Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Another good thing is that anyone in the British special forces i.e. the SAS could duff up pretty much anyone in the American special forces in a fight. They don't called them the Super Army Soldiers for nothing.

"Special Air Service" they are like the best stewardesses on the planet, man. They will get you a new coke so hard you won't know what hit you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

Quickscope420dad posted:

We already covered that so let's move onto football vs soccer yeah

No wait, let me smugly tell everyone I'm superior for driving a manual car

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

tada.wav posted:

They would be though?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

tada.wav posted:

oh yeah nice!

personally i prefer driving a manual because i guess i am a control freak and like to tell the car when to change gear rather than having it decide to do it for me.

I am also not an Apple user, go figure

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

They would be though?

Thanks, yes I am

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
:gas:

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Another good thing is that anyone in the British special forces i.e. the SAS could duff up pretty much anyone in the American special forces in a fight. They don't called them the Super Army Soldiers for nothing.

oh come on gypsum, either take it to trolling youtube comments or shift focus to some other argument

i understand you enjoy trolling americans but youre so much better than special forces debate thread, i can smell the fertility in you but...

like talk about how you treat the minorities you conquered better or something even that is better

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I'm not sure how i should feel about the fact this thread has a 1:10 posts to viewcount ratio. Are people that loving keen to say bad stuff about Britain? I knew Gypsum would be here obviously but still

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

it's the delusional superiority complex brits have.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Quickscope420dad posted:

I'm not sure how i should feel about the fact this thread has a 1:10 posts to viewcount ratio. Are people that loving keen to say bad stuff about Britain? I knew Gypsum would be here obviously but still

I'm only here because I fancy the arse off of you Lady Gaga.

e: but seeing Sweep here was a bonus, was always my favourite of the three

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Kitchner posted:

The only war America ever won on its own without anyone else's help was the American Civil War and even then it was a close run thing.

I still lol about what a small group of us did to the yanks and the whitehouse in 1814. Good times, good times.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

perhaps what the english want is more representation on this forum, or threads closer to their social issues. like the maddie thread, what happened to that

is she still dead

im all for it, lets make things more british in here!!!

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

are any of you brits like world war 2 fanatics
i want to play video games

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Drunk & Ugly posted:

perhaps what the english want is more representation on this forum, or threads closer to their social issues. like the maddie thread, what happened to that

is she still dead

im all for it, lets make things more british in here!!!

the latest i heard was they figured they were gunna find the body under the cement across the road from the apartment building or something. I don't follow the news very closely though.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Drunk & Ugly posted:

are any of you brits like world war 2 fanatics
i want to play video games

I've started to play HOI3, couldn't decide on a country to pick, was going to pick the US as they had it pretty easy in WW2 as they were too scared to do anything until they got a hiding from the japs but thought gently caress it and started playing as the UK to show them how it's done.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Fandyien posted:

that actually looks dank as hell. i was picturing sometihng iwth those little american sticks of belly bacon that you eat for breakfast and i was all 'drat that's a poor sandwich'

its mostly for hangovers, its really good for hangovers

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Its coming home!

Lol

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
British music is not all good and I will be seriously impressed with anyone that can listen to this classic british hit to the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGwB-f1xfxM

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

British music is not all good and I will be seriously impressed with anyone that can listen to this classic british hit to the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGwB-f1xfxM

There's much more heinous stuff than this but the good music massively outweighs the bad which cant be said for most countries.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thats the first song i've heard where someone managed to retain their british accent while singing somehow

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fandyien posted:

thats the first song i've heard where someone managed to retain their british accent while singing somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I would still do the redhead.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this owns

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Fandyien posted:

Wait you haven't heard Dark Side of The Moon? Dave Gilmour manages to stay pretty drat british the whole way through imo

also the Wall i guess even though that's more Waters

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Being able to wander around almost anywhere in public drinking a beer is pretty awesome?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Quickscope420dad posted:

Wait you haven't heard Dark Side of The Moon? Dave Gilmour manages to stay pretty drat british the whole way through imo

also the Wall i guess even though that's more Waters

i always hear pink floyd as pretty accentless, with the exception of piper at the gates of dawn

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Fandyien posted:

i always hear pink floyd as pretty accentless, with the exception of piper at the gates of dawn

accentless in english is probably technically a type of english accent

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
uk is fatter than america im sure that hasnt been said yet but :lol: that is so lame

america is pretty fat

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

no its not

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Phoon posted:

accentless in english is probably technically a type of english accent

east midlands

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Phoon posted:

no its not

hmmm good point

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uucE2ki-Lnk

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Behold! This morning's front page of Britain's bestselling newspaper.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

Snooker is pretty awesome, so thanks for that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

for the record, i think british people are alright, even if we rip on each other sometimes. but the irish are loving miserable pieces of trash. they live in disgusting hovels and just drink every day. just awful. not the thread to poo poo on the third world but i figure we can hate them together.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

1gnoirents posted:

hmmm good point

i dont know what to tell you man, google it, us is 1st, mexico is 2nd, uk is 3rd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Fresh egg banjos.

e: It's night time here in BST (UTC/GMT +1).

u fink u hard Percy fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 30, 2014

• Locked thread