Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Great White Hope posted:

Roman Reigns's problem is (and is going to be down the road) that he's perceived as a guy who WWE wants,
Yeah, while it's fine now if they give Roman Reigns the super push while Ambrose or Bryan(when he comes back) get bigger crowd responses, I can see a large section of the crowd turn on Roman Reigns. Being perceived as the guy WWE wants didn't work for Sheamus, Batista, Orton, etc. We'll see where things go in the next 6 months leading to Wrestlemania but if they revolt it's either going to be a Cena thing with less merch to justify the mixture of cheers and boos, or a Batista where its boos, apathy, and a couple mild cheers.

Triple H should be doing everything in his power to screw over Roman Reigns, not putting him in title match fatal four ways and mildly letting Randy Orton take care of it. Might remove the stigma if done right. They're just trying too hard to make him look like "the guy" as opposed to making it feel natural like it did when The Shield was still around.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Never underestimate the incompetence of WWE's corporate culture.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

hey thats a face turn

Cynically I think they'd try to spin it into a Triple H face turn like the end of last year.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It was pretty good for his usual serious stuff, but I'll just admit I don't buy his act and will never really like him even if I think he's "OK" so I'm biased.

Also the fact that he used "if Brock beats me he'll leave and everyone will hate him" was loving laughable. Because nobody likes The Rock or CM Punk, right.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tonfa posted:

I just can't get excited for Reigns because his gimmick is just Shield Lite, riding off the success of the group. After the breakup you've got Ambrose going all in on his crazy persona, Rollins trying to embrace a solo heel persona...and 1/3 of The Shield trying to be The Shield. :geno:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it seriously give me some X-Pac vibes of not being able to give up your dead stable.

D Lambent posted:

and proceeds to throw Michael Cole through a plate glass window or some poo poo like that.

This wouldn't turn Cena heel. In fact this might be the thing that finally makes me like the guy.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Has Roman even cut a promo in the last month?

He called Kane Randy Orton's bitch.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

there are absolutely people who hate the idea of a "part time champion" and that line was in there to throw a bone to them. People on this very board resented the idea of Rock/Batista/Lesnar winning the title because they aren't a full time guy. WWE isn't ignoring that aspect and actually using it to add heat to the match. It was a smart move.

OK I'll give you this, though the main reason people resented the idea of Batista winning the title was because he was not-Daniel Bryan.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

This is my new favorite stupid loving rumor that will never ever be true.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Johanns Molemann posted:

now i wont be able to read exciting articles about what ryback eats or collect fold out posters of ryback eating

this truly is the darkest of days :(

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Man, I guess a bunch of people did make good on their threat to cancel after the last couple PPVs. This makes Triple H's promo a couple weeks back even funnier.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

armoredgorilla posted:

Let's just go out here and poo poo on the fan base that's probably most likely to buy the Network aaaaand done! Perfect!

"What you don't like John Cena being champion. Then why don't you cancel the network :smug:

...hey wait why'd you cancel the network?"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That many people canceled with only 5% on Paypal?! Holy poo poo.

My resub is pretty much based on "does Brock Lesnar win the title?/Does anything legitimately interesting happen?"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Or just have Daniel Bryan win the Rumble?

I think this depends on how well the Roman Reigns experiment is going around the time of the Royal... awe who am I kidding Reigns will win even if he cools down before then just out of principal.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Calling it now, if they're giving Lesnar the belt Survivor Series or Royal Rumble is going to have Batista vs. Lesnar and that'll be really loving cool. Also gonna check out Guardians tomorrow, everything I've heard about it has been WAY loving better than I expected.

Shima Honnou posted:

It wasn't good enough to keep CM Punk from crying home to his Pepsi.

There's things I could say but they've already been said a thousand times so instead :rolleyes:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

In retrospect, outside of taking a month to get back into the swing of things, the main problem with Batista was the fact that he was Not-Daniel Bryan at the worst loving possible time, at least if they wanted to have him be some big returning hero when 99% of the crowd wanted Daniel Bryan to finally get his big win and run with the belt. Like, he could have been the same drat wrestler in another big Wrestlemania match and I don't think nearly as many people (including myself) would've hated him as long as it looked like Bryan would have gotten his big win. I find it hilarious looking back on last year how everyone wanted to give Hell in a Cell 2013's buyrate to Cena returning or HBK being there when it's become PAINFULLY obvious that it happened because most people thought Bryan was going to get the title there. Wasn't as good domestically as the Ryback match but I remember it still doing a really good number.

