Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBdVncU_LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

El Roncho posted:

We had Matt Hughes. We've got Brown Pride. When are we gonna get a real kill whitey kind of brotha in the octagon ?

If he doesn't gas terribly, Kevin Casey has a chance of beating up a dude named both "Bubba" and "Bush" at the same time. That's close, right?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Just started thinking about the Rousey-Davis matchup in detail: Davis is the highest-ranked grappler that Rousey has ever fought in MMA (Kaufman is and was a brown belt, blue belt Carmouche took her back), she's tough, and loves to trade leather. She's not likely to get folded with a knee the way McMann did, and Rousey (who doesn't react well to being punched) is probably not going to want to trade with her.

Is Davis perhaps more of a live long-shot underdog than the odds are giving her credit for?

Unless Davis has a Matt Brown ability to fight through a liver shot, I don't think there's evidence in saying Alexis wouldn't get dropped like McMann.

I like her and I like her tiny mascot buddy, Chompers, but I still think Ronda's probably got a 80% chance of winning.

Also, why would you not count Tate amongst the grapplers Rousey has faced?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ogantai posted:

Betting sites are giving Ronda 95% odds of winning, if you think it's only 80% you should definitely.... bet on MMA :unsmigghh:

I'm dumb but I'm not that loving stupid.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

The only upside to TJ beating Barao badly again so soon, other than silencing all Brazilian Excuses once and for all, is it would send Barao to the very back of the line at 135. Basically the next 2 years of 135 would have to be made up of TJ/Cruz/Ascuncao/McDonald/Mizugaki/Faber/etc. and that's cool.

Also in other news Ronda Rousey was asked if she would consider fighting on UFC 176 to save the card and she said sure, if UFC needed her to do so. I don't think UFC wants to burnout one of their only PPV stars but her crushing the "quickest turnaround between title defenses in company history" record twice in one year would be :stare:

Who even would she defend against, though?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I think I saw that Lauren Murphy just got signed, so I guess they could do UFC bantamweight champ vs Invicta bantamweight champ, undefeated judoka vs undefeated muay thai

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Can Coenen get to 135? That fight would actually be compelling.

She did hold the Strikeforce bantamweight title.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I remember thinking BJ might have edged it, but when I heard the scores read, I knew they would be for Frankie.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

when is the frankie/penn fight?

Tonight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet, (probably because I'm the only person geeking out about this kid) but Alex White is in for Jim Alers against Lucas Martins July 16.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/alex-white-replaces-jim-alers-at-ufc-fight-night-45-in-atlantic-city

Alex White is cool

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

So I decided that I wanted to respond to that with a picture but now I think that I'm going crazy: didn't an eliminated fighter on season 10 paint himself green and start running around pretending to be the Hulk?

Zak Jensen was pretending to be "linderman, shrek's brother"

Also, the best TUF superhero was Captain Miserable, Charlie McCarthy.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

canoshiz posted:

Oh boy this is in incredibly poor taste but I couldn't help but laugh at how absurd this tweet was.

JDS and HUNTO need to share a case of beer and just tee off on Mike Kyle's face for an hour

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

So far, yep. Fight Pass cards have specifically been for cards they couldn't get TV deals for in the states because FOX has no interest purchasing a Macau card that happens live at 4 am. But UFC 176 would fit that mold of a card with no TV deal so Fight Pass would be appropriate. They would change the name from a numbered event to a Fight Night though, probably.

I dunno where Dan Henderson's health is but they should pay him money and make him the new main event of UFC 176 against any lovely LHW they can find. That's good enough.

Hendo vs Fabio

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

My expert analysis says that Aldo would earn more money if he was still killing dudes with double-jump knees in under ten seconds. :colbert:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nibbles141 posted:

It's why not everyone can coach. Been able to get the best out of a person and work around their weaknesses is hard. The Chael/Jones TUF was a great example of this, you had Chael working guys to their abilities whilst Jones would show techniques to people that they just couldn't do. Jones just didn't realise that not everyone can do what he can.

"Be taller!"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hey now this piss smells funny little ali bag boy
Said hey this piss smells funny little ali bag boy
And I ain't ever ran from a piss test drat sho I ain't gonna pick today to give them PED's a rest

The day DJ goes up to fight Dillashaw, he'll be 2 BELTS (formerly Mity Boi)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

Maybe it turns out she has a great power double. Or if she thinks Holm's grappling sucks maybe she'll ankle pick her or something.

We need a Yoel Romero moment in the octagon.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Comedy option is that Rin KOs Miesha with a slam in like five seconds, so that's what I'll be hoping for.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nibbles141 posted:

What does he spend all his cash on? After while you'd think you'd run out of things to buy. He doesn't seem like the drugs and party kinda guy as he seems to be constantly training.

