies AND level them high enough to use all 8 of your skills I can see them potentially being much stronger in 1v1 PvP. I just couldn't really do that in the brief closed Beta period.

Group/World PvP

In terms of chasing, Infinity are not the greatest. Once again they have no pull or hard CC beyond their acupuncture skills. What makes them really dangerous is their counters in Group PvP. If you are fighting in a group, there's a very high chance SOMEBODY will hit you and trigger the counter. Usually this will trigger some AOE ability, but in some cases it can trigger a single target ability. Thing is, the counter-activated ability doesn't target the person who hits you, but the person you have targeted. This means you can target a guy far away, get hit by a guy in your face, and you will teleport to the distant target and knock them down. It opens a ton of strategic possibilities and makes for some very fun gameplay. Not only that, but a lot of your abilities are AOE ranged abilities and you have pretty good defense, so you can mix it up for a bit. If you get overwhelmed, you have a great gap closer/escape ability that lets you double dash, and a heal with an HoT component that you can pop to keep yourself and your allies going. Basically, Infinity seems to really shine in group PvP situations.

PvE

World PvE is pretty easymode. The counters and dumb enemy AI to constantly trigger them makes for some of the fastest grinding you can ask for. I set the character to self-cultivate and it murdered through everything while barely taking any damage. I chugged probably 1/4 of the potions I had to for my Splendor to stay going, and I didn't even have the heal abiility on my bar. Instance and Group PvE however is rather week. Infinity are good at burst damage, but not great at sustained DPS. I felt more useful in group PvE acting as a healbot with the occasional bit of ranged DPS contributing.

Summary

Play Infinity if you like the idea of a challenging and complex class with the ability to play mindgames with your opponents. Their focus on counter mechanics means you can really psyche people out. You have fantastic versatility, and can really mix it up well in group PvP with your AOE counter abilities doing AOE knockups, knockdowns, and even acupunctures. Unfortunately, your burst damage against single targets isn't great, and your sustained DPS for PvE will be lacking. They're still a fun sect however, and I can see a lot of potential in them once we reach the higher levels of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Estraysian posted:

I'll probably be playing this a bit because it's new and isn't run by Snail but the combat honestly isn't nearly as good as in Wushu/Wulin.

People keep saying this and I kinda disagree. Yes you don't have the ability to jump across the clouds for 20 minutes while you twist between sets, BUT I enjoy Swordsman's combat a lot more. It just seems more fair and tactical. The cooldown between switching sets is so long that you're probably going to have to use whatever skill bar you set up. The game is FAR less ping dependent, and you have to actually AIM a lot more skills. You can't faceroll your way to victory. There is a LOT less RNG in terms of skill interrupts and disrupts, procs, and stuff like that. It's more competitive, less LOLRANDUM.

Before I took a break from Wushu, I was easily one of the top 10 PvPers on Blue Dragon. I could NEVER crack the top because people with low ping would crush me. Had nothing to do with ancient sets or skills, and everything to do with the fact that I literally could not charge them without eating a full combo in response. Swordsman doesn't have that. So yes the combat is slower than Wushu's combat, but I believe that isn't a bad thing.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

All things considered the combat in wushu right now is absolute rear end because of cash shop sets (that cost 30 bucks) and ancient sets (that cost a whole lot more). It used to be much better in beta when it was just school styles and barely anyone had ancient sets. But now guild wars are basically "Get sucked into someone elses tai chi fist because of yuangyan and if you happen to survive get knocked down by someone elses nine palaces, repeat till dead". 1v1s revolve around who has the lower ping and the fattest wallet.

