Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

People who play AP Tristana mid and have more than double deaths over kills are the most frustrating people to have on your team.

The ham never stops. I'm going to have nightmares of that loving yordle Rocket Jumping solo into Vayne/Annie/Xerath again and again and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Okay this is hilarious. I'm in the loading screen playing ADC against Hashinshin as the enemy support.

We are both going to be horrible.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

LMAO Nintendude added me after that game. Oh God we crushed

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

glomkettle posted:

Good. Hashinshin's obnoxious and deserves to lose.

(I actually lost lane specifically because of Hashinshin's Nami, but I blame my support of course) Ended 8-4.

e: I don't think I can play another one after that. I think I beat the game.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Watching a featured game right now and it's just a symphony of "A summoner has disconnected".

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I'm watching an entirely connected purple team end the game on an entirely disconnected blue team. What are the odds?

...they're bming the disconnected enemy team in the fountain.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

gently caress no video games for a couple hours I'm a goner

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Obscurity posted:

Won again..3 games in a row on Rammus..all 3 times the enemy surrenders. I am loving this :D

Rammus is basically how Nightblue got to the top of Challenger (pre-taunt nerf, though), as well as a dude called hairyabs.

I miss being naive enough to use Mobafire guides. I loved the top one for LeBlanc made by a mid Gold dude. Studied his matchups, watched all the videos.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Have you seen Udyr? Guy literally can't find enough camps to kill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NTT is "Trick2g" in-game, the Udyr main.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

mushi posted:

maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the only people sniffing challenger/Master are folks that like already are committed to playing this game 8 hours+ a day and have dreams of either being pro or a streamer/commentator/something if they aren't already.

I'm technically sniffing Challenger, although being 10 LP away is probably realistically going to be a huge thing, and I only play 1-3 games a day, if any. I played much more last summer, though.

But... yeah. I don't know how some people can grind so much solo queue. It crushes my soul so quickly.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

mushi posted:

I thought being D1 99LP was like a tier of its own because unless your MMR is stupid high it takes forever to get into a challenger series. But I've never even sniffed diamond, and don't really keep up on the ladder, so I don't really know how long it takes to go from D1 90LP to challenger.

That's still pretty good. And playing 1-3 games a day is probably enough to maintain Challenger? I don't know anything so I guess I should stop posting about it.

I'm getting internet at my new place tomorrow so maybe I'll get to play a game or two :unsmith:

I mean, technically it is, in the sense that you need to win 3-4 games in a row to go from 99 LP to Challenger series, so those people are far better than mid D1 players because they'll generally beat them three out of four times or something. At the same time, 99 LP is not a place a whole lot of people sit at because you either get your series and win it and go into Challenger or lose a single game or two and are back at 90-95 LP.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

That feeling when you have the worst team you've had in months.

I just lost to a Quinn.

A Quinn.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

This Twitch stream.. wow.

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamers

Highlights:

Kiwikid sucks rear end
imaqtpie "looks like a retard" but isn't bad
Curse will never top 3 any meaningful event with Voyboy as mid or top

etc.

Those shows are unwatchable. The amount of interesting content should be made into little 2 minute clips the day after or something.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

I just watched the Gnar video and he is going to be so good in the right hands.

He makes me think of Poppy because of the "knocks into walls to stun" thing, but he's also going to be much more flexible on what he can do. So, something like a more viable Poppy with some Kennen and Sivir thrown in for good measure.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

pahuyuth posted:

NEver stop doing these

Yeah, these are great. I went up two divisions already.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Jelly posted:

Three games tonight where the opposing team refuses to report afkers/rage-quitters, actually defends them with poo poo like, "No need to report, everyone has a bad day". Funny how you never hear that when you're on the suffering team. People are poo poo.

Telling the other team to report someone on your team diminishes their feeling of accomplishment for winning. Sure, it's probably incredibly blatant that you had a feeder on full-blast, but that doesn't stop people from getting offended at the possibility that their play had literally nothing to do with their victory. People don't put much thought into their video games.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

How did Rammus find his way back to the top of the win-rate charts? He was in this exact position several months ago and they specifically addressed and solved the issue by taking a third of the time off of his taunt.

Bubble-T posted:

If they afked or RQ for a while before the game ended they will be picked up automatically (name in red on the score screen). If they didn't, and I have no evidence that it wasn't just a DC 1 minute before we won anyway, then I'm not going to report them for that.

I rarely report afk/DC for those reasons. It's only really relevant when someone afks for a long time and then comes back right at the end to avoid leaverbuster or if they just sit in the fountain moving occasionally.

Reporting comes down to reporting the person who you personally believe deserves to get banned on your own. Trying to sway other people is usually annoying and done way too often when things are ambiguous. Sometimes a reminder is okay. "Hey, report that obviously feeding dude. Thanks."

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I always thought the best way to put money into League was to buy a couple of IP/EXP boosts by day (like 7-days' worth) and then spamming games hardcore that entire week. Actually buying champions with RP seems really, really inefficient unless you really, really want one particular one. I'd honestly play free week/450 IP champs until level 30 and I have enough IP to buy that one or two champions that I REALLY enjoyed during their free weeks, along with the absolutely mandatory runes and (one?) rune page for a total of 3.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Wolery posted:

What's a good build for Gangplank if your plan is to split push all year?

Hydra.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Verviticus posted:

at a point gangplank isnt going to win a 1v1 with anyone because he's terrible so you'll probably just want to do something stupid like load up on move speed so nobody can catch you

Gangplank rules.

I don't know ideally how to build Gangplank but Hydra into typical tank sounds fine. Maybe sneak in a Trinity Force if you're feeling like a boss. I'd point you to probuilds but it's just pages and pages of Regi and he's not very good.

e: Hydra>Statik>IE>LW>Trinity, maybe, and never teamfight, just clean up and split.

