Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
This year the oldest stadium in the FBS, Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field, will serve as the home stadium of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets for the 101st consecutive year. We will celebrate this by going 4-8 and getting Paul Johnson fired.

Yes to the Playoffs. Yes to Football.

(So in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Spiritus Nox posted:

Well, Baylor better throttle SMU because if we gently caress up everyone's gonna see it.

Incorrect, everyone's gonna be watching Chuckie Keeton run wild all over the Vols.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sash! posted:

But you KNOW it's going to be Florida State vs Alabama and Oklahoma vs Some SEC team and everyone else just goes ugh really

Yeah, but it's nice to pretend.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I was always under the impression that Hawaii football was eventually going to be doomed, for the huge travel prices if nothing else.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ohio State can win as many games as they like as long as they lose to Navy in week one.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Oregon's been consistently entertaining for quite a while now, and for that they have my support. (It's still funny when they get ground into dust by Stanford's Old Man Football, though)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

KKKLIP ART posted:

Please tell me this series is on youtube somewhere.

They didn't happen in the same series, but:

The real one
The fake one

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Only two days until the 2014 season kicks off with Sam Houston State taking on Eastern Washington on the field of blood.

:unsmigghh:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
It's too bad about Cal; they used to be a really fun team.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Basil Hayden posted:

ACC including Notre Dame:

Boston College’s Steve Addazio: Young
Clemson’s Dabo Swinney: Experienced
Duke’s David Cutcliffe: Veteran
Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher: Habits
Georgia Tech’s Paul Johnson: Young
Louisville’s Bobby Petrino: Unknown
Miami’s Al Golden: Renewed
NC State’s Dave Doeren: Redemption
North Carolina’s Larry Fedora: Ravenous
Pitt’s Paul Chryst: Young
Syracuse’s Scott Shafer: Hard-nosed
Virginia’s Mike London: Experienced
Virginia Tech’s Frank Beamer: Developing
Wake Forest’s Dave Clawson: New
Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly: Athletic
'Young'/'New' should be read as 'please don't fire me when we go 4-8 this year.'

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I've never understood any of this. It just seems like a few years ago the program committed some boring violations regarding texts and minor gifts, and then it's been years of nobody calling anybody back. Do we even have a compliance department?

e: I can't even imagine what the pitch to recruits is these days. 'Enjoy our back-breaking, uncompetitive style of football, our hardass coach who's on his way out, and never beating our rivals. Would you like a side of rigorous academic standards, endless probation, and living in Atlanta?'

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 22, 2014

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Thoguh posted:

Football happens today!

It's...beautiful

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah, I was going to say, the season already started. The opening game was great.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

This one was just the best. :allears:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Scarf posted:

ESPN's Ivan Maisel's 10 predictions for the season:

God I want Navy to beat Ohio State in Week 1. I want it so bad.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The best part about Navy beating Ohio State is they'd probably lose to Temple the next week.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Coco13 posted:

MAC division standings to be decided by total points scored in conference games.

Double TouchDown Tuesdays at participating stadiums.

Anyone who doesn't get excited for MACtion Wednesdays every November can just get out.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Courtesy of CBS Sports, A ranking of all 128 FBS head coaches by how good their personal football careers were.

#1 is Steve Spurrier

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 26, 2014

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

In the last five seasons, the only Kansas wins against non-Big XII power conference teams have been over:

Duke (2009)
Georgia Tech (2010) (who was ranked at the time) (lol)

So yeah, they're pretty much the ideal 'power conference' body bag team.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Musburger owns because how else am I supposed to know whether the football I am looking at is live or not?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Michigan State in Week 2 seems like exactly the kind of game Oregon could lose spectacularly.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I can't remember; did FakeDeadGirlfriendGate break before or after the Heisman ceremony that year?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
There's a football game in less than two hours. And like a billion more in the five days after that. I barely know what to do with myself.

e: I'm celebrating by watching my favorite highlight video ever, from the opening weekend of the greatest college football season ever.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 27, 2014

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
GSU is maybe the worst FBS team and Abilene maybe the worst FCS team, so it's going to be like watching a high school football game.

And high school football rules, so really what I'm saying is it's going to be great.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

kayakyakr posted:

ACU went 7-4 last year as an FCS transitional team. They're not THAT bad.

Fair enough. I figure either Abilene gets their first ever win against an FBS opponent (?) or GSU gets their first win in like two years, so either way someone's going home happy.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The playoff bracket as of right now:

1.) Eastern Washington
2.) Georgia State
3.) Sam Houston State
4.) Abilene Christian

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Scarf posted:

Wall Street Journal released their Grid of Shame for this year: http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-college-football-grid-of-shame-1409185352

Because if there's anyone who knows football... It's those fat cats on Wall Street.

Their chart rates Georgia State as one of the worst teams in the country, but they're also the only undefeated FBS team so how 'bout them apples?

(Note: I do not consider 0-0 to be 'undefeated.' You cannot be undefeated until you have risked defeat by playing a game.)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Heaf posted:

It's that time again. Week One GDT titles, please.

NCAA Week 1: AP Poll: 1.) Georgia State

NCAA Week 1: Don't jump out that window, 'cause football's back

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Frackie Robinson posted:

NCAA GDT Week 1: young aggies handle some stiff competition

NCAA GDT Week 1: General Dog vs. Captain Cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah, if you get 94 yards total against a Sun Belt team, it was definitely an atrocious night.

• Locked thread