You can beat wallet in Wushu. I do it frequently, mostly because Beggar 4th inner is OP. You can't beat ping though. It's a wall you literally cannot get over. If their ping is better than yours by enough then when you charge them they can full combo you back even if you hold down parry. If by some miracle you do connect with a feint or something, they can get their parry up between charges forcing you to almost always feed them rage. It's impossible to deal with, and it's entirely a technical issue with the game so it will never get fixed. When you get near the top of the game it's incredibly frustrating to realize this and know there are people you will NEVER beat in 1v1 no matter how hard you try.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Killsion posted:

Can you describe what happens in this fight? Watching this the poison AOE seems crazy powerful when the target is stunned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIKVw7_kxWc

They are. Forer just didn't know how to into 5venoms. Their big flaw is the same as Sun Moon where their pull can be tricky to land, but if they land it you are hosed. That player was also playing like poo poo by standing on the ground so much against a Harmony.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 28, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

skystream92 posted:

How is Zephyr in PvP? Been thinking about rolling that.

From what I have seen, really good. Their acupuncture skill they get at 40 is on par with Harmony in terms of ease of landing, AND it can hit jumping targets. Only problem is it can be blocked, but people don't block much anyways.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Archonex posted:

It sounds as insane as Wushu's crafting, but without the hassle of desperately trying to find/buy the ingredients for a pair of pants as fifty goons shriek in your ears about their lower bodies being nude. That's perfect. :allears:

There's no loving workbenches. I cannot stress enough how much better this makes everything. Also there's no REs, and as far as we know all the ingredients to make things are ACTUALLY in the game.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 29, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Forer posted:

I think that was bio, I just did what everyone else did and turned into a fat man who juggled and stole money from NPC.

It was me you heathens. I posted pics of it in the Wushu thread.

If we roll up on US East, I'd like us to not necessarily start all guild events at 7:00 PM EST. That's like, 4:00 PM PST, which fucks over our west coasties. I'd say we start more at 8:00 PM EST or maybe even later if we only have one event to do. Something to consider once we start rolling in events.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 30, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Forer posted:

Oh right, Something that I didn't think was said yet for anyone who didn't play.

This is stupid, because when you're actually in the game, in the top right is your quest log.

If you have a quest "Talk to Jimbob Jones" You can click the name and it'll path you to the person. The game has a free world teleporter in every single zone and it'll take the smart route TO the postman, then to the zone you need to be in where jimbob jones is in, then it'll automatically talk to him and wait for you to press a button to complete the quest.

If you need to kill mobs for a quest it will say "Kill Ornery Emu 0/10" and you will autopath to the enemy and automatically attack it.

If you need to grab stuff for a quest, it will say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5" and if dongcopters are something on the map that you can just pick up, it'll automatically path to them and start to pick them up. If Dongcopters drop from an enemy it will actually say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5 from Pissed Off Jellyfish" and you can just click the jellyfish portion to path & kill. If it's something that drops from more than one enemy like Snokeweed it'll bring up a help box that lists the mobs that drop snokeweed and where they are, all clickable so you can just path & kill.

Quests are REALLY easy to do and REALLY mindnumbingly simple. Press the underlined thing, go read SA, wait till you get to the zone, kill some dudes, press the underlined thing to go back to the quest giver, read SA some more, hand in the quest.

You also get a LOT of quests in one area available to you at one time, so you can go to collect snokeweed AND crocodile teeth at the same time, and then after that take a five second trip over to grab tassels off of some dudes hat and then go take another five second trip to get broken swords from a dude, and take one big trip back to where all the quest collectors are.

it's also why it really sucks that at level 39 all the quests dry up and you need to start doing OTHER things (Bamboo dreams event, Self-Cultivation the botting thing) but I guess they have to make sure you do them somehow. After 40 also the quests start having harsher requirements "Hey you need to be level 45 (For this quest you CAN do right now at 40 but shut up and grind)" but I can't say too much about them past 45

There's a content gap from midway through 38-40. Once you hit 40 you get the repeatably "Wonderous World" quests from the hobo, and the daily bounty board as well as bamboo forest, guild stuff, and other dailies. Basically if you get over the 38-40 hump it becomes a bit easier to find what to do, but you DO need to deviate from the storyline quests.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Forer posted:

Oh right, I completely forgot about hoboquests, which had some of my favorite ones.

