Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E: whoops :downs:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Sooo... why would Dixie, of all people, tweet this?

desperation, stupidity

both

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seriously I can't find any info at all about this announcement to the live crowd. PWInsider explicitly says Dixie didn't appear on the tapings or to the crowd, so it didn't come from her.

I'm reading it as "there was no announcement made"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

if it made sense it wouldn't be a scott steiner promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccog02xSIo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Angular Landbury posted:

Is there a clip online of the original Steiner promo before internet smart alecs started working their magic? I need pure, uncut Steinernomics.

The TERRADOME video isn't quite it but you do get most of the video, so you also get Petey Williams looking confused as hell, which is great

E: OBELISK :doom:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"We have taken man-on-female violence I would say even more seriously from Day One than even a chair shot."

what :psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

So how about that Austin Aries and Christy Hemme incident.

And Abyss chokeslamming Daffney through a table

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

weekly font posted:

She is the Tommy Wiseau of wrestling.

hahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Like 20 seconds later they expose Tenay reading a script and he quickly hides it under the table lol.

and it wouldn't be the last time!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Kamikaze posted:

I saw video of this and the way Bubba Ray delivered, Dixie never even touched the table.

Yeah he set her down pretty well.

flashy_mcflash posted:

She got injured doing it somehow though?

She was kinda twisted up after they landed. I wonder if she tweaked something.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Paulocaust posted:

She took a bump onto her neck from the top turnbuckle. You ever taken a bump in a wrestling ring? Because that was not an easy one, especially the way she landed on her skinnyass neck.

Oh i'm sure it hurt, I'm just saying it could have been a lot worse. At least Mae Young was a wrestler and used to taking bumps when Bubba put her through. TNA's even dumber than i thought if Dixie never worked on how to land.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wouldn't it have actually been BETTER if she touched the table? I thought they break falls.

I'd imagine this is one those "yes, if..."/"No, but..." things dependent on how they go through, what the table's actually made of, and what they land on. Bubba's done a shitload of table spots so I'd think (hope) they deferred to him about how the spot was going to work.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

I'm going to assume Dixie's thought process was "I dress so much better than these wrestlers, how hard can actually wrestling be?"

Yeah I honestly wondered about that. Dixie didn't appear to be wearing anything under her clothes to help herself out. I could understand some light padding (or at least thicker regular clothes) for someone that's never done something like this but the whole thing felt so terribly contrived. She was almost corpsing as she got forced back to the ring and picked up by.... Rhino or whoever grabbed her.

I'm guessing she assumed she wouldn't feel anything, and while i'm sure Bubba did all he could, she's still got to take a pretty good bump.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Dixie? Land?

fuuuuuck haha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

Like others have said, if Impact on Thursday wasn't already dead, it is with Smackdown moving to its timeslot.

WELL YA SEE THIS JUST SHOWS US THAT WWE IS SCARED OF TNA AND :saddowns:
/tnamecca

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

The Sting mask thing wasn't dumb at all and it owned

yeah, honestly for all the dumb poo poo TNA has pulled, I had to enjoy this

EDIT: Yo Shine click this thing. It's a long rear end read but it'll basically tell you drat near everything to get you up to speed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god this works so well

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CobiWann posted:

(V)elocity = (D)isappointment / (T)NA.

holy poo poo hahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Death Zebra posted:

I think I remember seeing an early TNA episode where they had women dancing in cells suspended in the air as decoration. It was the opening of the show. Did that actually happen?

I remember this as well.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

TNA's next PPV will be Wacky Races

Spud is muttley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Happy Happyist posted:

Am I doing it right?