Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wonder if a shovel is going to be a mission asset as well, like how EMP can be used to stun baddies but also open important doors. It'd be cool if a shovel can be used to strike back against the porcine forces of the bourgeoisie fight the power hit cops but also dig a hole for some mission-specific reason. In that image it looks like it's on the roof of the Treasury Benevolent Big Bank, which makes me wonder if there's going to be per-map additions like adding safe cracking or escape plans.

Also, hope they're boosting the reward on Big Bank. If clearing the vault you're looking at 20 minutes plus in most cases, and the reward is usually less than half that of a decent Firestarter run, which takes less than 40 minutes.

Hell, you can solo some maps in less time for a better time/reward ratio. While I appreciate the intangibles of mowing down practically every cop in the DC-DelMarVa area, the goal is money or XP or item drops, and that's better served elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Primary shotguns are poo poo because they replace rifles with less effective shotgun functionality.

The loco owns because it replaces pistols/SMGs with a loving shotgun.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

drunkill posted:

Vegas DLC footage: http://youtu.be/tWT_MX3HHJE

Elvis Masks hopefully.

Their drills work, what the hell.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress that professional-looking gun.

Start designing some crazy-rear end macgyver probably-kill-the-operator-within-1000-rds poo poo like this here beaut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Cta3-7VuM

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Payday 2:

Geight posted:

I don't think we're thinking on the same scale when it comes to corpse fortresses.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hoxton you lazy-rear end motherfucker.

Also, turns out the "CORPSES EVERYWHERE" bug is not confined to Big Bank:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sire Oblivion posted:

Oh man, first Goon game I join and I'm kicked before we even selected a mission. :thumbsup:

a) Were you in the group chat?

b) Were you in Mumble?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sire Oblivion posted:

I was in the group chat and once I joined, since I noticed everyone was using the in-game text chat I didn't think they were using Mumble so I didn't jump on.

There's your problem right there. Being in Mumble is basically what separates goons from pubbies and they were probably asking each other who you were before kicking you.

ALWAYS. BE. IN. MUMBLE.

e:

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 7, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sire Oblivion posted:

They were actually talking to one of the other players about picking stealth equipment for the specific mission.

Probably a goon without a microphone. I know one guy has no mic but is in Mumble to hear the others.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A group I was in was running Big Bank loud and we decided to stick together rigorously. So 3 of us ended up on the roof, one to move the pig, one to get the time lock rewiring, and one to cover and blast snipers. We wrap up and start heading towards the ladder and as I'm looking down the ladder I see a skulldozer come trundling up the drat thing, shouting all the poo poo dozers normally do.

Motherfucker gets to the roof and we just open up on him, E-Tank empties his mag and doesn't want to reload so he just starts whanging away on this rear end in a top hat with his shovel. A good time was had.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scalding Coffee posted:

Skulls are not in Overkill. I found it hilarious that I was lifted on top of each Shield climbing the ladder and that guy showed up, knocked me away, then everyone is instantly on top of him for a quick kill.

Disappointed that Ace Fully Loaded does fuckall for the new shotshells.

Oh, just blackdozer then. Didn't know there were three varietals of that particular fruit.

Grapplejack posted:

Overkill and headshots.

This is why I yearn to go back to a build that involves enforcer.

Is there something that gives the ICTV and aced inspire?

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 7, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah, the frag rounds are so tightly situational (strictly stairwells) that their ability to shine so brightly in that one useful situation is deceptive to a fault.

You try rolling frag on a map like Firestarter Day 1 and you want to just uninstall the loving game seeing as though you mulched a full division of tans coming upstairs on Watchdogs not ten minutes earlier.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I don't even know what the hell this mask's name is but it is incumbent upon each of you as an upstanding individual to get it.

It is never not great.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tulip posted:

That is John the Mandrill. Mandrills are not only terrifying (ask boatmurdered), but also you get that for the Seven Eleven achievemnt - sink seven headshots in eleven seconds :black101:

(if you want to cheese it rather than relying on the eventual cop pocalypse on rats, the guys on Firestarter Day 1 are really bad at getting out of the way)

I got it clearing a path to a fallen comrade on Big Bank :q:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kikas posted:

Yeah, Rats is the final Hector mission as far as the "story" is concerned. You finish off the Mendozas, get rid of the rats who probably told the cops about the guns smuggling, and cocaine transports. I assume that the rats info is on the FBI server you steal in Firestarter day 2, but you have a more pressing matter at hand - a 10 milion dollar bonfire.
I'd love a variant of Firestarter where the police is already there. They just finished the raid, drove off the gangsters and are securing the evidence. It would mean that the trucks are already open, but you have to get to them through basically a whole assault wave. Maybe move some of the guns around. Hide a Dozer sitting on a box somewhere eating a sandwich (glass down, full health tho). Or maybe drive right into a war between the cops and Mendozas and just conquer all :black101:

Have the bus on the last day of Rats filled with dozers. That's bomb disposal gear anyway, they just loving hate being interrupted.