"Go turn this stove on for this person"

Oh I'm not going to say they aren't boring as gently caress and repetitive. You can just autopilot them though and they're extremely short.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Delerion posted:

This would be a problem to europeans too, since 7pm est is 2am here in gmt+3, going much later would bring up the AoW problem again where it's not feasible to attend guild events at all(its already pretty bad)

Well 7:00 PM EST is the earliest we can do guild stuff.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

aleksendr posted:

Genttly caress artificial rarity as a way to boost sales. I will see you on real OB opening then.

Edit - From the facebook we should have untill 11:59 PDT tonight. Also i'm apparently not the only one unable to get in to buy the packs.

Double edit. Gently caress facebook timestamp. i missed the buy date. See you on thursday.

You know that the not logged in filter is what changes "gently caress" to "Gently Caress" right? You can type gently caress. It isn't like an SA me me where you type that.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Hey haro

Go gently caress your self

Only if you'll walk me through how to on mumble senpai.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Ok Claymore it is. Hopefully I can talk to blood of evil and see if they are playing with us.

Ecccck I am not liking this number of servers. Merges are always painful and I think they may be overextending their reach.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Everybody wanting to roll Zephyr is really killing my special snowflake sensibilities. I may have to make something else now...like a Shaolin or something. :saddowns:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

aleksendr posted:

No love for the Condor heroes ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklk1Eb8kvw&list=PL8811938111551AC6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4l54rlQxFM&list=PLCCFC7D390E389C90

there are so many version of this tale you feel its like the Chinese version of american 7:00 pm sitcoms.

Every bit of the lore in this game is based on "Condor Heroes" and "Smiling Proud Wanderer". Mostly "Smiling Proud Wanderer". The intro cinematic has Dongfang Bubai and Ren Woxing fighting, and the first NPC who helps you out is Linghu Chong, although they spell his name wrong.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Saradiart posted:

It's saying Claymore is down for me.

Submit a ticket. It's not just you.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

welp officially after launch time and still can't get in. :china:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Shadowlz posted:

I just want to play this dumb chinagame!

Hopefully they throw a bone to the people who got effed. If not, welp.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

angerbot posted:

While I'm not like, pleased about not being able to get in, the sheer amount of pubbie rage on the forums is endlessly entertaining.

If a lot of people initiate Paypal chargebacks over this though, I can see some problems arising there.

Since part of what they sold was early access, if they don't deliver it will a chargeback be valid?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hal_2005 posted:

You will spend so much time grinding, it may very well make you the thin skinny mandingo you always wanted to be, but never could, for the Project Runway "geek" edition.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

It's basically Smiling Proud Wanderer fanfic.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

KildarX posted:

I'm more awed by the fact his name is The Undefeatable East.

Some of these cut scenes have out China gamed wu Shu. In one I saw a lich explode himself to try and kill me. In another a lady picked me up and flew off with an umbrella.

"Dongfang is the leader of the Sun Moon Holy Cult (日月神教). He castrated himself to learn the skills in the Sunflower Manual and becomes a formidable martial artist. His castration and supreme prowess in martial arts make him one of the most memorable and classic characters in Jin Yong's wuxia universe, and his name has become synonymous with homosexuality and sexual perversion in Chinese popular culture"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfang_Bubai

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

aleksendr posted:

And here i am, still unable to pick on a friggin main school to join. Now working on Emei and Zephyr.

So far research (1-20) show that splendor and sun and moon play very similar. S&M (hue hue hue) showing a little more utility and survival while splendor having more damage.

There is something pleasantly simple and elegant in Splendor skill set. You activate the skill, put the pointy end in the opponent and it die in a few moves, repeat as necessary. Quite different from Harmony having to manage charging time and keyboard mashing or 5venoms dozen of multihit for small damage skills.

