Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i can't fault dolce for self promoting or making money but every time he opens his mouth he sounds like the most full of poo poo man alive, and i've been exposed to the sonnen/wand/vitor three way for weeks

He's MMA's doctor Oz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

TheReverend posted:

I read one of his books and it was awful.
No real "here's what you need to eat and why" just a "here's what I like to eat".

A good nutrition book should explain not only what to eat but how much to eat and how to calculate everything.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Feed-Zone-Cookbook-Flavorful/dp/1934030767

I realize you weren't exactly looking for recommendations, but I like this enough to suggest it unprompted. It is not designed for cutting weight (well, not really; it does discuss cyclists getting down to racing weight), but Allen Lim is a good dude and everything in there tastes good.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Parillo digs that grave some more

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/8/5881813/jason-parillo-never-in-a-million-years-would-i-have-developed-b-j

Change a whole style around? That's not going to happen

uh

Edit: LOL and in another part of the interview he said he told Penn this new style was dumb while they were on TUF 19 and he didn't get invited to the training camp because it might strain their friendship. Yeah right. All in all he blames the entire thing on BJ getting what BJ wants so maybe he's right but him and everyone around him are still dumbshit idiots letting BJ Diva his way into a nationally televised rear end beating.

There has been long-running animosity between Jason and BJs guys in Hawaii, precisely because Jason tended to tell the Hawaii guys that they were bad trainers and letting BJ do whatever he wanted for 10% of a purse was not actually training somebody. And trying to depart from what someone has been doing for an entire training camp in the last week is, in fact, a bad idea. Parillo probably should have stayed away from the whole shitshow but I don't see anything particularly ridiculous in that interview.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm just saying if he thinks changing his boxing style after X weeks is bad, why isn't changing it after X years even worse? But yeah I agree the best course of action here isn't to jump on the train right before it hits a curve doing 300.

I think Jason was saying that after 2 years of BJ doing this under the totally useful tutelage of team Hawaii:

david carmichael posted:

ok. so you are getting tuckered out from your current fighting style. we are going to completely retool your game to avoid having that happen. what we are going to do is: make you stop trying.

Jason wasn't going to come in during the last week and try to change everything around. Which is reasonable. What is not reasonable is BJ's decision not to bend his legs, ever.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

david carmichael posted:

without watching the fight i would say that bj not being able to get up was a combination of frankie being able to get deeper on his shots and land in a better position for top control, improved top control from frankie, and bj not wanting to tucker himself out.

It is very difficult to effectively use your guard when bending your legs is forbidden.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Pure bullshit that Dana didn't sign Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia to get his face pounded in in what I think is his homestate but don't care enough to actually look up

Homestate of the Maine-iac is Maine.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bubba Smith posted:

gently caress. I think that means the winner of Pickett/McCall will get the shot with the winner of Formiga/Makovsky as second possibility, but McCall and Pickett are more known and have history with Mighty Mouse.

Ian should probably have to fight at least one more time after Pickett before getting another shot at the mouse. A rematch with Formiga would at least have the rematch angle (assuming he actually beats Pickett).

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Seeing McCall have a hosed up training camp and poo poo the bed in a big way is never going to be surprising.

This is correct, doubly so because Colin Oyama is a useless fat poo poo, but he claims to be waking up at 140 and looks extremely fit. Claims camp is going well. Heroin free, I'm told.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Anecdotally, I've been told repeatedly that EPO is very popular in the UFC ranks. If so, everybody's S&C coaches should probably start paying more attention to cycling.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Yeah, but it's a golden age for the EPO business. One that will never end.

The biological passport seems somewhat effective.

E: it's also worth pointing out the unbelievable stupidity of taking EPO and cutting weight.

Gregor Samsa fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 10, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bubba Smith posted:

That should alarm other title challengers and main eventers because if UFC was willing to spend $40,000 drug test on a PPV that grossed maybe twice that, then they'll be willing to drug test bigger fights.