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 14, 2014

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Libertine posted:

All you need is 15000 gold worth of items and you are good to go. Gangplank cruising the high seas, cashing checks and taking asses.

Hey man there are 6 item slots I was just puttin the rear end on the build.

drat I just bought Gnar and tried to rush into a bot game but somebody else beat me to it. Thought I was on top of things...

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 14, 2014

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Gnar feels amazing. He's like everything bruiser Teemo ever wanted to be and more.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

I was on the fence and you convinced me to buy him. Don't let me down, Colonel Squish.

e: What are you building on him? I figure BorK into tank would be pretty good.

The recommended items were basically full damage, but 1-2 of his abilities deal damage based on his max HP so I'm not sure if his optimal path is full DPS or half and half.

I just followed their build and went BorK into Trinity and LW, then tank. It felt pretty drat good to turn into Mega Gnar, gain 200 health and then stun people into oblivion.

e: I think Q max first, W second?

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 14, 2014

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

Nightblue is playing Gnar in the jungle right now and absolutely destroying. He's going straight tank because apparently you don't need items to do any damage in the Mega form.

This is what I suspected after watching Qtpie try to play him adc again and again last night. He just get wrecked when he goes full damage.

Speaking of qtpie, he's playing the League-killer on his stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/imaqtpie

That or it's the visual update

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

If you ever get in range to use DFG on an important target as Xerath, you're probably going to die. It's a terrible item on a champion who is meant to deal damage from 1000+ range. There's also no reason to build both Morello's and Athene's. You don't need the mana regen from both and you'll do very little damage with that build. Xerath pretty much should always only build one CDR item (Froggen built CDR boots on him one game on probuilds, though, which doesn't seem bad). You don't really need mana regen blues if you manage your mana and lane pressure well early game.

Or, if you do want to build more than 1 CDR item, make sure you're not actually going over 40% like with Grail/Morello's/DFG.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Haha, someone just drophacked a co-op v AI game because I insta-locked Gnar and they were mad. I guess if they were going to dodge, we were all going to have to wait the penalty time.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I apologize to whoever bought Gnar because I hyped him up. I hope you're still enjoying the little guy even if the consensus is that he blows.

I legitimately thought he felt really strong, even if you don't get ahead. Unfortunately, it's way too hard to get into the fray as Mega Gnar so it's nearly impossible to wreak all of his havoc. Plus, the whole not being able to decide when you're going to all-in is a pretty lovely thing in and of itself.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

How Rude posted:

It's aram you build stupid poo poo because nobody cares.

Seems like most of my ARAMs people play really seriously. I'm pretty sure there's just a lot of people that play nothing but ARAMs or nothing but normals and get really aggravated if you mess around or make too many mistakes in their mode. God forbid the highest tier of non-competitive modes is played for shits and giggles.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Jerkface posted:

to quote imaqtpie: "Wow gnar this champ is so loving bad. i love it"

I was thinking of just turning my Twitter into quotes I hear Imaqtpie mutter while playing solo queue but I'm not funny enough to properly recreate the humor.

I liked the part of that stream where TheWarlock starting flaming him for making mechanical errors, then accusing him of not taking the game seriously, culminating in the final insult of "ur gros", with no element of sarcasm whatsoever.

Also when the same guy started giving scarra poo poo later in the night and scarra had loving none of it.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's clear Christian "The Rain Man" Kahmann :smug:

I posted a picture of The Rain Man in the Bad Tattoos thread awhile ago. The guy got Teemo on his upper back to show his dedication to starting a team with Chaox and getting into the LCS.

His plan is surprisingly long term.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I need to see this.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

No clue. She was huge in solo queue and competitive a few months ago, I don't know what exactly changed.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Monathin posted:

I love Zac but he hits like a wet noodle and is way more suited for tanky disruptive shithead action.

Though I haven't heard- did Golem help him a bit? I know he was in a bad place forever.

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=al+kappacino

I always see this guy playing Zac top in Challenger games and doing well. A 66% win-rate is pretty drat impressive.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Libertine posted:

Every champion is impressive when played by a Challenger-level person who mains them.

I just link profiles for the sake of exhibiting what one of the best players of a champion on NA is doing in terms of runes/masteries/items or whatever in case anyone who plays Zac is interested.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Apparently Darien is the only one who plays him good, full tank top gnar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XX4MB_wR_A

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/295022

He's not playing at the top of Challenger or anything, but 15-6 on a brand new 38% win-rate champ is not bad.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

We're doin it, boys!
Just won a game with Sneaky/Lemon as my bot. MapleStreet ragequit at level 7.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

e: woops

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I was watching a highly ranked Korean Teemo building Wit's End, Nashor's Tooth, Hurricane, and I think his next item was going to be Last Whisper (maybe Zephyr). I would love to see on-hit AoE Teemo start eking into the NA meta.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Servaetes posted:

When I am dispatched by a Teemo as Pantheon with that item build I shall kneel before the silvers. Until then, I sit at my diamond throne awaiting challengers.

Last Whisper with all that magic damage? :psyduck:

You're probably right and it was something else. The game ended when he just had a Pickax.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Servaetes posted:

When you get to challenger man, you gotta compile a list of the cool pros and the douchey ones. I only had a very limited experience and I'm curious! I believe in the big dog.

I have a feeling it will be one-sided list of pros that don't talk in solo queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am streaming again for anyone who wants to watch. I failed my series, miserably.

e: Servers appear to have once again, poo poo themselves.

Okay, good. I thought the oncoming week of storms intended for me were starting to take their toll.

• Locked thread