Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
like does a pug ever look at a golden retriever and think "goddamn I'm a loving ugly abortion of inbreeding?"

I was at the park the other day and I saw this one big puffed up pigeon with a clean coat and nice colors chasing around this ragged looking one with a broken wing and nasty looking feathers like a school yard bully. Do you think the ragged pigeon was thinking "maybe this wouldn't happen if I wasn't so ugly?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
humans are animals

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
big dogs must think that small dogs are midgets.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This pug doesn't seem to be the slightest bit ashamed

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

my dog is both handsome and retarded looking. he walks a fine line.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Most animals aren't self aware enough to recognize their own reflections

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Cats spend most of their time cleaning themselves, so yes. This is because cats are intelligent, generally.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
most animals are straightforward and don't give a gently caress but some species are hardwired to spiff up for mating rituals

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

killaer posted:

Cats spend most of their time cleaning themselves, so yes. This is because cats are intelligent, generally.

theyre retarded

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lamebot posted:

theyre retarded
neurotic, actually

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

quakster posted:

neurotic, actually

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Some primates living near trash and debris can find shards of mirrors and spend time looking at their themselves. Mirrors are prized, however they figured out that if they hold glass at the right angle their reflection is visible.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
There's a reason it's called peacocking

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
peacucking like a mothercucker

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The BLT
Jan 3, 2008
Do you know the sandwhich man?

onedayholiday posted:

I'm a stupid gay fucker idiot trash bitch whose unfunny and gay

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Yes OP, more than you'll ever know.

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
some do

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

I have an 8' sliding glass door on the backside of my house. Sometimes in the morning I'll hear a THUNK and find a dazed / dead bird outside. Animals r dum.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

an lf favorite

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

One time my brother and I were talking loudly about how ugly an orangutan at the zoo was and the orangutan turned and hid his face like he was crying. So I'd say yes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I swear I've seen dogs get embarrassed because they're naked (i.e. when someone takes off their collar). Can't prove this though.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Cool Blue Reason posted:

humans are animals

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

redshirt posted:

I swear I've seen dogs get embarrassed because they're naked (i.e. when someone takes off their collar). Can't prove this though.

this is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ posted:

like does a pug ever look at a golden retriever and think "goddamn I'm a loving ugly abortion of inbreeding?"

I doubt it but they probably do look at the poodle in the jumper with frill and booties and go "What the gently caress."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
My parrots spend a lot of time preening themselves so I think they do care about their appearance.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
my uncles parakeet spends all day looking in the mirror that vain oval office

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

redshirt posted:

I read Pooch Café as well!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smoking_Dragon posted:

I read Pooch Café as well!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

PromethiumX posted:

I have an 8' sliding glass door on the backside of my house. Sometimes in the morning I'll hear a THUNK and find a dazed / dead bird outside. Animals r dum.

This "glass" poo poo is complicated, alright;

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
my dog aint give a gently caress

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
haha shameless poo poo is he called abe?

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I've had dogs that look embarrassed after I laugh at them for doing dumb poo poo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Corey Plumper posted:

I've had dogs that look embarrassed after I laugh at them for doing dumb poo poo

Your dogs are like, "gently caress this guy, we don't laugh when this guy knocks over his beer"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My cat always tries to look dignified and over it right after I catch her doing something stupid.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Crow Jane posted:

My cat always tries to look dignified and over it right after I catch her doing something stupid.

yea cats do this

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
My dog freaks out for about a week after you shave his fur and becomes really hard to walk. He seems really embarrassed and looks like he's running from hiding place to hiding place do nobody can see him.

My other dog is super happy when he finds a big pile of poo in a bush and starts shamelessly eating it. So I guess the answer is...sometimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Video suggests that they do not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJu43AvIds

• Locked thread