E: Have the Mendoza targets be tied down in a paddy wagon elsewhere, and you can either toss a grenade in the bus, blowing up all the C4 and money and dozers (a la burn the guns in firestarter day 1) or if you can kill all the dozers without setting off the C4 you get a bus full of cash.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 7, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This pretty clearly highlights why dodge is the worst mechanic. :allears:

The ghost class/playstyle is a poor fit for the game as it currently is. I imagine they want it to be a "rogue" type of role, avoiding getting shot at or hit altogether rather than absorbing damage through bulky armor, but since you're going to be running out into a hail of bullets to revive someone or retrieve a bag basically every loving mission, all that poo poo about staying under the radar and sneaking around to flank enemies is loving pointless.

Stealthing a mission is only occasionally an option and only sometimes among that is it actually feasible. They ought to just retool that whole tree to either be a peripheral combat support role (I.e. give them the sniper rifle skills and better aggro-dissipation so they can pick off specials without getting shot at like Amadou Diallo every time they leave cover) or just turn it into a straight support skill tree like it is now but without the bullshit skills nobody takes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scalding Coffee posted:

The thing is, Ghost players should make use of silent attacks when flanking cops and murder them before they notice you. Seeing as how my crew tend to be superforcers who stay in place, makes it easy to move around and kill cops who are busy with everyone else. You are not moving around enough and probably being as loud as possible, at a long distance, to have a change of style.

I've never tried the ghost thing for this reason - I prefer mowing down waves of cops from an entrenched position (aka behind the world's most bulletproof building column) to slinking around and needing 5-8 hits from a silenced weapon to kill an enemy. Most people know to flank a shield if the group doesn't have a sniper anyway.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maswastaken posted:

Wait for a sale; you don't need 000 buckshot or a mandrill mask that badly.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

-Zydeco- posted:

This was dis-proven a while ago. The second key-card is completely random.

Well then the answer is to shoot every civilian you find and hope you get the keycard before you run out of bags.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Acquire Currency! posted:

"Alright guys, we're going to want to do this quietly. Maybe we'll go to Apple for our next big score..."

are they like Pear?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I've seen it on other maps, but seeing it in full vault-holdout glory on Big Bank is something else.

WANT TO CUFF US, PIGS? WADE THROUGH A KNEE-DEEP CARPET OF YOUR DRINKING BUDDIES' CORPSES AND MAYBE WE CAN TALK IT OVER WITH MY GOOD FRIEND TRIPLE-OUGHT LOCO.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

isndl posted:

This spec gets an automatic fail. Dead Presidents? You should know better. :colbert:

But Jewelry Store...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

texasmed posted:

Rather that than having a cap of mods at like 10 of each or something.

I'd rather just see it in the top-tier Gage package.

E: The Para accepts most (if not all) of the CAR-4 mods so that's probably another weapon you can min-max into beastmode/ninjamode if you have absolutely no qualms about being the most boring heister this side of Bernie Madoff.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Easy Rider posted:

What is a good concealment rating to shoot for? I can get it down to 14 with my partially-modded CAR-4, which I'm leaving unsilenced for when a stealth attempt fails, but will be able to increase it from there (with an increase of +5 concealment total if the Short Barrel and Fold-Out Stock ever drop; though I'm a bit ambivalent about losing the extra ammo with the Vintage Mag, I could increase it by an additional +2 if I use that). When it's silenced weapons only, I am stuck at 14 again with my Commando .553 (configured as a single-shot combat rifle with good damage (28), medium accuracy (10), and decent concealment (23); it basically has stock-stats with a slight improvement in concealment, but outfitted with a silencer). Is this good enough for maps like Shadow Raid?

20 is kind of a bare bones threshold for concealability on a weapon, above 25 is a reasonable goal to shoot for if you are really stealthing it out and it's sort of the point where you really start committing and sacrificing stuff like damage and stability, and 30+ is "stealth over literally everything else" territory because you're sacrificing a lot of utility across the board. This is per weapon and is not the blue/red detection figure that's usually 75 when you are rolling loud.