I see very few Infinity players around. From the write up they seem rather hard to play, especially in PVP but does anyone care to supply more info about them ? I have yet to create a 4th account to try them out and maybe i could save myself the trouble if most agree they are sub-par.

Infinity seemed pretty drat good when I played them, you just need to have good fast decision making because their powerful abilities are tradeoffs. You need to decide if you're going to tap the button and do ranged damage with a low cooldown, or hold the button hoping your opponent hits you to set up a counter attack. If they don't hit you however, you just do the ranged attack but with something like a 30 second cooldown. You do have to get them to 40 to see them be really playable in 1v1 situations. They don't get a grab, acupuncture that isn't a counter, or any gap closer until 40. Their biggest issue is just straight up damage. Their burst is significantly less than Harmony, Sun Moon, or Splendor, which can suck because you want it to be more rewarding when you trick somebody into hitting your counter attack.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Infinity performs very well in arena 1v1 pvp. From what I have seen they seem to focus on a array of counter skills that trigger when being attacked as well as some good cc. Some goons are rerolling away from Infinity because they disliked how they performed in group pvp (This is just demographics and should not reflect what you people like and dislike or how good you jerks are at your class).

On that note I will be attempting to get a guild war Show of Force event in every day so people can get the hang of how to perform in group combat guild vs guild pvp. From what it looks like the big group pvp school is shaolin along with some great effects from ranged schools like Zypher, Tong, Wu Tang and Emei for Damage Aoe and Aoe CC effects with drop heals that are quite useful from Five Venoms and aoe heals from Zypher and Emei.

I have yet to hear about performance in large group combat from Harmony, Splendor, Infinity, and Sun and Moon. Each school seems to favor different playstyles in pvp so in the case of the ones I just listed they are normally regarded as great 1v1 pvp schools but as I have said I am waiting to hear back from players of those schools as to how they feel about their school's function in guild pvp.

The few guild wars we have particpated in we are seeing a normal trend in zerg attacks with large scale aoe CC effects. The prime issue right now with CC effects is that in the closed beta there was a utility skill given to all schools that used focus to break CC effects and give CC immunity for a small timeframe. When this comes back or if this comes back it will change a great deal of the current state of affairs in pvp combat. The CC effects right now can cause a 100% lockdown on a player in group pvp combat.

Also some more loving around with guild wars needs to be done because as it stands a attacker can only bring a set amount of players in with a handful of players sneaked in where as the defenders appear to have their whole guild allowed to defend. 100+ vs 36(ish) is a loving shooting gallery.

Zephyrs in group PvP is kinda weird. You expect looking at the class that they'll be very ranged since the first and second set have ranged spams, but there are actually a limited number of ranged damaging abilities. They're more Musclewizards than actual wizards, since most of their stuff is medium and short ranged fire kicks and fan slaps. This is problematic because our defense isn't great. What they CAN provide is...

1) A ranged AOE freeze with a short delay when they set it down. Frost Trap. Makes enemies frozen. Pretty neato.
2) Heals. When you see a Zephyr dancing, if you need HP stand near them and enjoy the forbidden dance. It will heal you.
3) A ranged AOE damaging root. The hailstorm. The biggest problem is it's channeled, so people will see you doing it and focus fire you.
4) A ranged damaging skill that pushes people away from it. Very long range, decent for sniping and shoving Wudang out of their loving circles.
5) A ranged damage and snare. Pierces and is also pretty long range.

That's about it. We can provide some ranged control, and healing, but our ranged damage isn't great. Most of our real damaging abilities are close range, so we can use that in small group PvP but going balls deep in guild wars is going to result in a dead fan man.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Since it apparently needs to be said here, please don't gently caress with ZhouDynasty if you can avoid it. They hate Brotherhood/United and are willing to work with us on murdering them.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Fierce Loyalty Robes. Mask is cash shop, but matches so perfectly I'm going to try to keep these as much as I can.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

angerbot posted:

"Look, we'll pay for your costmetic items, just don't make them $600"

Well the outfit comes from the gem and silver exchange daily. So it's basically a free login reward.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Liberatore posted:

So I'd like to clarify something. Harmony is one of the least played classes in the guild and it's believed that this is attributed to the perception that they are easily defeated by staying in the air. This couldn't be further from the truth.