According to Ian, they have said they're going to start doing this to literally everybody. All 300-ish fighters or whatever.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bubba Smith posted:

:stare:
A guy will make $8,000 to show, gives all of it to his gym + taxes, gets kicked in the balls, and then he will be banned from UFC forever. I like this new UFC future

The new NSAC thread title might be sticking around for a while.

e: I should add that Ian is not a maximally reliable source of information but he seemed serious about this.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Interesting choice. Good to see Lytle getting paid now that he's retired.

Lytle made a run for state legislator or congressman or something a few years back, so he may have some speaking skills.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sherk all responsibility and go to the Pettis zoo

You can visit the GOAT Penn while there.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Agent Tough Juice posted:

In retrospect, it makes perfect sense that liver shots are his weakness.

I think that is Hendo

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Grifter posted:

God drat, the trips that Brown hits near the end of the first (especially the first one) can only be described as contemptuous. He easily tosses Silva to the ground and then immediately follows it up by not giving a gently caress.

If you watch a decent amount of Muay Thai, this is how throws out of the clinch often play out, and that trip is very much one of those (except foot sweeps like that are technically not kosher in MT).

e: for your not-giving-a-gently caress pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqCPn4-eB5A

Gregor Samsa fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 21, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

david carmichael posted:

overeem gassed when he was much smaller and lighter. we shall have to see about this.

When he was cutting to LHW or after he moved to heavyweight but before he started horseracing?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Last I checked Kogan only manages Nate, not Nick. Nick was initally being repped by Cesar, and then by his lawyer, whose name I do not recall.

Leonard J Crabs, esq

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

-Atom- posted:

Throwing in the towel in MMA is a foul and isn't viewed the same way as it is in boxing. The only way a fighter's corner can facilitate the fight to be stopped is to get a hold of the inspector who will then signal the ref who then knows to stop the fight.

It is a foul that leads to disqualification, i.e. serves the intended purpose.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Of all the men in the UFC, I would have been willing to bet a lot of money that Matt Brown was about the last who would demand that his rear end in a top hat be pampered.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Airplane water.

e: also, this:

209 motherfucker posted:

Sure, you're pampered. I don't have anything against that. If I had the money and had the right people on my side, I'd be doing it, but I'm over here.

Gregor Samsa fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 27, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
I've forgotten, which fighters are good?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Yuriy posted:

did someone get injured??

I assume he just tweets that every couple weeks or so.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Count Roland posted:

Is it a MW fight?

Yes.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

CommonShore posted:

Wanderlei would throw punches, get DQ'd and then proclaim victory for "Bhazeel".

Rules were in English.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

EvanSchenck posted:

That said, I am kinda looking forward to Kennedy's next fight because I want to see what happens when he fights a really high-level wrestler. If Yoel hits an ankle pick on him I'll be laughing about it all week.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Count Roland posted:

Is that really Yoel in that gif?

Yeah, it's how I first heard about him. It's from one of his first MMA fights a few years back in Poland or whatever.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Get hosed, Kevin Casey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm the white guy in the background

Sup Spencer.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Panama Red posted:

Based on Detroit Dogg's posts on this very page we are sponsoring "The Motown Phenom" Kevin Lee because it is cheap

Are we providing him with running water?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Who are some good people to follow on the Twitter machine? I just finally broke and signed up so that I can make fun of Tim Kennedy whenever I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bubba Smith posted:

well that's the Bader fight, the one he missed weight for, and he said he missed weight because his knee was jacked up from injuries. Not saying it matters since I believe Rampage had the same knee injury excuse for the Rashad fight that predates the Jones one by a good year but that's how it unfolded

I used to be one, so you're correct

Rampage is a lazy whiny fat poo poo and has been known around Southern California for shirking training and making up excuses since before he fought sakuraba. Everybody got upset at his corner for yelling at him when he broke his rib against Shogun, but they had every reason to suspect he was faking it cuz he was over the fight.

• Locked thread