Also, why the gently caress was Batista's first act shaking hands and being friends with Triple H?! That's the one thing that made me want to believe this whole thing was a work to get people to hate him in the end, but I truly don't believe they're that self aware most of the time. Especially considering they won't screw over Reigns more and help him get crowd sympathy and make everyone get behind him. Instead now he gets thrown in title matches and just kinda feuds with Randy Orton like it matters anymore. He doesn't have to get beat down without retribution like Bryan was back in the fall of last year, just do way more to cement that anti-authority image. I like Roman Reigns and kinda feel like they could be doing way better to give him that sort of outsider feel instead of just taking this for granted.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 2, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Auron posted:

I would not be at all surprised if this happens, especially with the lovely network numbers ruining everything

Considering all the people who canceled during June, I don't think Cena is the magic button to get people interested in the network...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Undertaker/Brock II is something that could still be in the cards and would draw, so they could have Brock drop at the Rumble or something. Or more likely, Brock loses at Summerslam, since Brock beating Cena would make perfect sense so it's the thing they won't do.

Not only would Brock beating Cena make perfect sense, but having the guy who broke The Streak lose his first match afterwards and having Cena be the one to get that rub would be really loving stupid on every level and would ultimately hurt the future.

Of course John Cena is winning.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 3, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Being serious, no matter any possible outcome, Rollins cashing in after that match is probably the worst thing that could happen.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NowonSA posted:

As much as I hated Batista when he came back rusty as hell, I have to admit he was good in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm looking forward to seeing him again in GotG 2!

I've said this and I'll say it again, Batista came back as Not-Daniel Bryan at the worst loving possible time it was to be Not-Daniel Bryan. He was rusty but I don't think people outside of places like PSP would've given as much of a poo poo if he was doing anything but scheduled to be a big returning world champ when the fans wanted to see Bryan finally put Triple H in his place and get a real run the with title.

Guardians of the Galaxy was great, by the way.

Why the gently caress was the first thing Batista did upon returning was shake Triple H's hand?!

Striking Yak posted:

But from a mark perspective, Brock Lesnar conquered The Undertaker's undefeated Streak at Wrestlemania, and I want John Cena to avenge that by killing Brock Lesnar, AAing Paul Heyman, and then sweeping us all into his powerful arms to tell us it's all gonna be okay.

Undertaker's old and The Streak needed to die. Long live the new flesh :colbert:

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 3, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Striking Yak posted:

There's only three things certain in life: death, taxes, and The Streak.

But if The Streak died...I'm having an existential crisis. Are we doomed to live forever in this Lesnar-dominated world? :ohdear:

From the ashes... a new hero will rise.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Peter Bazooka posted:

Bray could easily be a big time heel main eventer but they seem really committed to having the Wyatts lose constantly.

WWE Heels

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Less "what he really is" and more "what the Cena feud turned him into." He really should have been off TV for a while before showing up again to start this Jericho feud, especially since it's a carbon copy of the Cena feud with the only difference being that he might actually be allowed to look good at the end of it.

I came back into this poo poo with Wrestlemania and I loved Bray the moment I saw him. Now I'm just bored of him due to this repetitive poo poo.

No but you see everyone said feuding with Cena wouldn't damage him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bradzilla posted:

Actually pretty much no one said that.

It was the general sentiment after Cena won at Wrestlemania but before the cage match. Maybe it was just a few people but I remember quite a few people saying it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Great, I finally get to go to a Wrestlemania live and it's the one they're doing cost cuts for. loving perfect.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 4, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also he wouldn't shake hands with Triple H, allying himself with the most hated guy on screen when for some loving stupid reason they were trying to make him a tweener when everyone wanted to boo him and he hadn't gotten any level of comeuppance for trying (and succeeding, at this point) to destroy the crowd's favorite guy.

God WWE is so tone deaf I'm still surprised we didn't get the face Batista/heel Orton main even at Wrestlemania. I know we wouldn't have finally gotten Bryan/Triple H if Punk hadn't of retired.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

By the way, I still want that Bryan/Batista match we never got :(

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I still want a PROPER Punk/Batista match. The two had really surprisingly good chemistry together but there matches were always brief or otherwise cut short by shenanigans.

I've been wanting this since Great American Bash 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

One thing people forget, or haven't pointed out, in all this discussion about Batista shaking HHH's hand was the second part of the equation, he then turned and refused Orton's handshake, and said he was going after him for the title. I don't think it was supposed to be some tremendous showing of love and affection for Trips (and it's not like shaking your boss' hand is a big thing, whether or not you like him), it was supposed to emphasize the disrespect toward Orton. Like "I'll even shake HHH's hand, but gently caress you." Whether or not it came across that way strongly enough, well, that's up for debate, but I can see what they were trying to do.

In real life? No it isn't.

In the escape from reality entertainment that is pro wrestling? Yes it is.

Also, you know, Orton had only been propped up because of Triple H so hating only Orton is kind of missing the point.

• Locked thread