Yes, the main acupuncture skill for Harmony (Harmony gets two acupuncture skills!) will indeed whiff if you try to use it against a mid-air target. However, keep in mind we're talking about a fully targeted, medium range, incredibly fast acupuncture skill. Also, Harmony gets a charge skill that will momentarily root your target, in addition to breaking their block; It will hit mid-air targets, and if you root them mid-air, the acupuncture will work against them. It's also fully targeted and has a very long range. Missing the acupuncture usually happens only against opponents who won't leave you time to charge (.55 seconds)... the charge, which is something you can control yourself.

Nevermind that skills that can be used in the air are few and far between. The Harmony's acupuncture skill's speed and ease of application means you can frequently take opportunities to interrupt an opponent mid-animation with it.

So now that's clarified, let's look at the other acupuncture skills in the game. Keep in mind that I haven't actually used most of these in PvP and I don't know if any classes other than Harmony get two acupuncture skills.

• E'mei: A 'skill shot' charge. It's basically the Harmony acupuncture except you actually have to aim it, and thus it's much harder to hit, with the only advantage being that it can hit mid-air targets if they're close enough to the ground.
  • Wu-Tang: One of the better acupuncture skills, it's a large ranged ground targeted AoE. The drawback is that Wu-Tang are probably the class that can least capitalize from an acupunctured target.
  • Shaolin: It's melee. Difficult to hit against a skilled opponent, but Shaolin have one of the best setups for acupuncture. Getting one off will devastate your opponent.
  • Splendor: Also melee. Even worse range than Shaolin. Probably the most difficult to hit; in most videos I've seen, skilled Splendors will try to animation cancel one of their charges (which goes through enemies and applies 'attached' over multiple hits) into it. I can't do it with my latency, but in prolonged fights I usually manage to get an opportunity to get it off anyway. Once it works, if you can pull off a good combo, it's easily up there with the Shaolin setup.
  • Tong: It's a mine. Difficult to actually make people step on it, but its unique mechanic gives it a variety of applications.
  • Zephyr: I think it's melee and also difficult to hit, but someone will have to clarify me on this one.

I have no idea how the Infinity, 5 venoms and Sun and Moon acupuncture skills work. Nobody plays Infinity, I haven't fought a 5 venoms yet and whatever HyC was doing to absolutely destroy me with Sun and Moon, the acupuncture skill wasn't important.

Edit: Also, the Harmony's acupuncture skill counts as a grab, so it can't be countered (e.g. by a Wu-Tang or Infinity).

I got some stuff wrong in my old post about classes 1v1 ability. Emei are far stronger than I have them credit for. I still stand by Harmony being the best 1v1 school though. Their single target burst damage and that acupuncture are amazing.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

FebrezeNinja posted:

Only the last hit of that move puncs, so it's useless against people who can move. Try it immediately after a powerbomb.

Use it after a pull.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Kegslayer posted:

Got two questions.

1) Is there anyway to complete those artefact quests in the guild base?

2) How are you suppose to level from 40 onwards? Is it just grinding/botting mobs?

In addition to the stuff Grithok mentioned, do guild cart raids. Shoot for doing purples as much as possible. The xp rewards are huge for those.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Lorem ipsum posted:

Ok I have a lot more questions about this game.

Is there some list of what all the effects actually do? I know acupunctures immobilize people and I know they make other skills do more damage on an acupunctured target, but I don't know what keywords to look for for this. Flaw-exposed?

