Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hemorrhage sucked anyway so good riddance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm with Mick on this one, I mean Black Ops 2 came out 5 days after Halo 4 and right now CoD is the biggest console FPS there is, its not really a competition anymore.

The lay of the land when H3 came versus H4 is like night and day. Really hard to compare the two in regards to numbers and players sustainability.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Laserface posted:

I think H3 had about a year until MW1 hit and no one really knew COD was going to explode like it did. H3 really only had that to compete with, with GoW a very distant third.

They came out the same year actually, MW1 came out a month after Halo 3, thing is while MW1 was very successful the franchise didn't really explode like it did till MW2 which came out in 09.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sunday at work posted:

MCC or another new Halo on PC would be the death knell of the XBox.

I highly doubt that, it would probably be like CoD where they have the least amount of players.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its called the MASTER CHIEF collection, Chief ain't in ODST and isn't playable in Reach even if he does pop up at the end.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Coagulation, Blood Gulch and Hemorrhage are all lovely, garbage maps and I wish they'd loving die and never come back. Blood Gulch worked ok with the limitations of H1 but Coagulation was just a pile of dicks and Hemorrhage was just awful thanks to the marksman rifle.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It's odd that people complained to hell and back about Kill Trading when it was rampant in Halo 3, they fixed it in a patch and then other games didn't really have it as far as i can remember.

Yet it's back in Destiny for what reason exactly?

Because Destiny is a bad game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK
FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK
WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK!

THE E-D-F DEPLOYS!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Let's all dog pile on some poor poo poo who happened to mention he worked on halo and blame him for everything instead of 343 studios' management like we're all retarded rear end nerds.

PWND!!!

For once I agree with you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zimbomonkey posted:

I finally got far enough in the download to start the game!

AND IT ONLY INSTALLED HALO 4

gently caress YOU MICROSOFT

It installs H4 first for some odd reason.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No more sword fly.

Halo 2 now worse Halo. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The one thing they had to get right on launch day and they hosed it up. :ughh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tighclops posted:

I found this on an old SD card and this was on it for some reason

Memories of better times

Do you still have the pics of my drunk rear end custom games with you and Ezekiel?

I distinctly remember the warthog on the ceiling.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

Lmao Coag is AR starts? They made the same mistake Bungie made (and fixed) like 10 years ago?

Yea hemorrhage with DMR start was super loving fun with everyone plinking way at each other from 50 miles away, truly fun and exciting stuff.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

Better than SMG starts dude.

They should make those maps just vehicles only, you spawn in one and you just crash into each other constantly, gets more and more heated as the battlefield is littered with corpses and vehicle parts.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

How do you gently caress up this bad? :cripes:

This is your baby, this is your flagship poo poo, your goddamn mascot, how do you not iron this poo poo out BEFORE launch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cubey posted:

Because people will buy it anyway

Regardless this is still one of those titles I feel you should get right. Halo is an important thing to MS and 343 already screwed the pooch once.

What consumer confidence will be left for H5 at this rate.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zaphod42 posted:

Supposedly AC Unity is pretty borked on xbone as well

The power of the :smithcloud:

AC:Unity is garbage everywhere, for once the cloud isn't to blame.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They probably rushed it for Black Friday, so hopefully they'll get the game working by then.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RBA Starblade posted:

I found it more jarring that nobody except that one guy gave a poo poo that the savior of the universe isn't dead and is standing right next to them.

Or that when he bumps into what's her name(the egghead chick), she just says "I thought you'd be taller, teehee"

Its like 343 just wanted to piss all over everything and make Halo theirs in the most asinine way possible.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why are you even playing H2 on Legendary, that poo poo's a horrible, horrible slog.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Finster Dexter posted:

Worse of a slog than trying to find decent matchmade games in MP?

Yes

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

James Woods Fan posted:

Halo 3 aged like wine, while Halo 2 looks flabby and sick. It's still fun, but I need some big maps like Coagulation. Haven't had luck with that playlist.

Halo 2 aged like poo poo cause it was poo poo, the story was garbage and unfinished and legendary was a massive slog and it had far more copy and paste environments than H1 did, the multiplayer was equally bad and practically defined by its glitches and general overpoweredness of some weapon combos or just some basic weapons.

Halo 3 was the perfect Halo, they got everything right.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Somehow I don't think people are looking for an apology, just that the game finally work.

quote:

In the end, the true Halo Killer... was Halo itself.

Its sad how true this is.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

They actually announce when the power weapons are gonna spawn?

I guess its better than the drop poo poo but still.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Texibus posted:

The good half is the multiplayer

So what you're saying is that there's only ever been one good Halo game, and even then only of half of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MickRaider posted:

I can't wait for MCC to die so we can go back to the normal no discussion of halo

Whether or not some form of Halo is still around doesn't really matter, long as you're still here being an insufferable arrogant rear end in a top hat the thread is never going to improve.

• Locked thread