Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no

sniping for satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I haven't been this excited to see picture updates since Three Olives went to Wal-Mart.

Except this is China possibly. So Three olives would never touch it.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
30 km ain't poo poo ride that ring twice.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
20km.

Kool Keith - girls would u gently caress tonite.

Temp. Is now 33C

This is taking much longer checking in every 5km. Almost there and your reward will be photos!

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
:f5:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
30km done! This took way longer than it should have updating for you lovely smucks.

I also found a can of coca-cola brand coke in the fridge! Pictures up next!

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Get ready for the experience:

This is China when it's not smoggy as hell.

Oh hey Chengdu Radio & TV!

Questions?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I got a question - why don't you go to the grocery store? You just went 30km for no reason

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
hey can u say something denouncing the chinese govt so u can get black bagged into a mobile execution van next time u go out

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Al Borland posted:

Hydrate up. Shower and get pedaling!

I named today's ride "Hydrate or die" on Strava....hmmmmmm.....

makes u think

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ilikedirt posted:

hey can u say something denouncing the chinese govt so u can get black bagged into a mobile execution van next time u go out

can you tell me what to say? I got my own black bag

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I Am Not Spor posted:

I named today's ride "Hydrate or die" on Strava....hmmmmmm.....

makes u think
i used to name my stravas after things i ate and then i changed it to ron burgendy quotes and now they are mostly pure non sequitur

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

i used to name my stravas after things i ate and then i changed it to ron burgendy quotes and now they are mostly pure non sequitur

Normally my rides are named after the weather or animals I saw

naem
May 29, 2011

DID YOU PERAMBULATE UPON YOUR VELOCIPEDE, KNICKERS FANNY INNIT

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I Am Not Spor posted:

Normally my rides are named after the weather or animals I saw
while i imagine it would be
deer
deer
deer
deer
deer
im going to keep my eyes peeled because i might surprise myself in my own back yard

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncQsBzI-JHc

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

DID YOU PERAMBULATE UPON YOUR VELOCIPEDE, KNICKERS FANNY INNIT

MAYBE? I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHAT THIS MEANS!

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

while i imagine it would be
deer
deer
deer
deer
deer
im going to keep my eyes peeled because i might surprise myself in my own back yard

look out for bobcats in the winter

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Well cycling is over. Decide to go walkies and have ended up in a strange touristy place.

It's hot, it's crowded, they sell nothing but street food. Pretty standard china experience.

I've also had a teenage girl come up and ask if she can take a picture with me. :tinfoil:

Then, delicious fast food curry!

They sell the strangest things in China too!

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 26, 2014

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I Am Not Spor posted:

look out for bobcats in the winter
ok so i paid attention and i saw a three deer, a lizard scurrying across the road, a bunch of pheasents or grousse or some poo poo bird that walks, a million little song birds, a turkey vulture just hanging out, a black baby rabbit, a sphinx cat enjoying the sun, a huge british bulldog taking itself for a walk, a friendly golden retreiver (like there are any other kind), and a hilarious german shepherd with its head out of the sunroof of a red honda civic barking at everyuthing, and obviously a bunch of humans but notably some chill golfers that didn't mind that i was shredding on their golf cart path and many more dogs that arnt worth mentioning.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

ok so i paid attention and i saw a three deer, a lizard scurrying across the road, a bunch of pheasents or grousse or some poo poo bird that walks, a million little song birds, a turkey vulture just hanging out, a black baby rabbit, a sphinx cat enjoying the sun, a huge british bulldog taking itself for a walk, a friendly golden retreiver (like there are any other kind), and a hilarious german shepherd with its head out of the sunroof of a red honda civic barking at everyuthing, and obviously a bunch of humans but notably some chill golfers that didn't mind that i was shredding on their golf cart path and many more dogs that arnt worth mentioning.

Animals are cool.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
i wish you had pics of all of them especially the dog with his head out the sunroof and the sphinx cat

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
loving hell what's wrong with you why don't you just buy Pro Cycling Manager 2014 on Steam and cycle from the comfort of your pc like any other self respecting basement-dwelling goon.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

loving hell what's wrong with you why don't you just buy Pro Cycling Manager 2014 on Steam and cycle from the comfort of your pc like any other self respecting basement-dwelling goon.

I'm a bad goon I guess? Surprise surprise I had pizza last night and I'm going to go cycle off some calories this morning as it's another warm day and the cicadas are screaming in my ear like a long drawn out guitar drone.

Maybe I'll post the official Monday morning cycle playlist after I'm done along with some new pictures! :v:

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
buy chocolate covered cicadas, or any cicada food item and post a pic then eat it.
*or that sphynx cat

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

buy chocolate covered cicadas, or any cicada food item and post a pic then eat it.
*or that sphynx cat

I wouldn't even know where to get those things but, I do have a picture of China's attempt at western breakfast that just screams of :effort:.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
I also just went biking and am eating Chinese food. I am not, however, in China. Madison, WI has some pretty great bike spots.

Biking owns owns owns.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I also just went biking and am eating Chinese food. I am not, however, in China. Madison, WI has some pretty great bike spots.

Biking owns owns owns.

Biking does own especially when you're a 6ft tall cracka in china riding around faster than e-bikes on your neon green 1-gear bike.

Needless to say heads do turn.

I do miss westernised Chinese food though. I generally haven't found much food I like outside of maybe 5 dishes here. Noodles surprising suck rear end here.

EDIT: mayday! I forgot my back inner tube blew up last night! Biking shall have to wait till tomorrow :smith:

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 28, 2014

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I wouldn't even know where to get those things but, I do have a picture of China's attempt at western breakfast that just screams of :effort:.

I will happily take this, and give it a 5

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

tiennamen square 1989 democracy death to PRC bomb in beijing

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

I will happily take this, and give it a 5

Here's your western Chinese breakfast! Complete with liquid butter! Sausages weren't terrible though....:tinfoil:

For all those looking to visit China, here's a handy list of all the websites blocked;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_China
Some are just plain :psyduck:.

Anyways a new day, money in my pocket! Time to get my inner tube replaced and do some mother loving cycling!

hemophilia posted:

Tiennamen square 1989 democracy death to PRC bomb in Beijing
You crack me up lil' buddy!

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would eat that. Have a great day

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Here's your western Chinese breakfast! Complete with liquid butter! Sausages weren't terrible though....:tinfoil:

For all those looking to visit China, here's a handy list of all the websites blocked;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_China
Some are just plain :psyduck:.

Anyways a new day, money in my pocket! Time to get my inner tube replaced and do some mother loving cycling!

You crack me up lil' buddy!

lol they block Sony

Godspeed on your tube quest. :tipshat:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

So Denny's, except with reasonable portions.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Wadjamaloo posted:

So Denny's, except with reasonable portions.

Severe lack of baked beans though :colbert:.

Oh no! 30% chance of thunderstorms!

EDIT: Holy gently caress only one bike shop in a 3km distance had an inner tube costing me ¥28 (£2.80) which is expensive for here.

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Did somebody say giant snoopy??

Also I walked into Dico's to discover the place was over run by denim shorts and the teenage girls who where them and one had the audacity to loving smile and wave at me! Makes me sick a white man cracka rear end honky can't walk around in China without being ethnically and possibly sexually harassed!

Overall good ride, okay time, I think the repair guy tightened my back gear too hard though but, lost 2 lbs since yesterday! Weightloss here I come!

Also If anyone knows how to change a thread title please tell me. I feel "Should I go cycling?" doesn't really fit any more...

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 29, 2014

• Locked thread