Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Weird Al will be releasing his fourteenth album on July 15th entitled Mandatory Fun. This is also his last record under his current contract.

Track list

quote:

01. Handy = Fancy by Iggy Azalea
02. Lame Claim To Fame = Walk Like A Camel-ish Southern Culture on the Skids style parody
03. Foil = Royal by Lorde
04. Sports Song = Al wrote this specifically for the day that pigs fly and he gets chosen to do the Super Bowl halftime show
05. Word Crimes = Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke
06. My Own Eyes = Foo Fighters style parody
07. Now That's What I Call Polka! - Wrecking Ball, Pumped Up Kicks, Best Song Ever, Gangnam Style, Call Me Maybe, Scream and Shout, Somebody I Used to Know, Timber, Sexy and I Know It, Thrift Shop,
Get Lucky
08. Mission Statement = Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Stills & Nash
09. Inactive = Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
10. First World Problems = Monkey Gone to Heaven-ish Pixies style parody
11. Tacky = Happy by Pharrell Williams
12. Jackson Park Express = Cat Stevens homage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN6vPOC9eFg

He will also be releasing eight music vidoes starting july 14th.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

weirdojace posted:

The album is awesome. "Word Crimes" is probably my favorite but the Pixies style "First World Problems" is also great, and features Amanda Palmer doing Kim Deal-ish backing vocals.

I'm interested in seeing what him being out of a contract will mean. Will his choice of parodies change?

Also, he was one of the first concerts I went to as a kid, and it was amazing. He would get into costume/character for every song.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It's crazy how in that video nobody is wearing or doing anything close to what he lyrics state.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
For some reason I thought I'd get laughed at for this thread, so it's pretty awesome that there is a bunch of fans here. I'm also really really surprised about the amount of posts I see on facebook with these videos. People that I would never think would listen to a Weird Al song. The internet is a strange place.

Kind of bummed about no Inactive video and no more Polka songs (possibly, he should just do one at the end of every few years as a recap though...)

It will also be interesting to see how fast he will be able to parody a song now that he has so much competition and can actually release singles instead of full albums.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Since these are all singles, could he possible have 12 songs on top 100?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
drat is that all done by hand or digital? Don't really like the song but that video looks like it took ages to do.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Cemetry Gator posted:

I was really upset about 10 minutes in when he showed me the footage from the video and told me I was demonically indoctrinated! Thanks man. Way to fight the power by giving my soul over the NWO Repitillian demons.

Also, if you think this is a troll, just check out the website he links to. If he's a troll, he's put a lot of work on this!

Edit: drat, this guy really has it figure out. Here's my question though. Why hasn't the illuminati killed him yet? He's posted hundreds of videos exposing their activities!

Killing him would prove it's all real.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Mission Statement video was really good, I loved the art style. I am sad that Inactive didn't get a video, but I think I'll live. Maybe some day...

Inactive was going to have a video but the guy that was doing it never finished it. Hell he barely even started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

achillesforever6 posted:

Once again my dreams of a Faith No More half time show are ruined, I mean gently caress they had the Red Hot Chili Pepper last Superbowl this is bullshit! :argh:

Lol if you think Mike Patton would ever do a pre recorded show anyway.

• Locked thread