I also notice that if I grab someone and throw them and cast one of my line attacks (sword blast) while they are midair, the attack usually shows as dodged if it hits them while they are knocked down on the ground. What kind of attacks work well on knocked down opponents? Can I acupuncture them (it is hard to test using nodelock)? Is there a good place I can go to test the damage of moves? Mobs die too fast to be useful.

There are a ton of effects and no real documentation. Best thing to do is experiment. We do fight clubs almost every night, so get in on those.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Orv posted:

Stop posting opinions on classes when you only have the first set. :argh:

For real at least get a class to 40. It takes literally 2 days.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

In 2 days Zhou will discuss getting us into their alliance. Hopefully that stops people from being tards.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress No. I play this game to Fight not to Rule. There will be only war for the lot of us.

I like winning fights, and we have plenty of targets. So far these guys are pretty bro with us. As totally sweet as your edgy blood for the blood god stance is, Zhou seem pretty okay and there's no reason we can't ally with them to stomp a mudhole in everybody else.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Dirk the Average posted:

Does fight clubbing satisfy the whole participate in arena for kung fu pills thing?

Yup

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress Zhou I say we either go with United or BloodofEvil or better yet make our own alliance with Blackjack and Hookers.

I got a list of reasons for this.

1. I don't like this guy
2. I have a tiny penis and an inferiority complex
3. Seriously I have an inferiority complex
3a. Like it's really bad
4. Like, let me tell you how bad it is
5. I'm mad they kill me over and over now too
6. Zhou said Whoopy wasn't that pretty.

See totally Petty Bullshit. Completely retarded reasons.

Oh yeah and I don't want Haro to be right.

Seems legit.

United and Brotherhood already hate us, as well as all their allies like Hokage, Allegiance, etc etc. We are not going to change that since that hate runs deep from Wushu and other poo poo. Zhou and their allies are the other big power block, and they primarily just hate you because you're being a cockbag. Sorry they hurt your feelings but you earned it. We are allied with BloodofEvil, and have been since the start.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 12, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Since you're apparently a loving idiot, let me spell it out.

We do not have the power to do what you want to do. BloodofEvil + Goons are not strong enough to go up against Zhou and friends AND United and friends AND every other little lovely guild on the server we're already pissing off. I'm not saying we suck everybody's dick. I'm saying we buddy up with Zhou and friends, and still murder the gently caress out of United and friends and every other little lovely guild. It seems the majority of the guild agrees with me, with a few people saying they think we should gently caress with Zhou because they think it's funny.

Bottom line is I honestly don't give a poo poo overall. I've explained the situation, and if the majority of Goons manage to piss off Zhou enough that we get our poo poo pushed in on a daily basis I've made enough friends that I don't personally need to worry about it. The only thing they're doing is hurting the guild as a whole in the long run. I'm right there with Grithok that if they start stealing all our artifacts and poo poo I'll be in line to hand them to them.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

BERGfu posted:

Haro should I make you a heman one?

Edit: I need to find a good quote somewhere, the junkyard one is pretty solid

Only if I get to be prince Adam with the gayest rainbow background you can find

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

At what point in time did I say we were gonna gently caress with United? When did United say that hated us? Hate is a strong word bro. Yo man I was talking to United yesterday and they agree that Haro is a butt. We became super butt bros.

Let me tally up all the wars declared on us so far. Including the fact that our first two wars was with United and Diety day 1. """The big scary monsters""".

Zero.

I am loving shaking in my child sized boots.

United are the original members of VietUnited from Wushu is what I've been told. They loving hate Goons, and HAVE been killing our non-rednamed members in the field. Nobody's declaring wars right now because wars are pointlessly stupid. They're leveling up their members and pretty effectively out-leveling us by controlling the dungeons for XP grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

BERGfu posted:

Anyone up for grinding the poo poo out of instances to get some set gear?

I'm down when I'm available to do the 55+ stuff.

• Locked thread