He has to replace all the damage caused by BOATRAGE

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Morecraft rematch confirmed

Jason goddamn Guida

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bean Fried posted:

So, Fox (not FS1), will be airing the later Prelims before the next Fox show, for the first time ever. Obviously, you'd think the UFC would decide to capitalize on this by putting on some truly stacked prelims to capitalize on this extended opportunity to grab some new fans. Unfortunately:

UFC on Fox 12
Anaheim, CA
July 26
Main Card on Fox (8 PM Eastern):
• WW Title Eliminator: Matt Brown vs. Robbie Lawler
• LHW: Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
• FW: Dennis Bermudez vs. Clay Guida
• LW: Bobby Green vs. Josh Thomson

Prelims also on Fox (6 PM Eastern):
• LW: Daron Cruickshank vs. Jorge Masvidal
• LHW: Patrick Cummins vs. Kyle Kingsbury
• WW: Tim Means vs. Hernani Perpetuo
• FW: Mike De La Torre vs. Brian Ortega

Prelims on FightPass (about 4 PM Eastern):
• LW: Akbarh Arreola vs. Tiago dos Santos
• FW: Noad Lahat vs. Steven Siler
• LW: Gilbert Burns vs. Andreas Stahl
• WSW: Juliana Carneiro Lima vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Main card's solid, nothing mindblowing.

For the televised prelims though, only Masvisal vs. Cruickshank really makes sense here, and even that is questionable as a lead in to such an important main card. Patrick Cummins vs Kingsbury might be passable as the opener, you're never ever going to get me to care about Tim Means, and I have no idea who the gently caress Mike De La Torre or Brian Ortega are.

Also, as an aside, Jedrzejczyk is pretty loving badass. The only reason she's not ranked by anyone is because she's been fighting at FLW until now. Check out her fight with Rosi Sexton, Jedrzejczyk hits hard as gently caress for her size.

Brian "T-City" Ortega is a dude that hangs out with Rener Gracie a bunch and apparently does really good triangles.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

If anyone needs a title for the GDT, UFC Fight Night 45: Cerronious Assault

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Requesting old events to watch on Fight Pass while I sherk all responsibility

Not events, but here's the Fight Pass Recommendations thread

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

niethan posted:

i kind of remember elder diaz vs diego as diaz getting wrestled and pounded but having an active guard. i hope new diego stands and bangs

Diego vs Nick, Diego vs Karo and Nick vs Karo was a wonderous triangle of fun fights

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ty1990 posted:

Yo...somebody please explain this to me. What season was this?

Season 4, the Comeback

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

"miller light" would be a good nickname for jim if his brother is still around

I believe FatherDog has been arguing that Miller Lite should be used to describe Cole and Micah (Dan Jr is probably a better fighter than Micah at this point)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

outy posted:

Cowboy put on 19lbs in 7 hours after the weigh-in. Now, I'm no mathematician, but if 1 litre = 1 kg, then 19lbs is about 8.6 litres which is approximately 25 bottles of Budweiser.
Having that sort of weight advantage will surely be negated by the hangover he'll be dealing with, no?

edit: http://instagram.com/p/qfw7cGuffw/?modal=true

A pint's a pound, the world around, so yeah, that would be 25 1/3 12oz bottles (Which is impossible because Cowboy always finishes his beer). Maybe like 20 beers plus a steak

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

tesilential posted:

Last night was awesome. In 9 year of watching MMA I don't think I've ever seen more body shots in one night. Almost every fight was dictated by body shots. :cool:

The only time I've seen more body shots was the after party when Dillashaw won the belt :downsrim:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Vitor will provide NSAC with test results more redacted than a CIA document and claim that he's being up front and open.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Compare Edson Barboza's kick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB3bBzYfpoM

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Can Cerrone make 145? He's 6'1" and already pretty thin at 155.

If he cut out beer, he could, so no, he'll never make 145.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Barboza rematch.

Or buy out Justin Gaethje's WSoF contract and throw him into the deep end against Cowboy.

:getin:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I got mildly annoyed by Ron Perlman saying "Rogerio" instead of "Hogerio".

Also, :lol: at Clay Guida talking about "knock 'em out, rock 'em sock 'em robot style" when his last KO win was in 2008

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/07/28/mean-girl

I guess the UFC paying for her apartment across from the Glendale Fight Club isn't a thing anymore

A few seconds of searching yields this - https://web.archive.org/web/20101126172331/http://www.rondarousey.net/blog/?page_id=4

New York Times article posted:

We want to see a great fighter tested and possibly hurt—at which point we reserve the right to start muttering that the great fighter might not have been so great after all.

See, that dude knows what's up.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Dodson is injured, Lineker's missed weight in like 50% of his flyweight fights, and everyone else is either coming off a loss or just got killed by MM six months ago.

Dustin Ortiz will be fighting for the title early next year.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dana White needs to pay Cole Konrad some of that Brock Lesnar money and get him out of retirement.

(No, I will never stop suggesting Konrad as the best possible contender)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Grifter posted:

I probably should have put in some clinching.

You forgot the part where the opponent hits Brown with a liver shot and Brown just responds "Punch, punch, kick"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Aurain posted:

Requesting a Hunt post fight interview flowchart, one which covers all possible questions.

yeh

it's alright

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Best possible scenario is Weidman comes in at 187

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

He kind of will, in the sense that Vitor is going to get murdered

:golfclap:

"Yo Vitor, say hi to Priscila for me"

• Locked thread