30+ on each weapon with just the suit is what you want the goal to be, generally giving zero fucks about neutering the primary and not having to care much about the secondary either since in most cases you're not shooting at anyone with armor. However, the Swedish K is the most concealable secondary and isn't awful.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SilentW posted:

Is it really more concealable than the Gruber Kurz with the smallest silencer? I find that a little hard to believe, but I don't have all the Swedish K parts yet.

Also, do not bother kitting out a primary for stealth. Just go for high concealment and do everything with your secondary.

The gruber is 30 with the size doesn't matter, the SK beats that by a few points at 33 fully modded out.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 10, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I kind of want to see what kind of corpse volume one can get before it starts really affecting performance. Since GoonHUD doesn't make smoke stick around, the number is probably thousands but I can't check yet.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So there you have it - rule out the duplicates, rule out open crates, and by then you should be down to one truck. Then hope to god someone has HoxHud to time the ECM placement.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I've always wondered why nobody chooses to go up the first manhole from the sewer, in front of the warehouse. There's a crate there and only rarely does a camera spawn above the door that's next to the manhole. Hell, you could easily leap out of the hole and get out of the view of the camera before detection anyway.

People do path through but so infrequently that I can pick the lock with time to spare, and I don't have fast lockpicking.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zaphod42 posted:

I got seen by a civvy getting out of the manhole last time I went up that way, and that started a chain-fail.

I already had 7 things in the van :smith:

Whywecheckfirstanddon'thaulassoutofanymanhole.txt

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Travic posted:

Can someone explain to me how having so many dead bodies doesn't drag the system down? Doesn't the poly count/texture memory explode out of control?

Yeah, nothing has crazy detail in the game and advanced shaders aren't needed either. I'd venture to say it's less polygons intensive than HL2 even but with higher quality textures and maybe slightly better lighting effects. Bodies have no physics once they hit the ground, your computer probably has plenty of rendering capacity to spare even with a couple thousand bodies on the floor.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

Pubbies are the greater challenge, because the game's artificial difficulty is more predictable in terms of how it's going to screw you.

Goons and their fatass fingers will throw grenades while trying to:

-Bag bodies
-answer pagers
-hack voting machines
-place drills
-repair drills
-use keycards
-use ECMs
-walk forward
-change weapons

It's hilarious to be snooping around the warehouse in Election day 2 and hear someone just scream "GRENAAADE" out of the blue.

Wait no it isn't.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

teh_Broseph posted:

Bind weapon swap to mwheeldown and grenades to mbutton4 - problem solved.

(Except when you also bind melee to m5, jump in the Jewelry Store window, charge a civvie to knock him on the ground, and throw a small bomb at them.)

I have grenades bound to the default, but never use 1/2 to swap weapons and put the pickup/throw buttons on the mouse.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wonder if they'll ever revisit the tech trees. Some of the customization options and guns really make certain skills completely vestigial, and other skills (like dead presidents) are just useless.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bank manager on big bank looks utterly ridiculous.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm sorry sir, we cannot offer you a loan.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Geight posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with the elephant missions in general because they're really fun to me, but I feel like setting back the progress of humanity by destroying fusion engines is a bigger dick move than robbing a bank.

Its the only way he could get acceptance in the Party.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

JetGrind posted:

I think I've found the only drawback to GoonHUD as of right now, and that's that sometimes shields don't fall all the way down, and will still stop bullets if they're lodged in the middle of a doorway, even though you can go through them. It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end when you're shooting a dude on Rats and then whoops, he backed up behind a corpse shield.

Fucker's smart enough to take advantage of my mod thing, but that won't stop my teammates from killing him a second later.

I wonder if the super strength skill (enforcer tree, lets you whack shields out of the way so you can blow them in half with your loco) would move the shields.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Is he responsible for the disparity between the number of available weapons and the number of viable weapons?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Gate posted:

I'd have been fine with GO if the security that shows up wouldn't freak out half a mile down the road from the bank thanks to their telepathy. Seriously, how the gently caress do they know anything is up the instant they hop out of their truck sometimes?

:cop: "Hey guys, we're on our way"

:whatup: "Just had a dream I turned into a dog, a fuckin' Pekinese "

:frogsiren: OK CLOWNS HERE COME THE DEAD COPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zaphod42 posted:

This is a wonderful idea :torgue: Every time the assault starts he could just yell "EXPLOOOOSIONS!"

Please also replace a couple of the spotting lines. Not all, just maybe the annoyed "LOOK" from Hoxton and the "We're invisible" line from whoever.

• Locked thread