Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Let's Play Hitman 2!

Hitman 2 is the sequel to Hitman: Codename 47, and like its predecessor is also about a man who hits people for money.

Or is it?! In Hitman 2, our beloved Agent 47 has quit his life of crime after things got really weird at the end of the first game and triggered an emotional crisis - having to murder all of your dads can be a painful thing - and gone on a Rambo 3-style pilgrimage to a Sicilian church so he can get live in a shed. Literally five seconds after confessing his crimes to his pastor, though, the pastor is mysteriously kidnapped. Agent 47 will have to come out of retirement for Twenty-One Last Jobs as he goes in search of his dear friend. Will he save him? Will he discover being a Hitman is fun and cool and quit gardening for good? Will Agent 47 get into heaven or will he never have to worry about it because he's part of a multimillion dollar franchise and contractually bound to wander the Earth for ever? LET'S FIND OUT!

Since you all saw our last LP (boy my audio quality in 2011 really sucked right? It picked up, I promise), we all now officially know that the first Hitman game was really really bad. This one is a massive improvement, which is to say it merely sucks quite badly, but there's a couple of really good moments in there. Like the first one, the creators definitely had some really cool situations they wanted to create in the game and essentially built the whole thing around getting that stuff to happen, and occasionally it all works out great. The rest of the time...
(Actual promotional image for the game, they were really proud of this part)

In this Let's Play, I'll be playing and my good friend Clever Spambot will be commentating. Erm...although to be honest, when we record we do it in this one group skype call and I can't be bothered to set up a separate one, so forums users wateyad and Paper Lion will probably pop in and out at random.

VIDEOS:

PART ONE

PART TWO
(first google image result for 'hitman 2 blingee' I have no idea what this is)

PART FIVE

PART SIX
[IRRELEVANT PICTURE]

PART SHEVEN

PART SEVEN POINT FIVE: BONUS VIDEO WHERE I PLAY THE SAME LEVEL

BART SK8 PART EIGHT

8.5: BONUS VIDEO

9: SHOTGUN SHOWDOWN

Hbomberguy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's actually the best Hitman game. Barring Japan.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Oh Dear God. No I forgot about those levels. I quit. Someone else finish this let's play.

I'll try and trick wateyad into doing those levels or something.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
As an expert in lovely asian levels of hitman games i will do those missions.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!
Nice to see you guys return for more Hitman, I absolutely loved the Codename 47 LP and I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys tackle the rest of this. gently caress Japan.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I am so excited for more Hitname Codeman after I bought Absolution and never finished the tutorial level. That didn't look so bad though, since there wasn't any actual problem solving involved.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, I missed this bumbling. So much bumble. Always entertaining.

Marker17501
Jul 8, 2013
Is Clever Spambot going to do some of the levels? His playthrough of the Rotterdam level in the first Hitman game was just glorious.

Here's another promotional image for the game

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Marker17501 posted:

Here's another promotional image for the game[/url].

That's for Blood Money. The promo images for this game are way worse.

UPDATE TIME!

PART TWO
(first google image result for 'hitman 2 blingee' I have no idea what this is)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Why would you not try to go to the top of the building to snipe? That's where everyone in the movies go for sniping.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

It's actually the best Hitman game.

Wait, this isn't the Blood Money LP.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

anilEhilated posted:

You can't "bar" any levels. That whole series of levels sucks and it drags the game down.

I say this as a guy who started the series with Silent Assassin, Blood Money is the best Hitman there is. I've been amazed at how much better the series kept getting with each new game (until Absolution when it just went to poo poo).

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Oh, hey, they made that reference in the game? I'd forgotten, sweet!

For those confused by "Button Man", here's a linkie to explain stuff. Basically, it's a comic about a guy who gets dragged into the assassination business, and is a good read.

WendyO
Dec 2, 2007
As ugly, buggy, and janky as the first Hitman game was, I enjoyed it a whole lot more than Hitman 2. Large levels turn into a giant liability and hassle when strolling is part of every disguise. I liked that ultra loose, don't give a poo poo 'sure thing our hand-picked, elite, chinese bodyguard retinue includes a 7' tall bald swede' style of disguise a lot more than having to walk everywhere and avoid brushing against anything in cramped hallways.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

You can't "bar" any levels. That whole series of levels sucks and it drags the game down.

I say this as a guy who started the series with Silent Assassin, Blood Money is the best Hitman there is. I've been amazed at how much better the series kept getting with each new game (until Absolution when it just went to poo poo).

I know it's heretical, but I still enjoy playing Absolution. It's not a "real Hitman" game, but I find it fun.

Blood Money? Absolute loving best.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Oh my GOD I wish I had one of these keyboards.

Anyway here's a hitman update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeH5bxKTgkE

To get the full experience, imagine my furious key-clacking sounds are even louder and more obnoxious, and also ten times as expensive-sounding. I tried to enhance it in post but it just made my voice sound like an air horn with smoker's cough. Hope that's not a problem for you.

Special guests Paper Lion and wateyad show up because they wandered into the room at some point.

chitoryu12 posted:

I know it's heretical, but I still enjoy playing Absolution. It's not a "real Hitman" game, but I find it fun.

Blood Money? Absolute loving best.
I liked what I played of Absolution quite a bit until it spontaneously closed itself and deleted my save in the middle of a cutscene. I assume I got the bad ending.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blood Money is still the best by a mile, IMO. The levels are pretty varied and a few of them make use of crowds for the first time, which was cool. I also like the last level where you have to go into the White House and get to shove the Vice President into a trunk if you want.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I think Clever Spambot was thinking of Liquid Sky from Snatcher.

How are the controls in this game? I played about half of Blood Money and they seemed really awkward, like none of the buttons seemed to be consistent with what they did.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

Momomo posted:

I think Clever Spambot was thinking of Liquid Sky from Snatcher.

How are the controls in this game? I played about half of Blood Money and they seemed really awkward, like none of the buttons seemed to be consistent with what they did.

The controls are pretty good but can take some getting used to. Silent Assassin handles everything with a simple menu scroll which I actually think works a bit better. Blood Money had three buttons to handle picking up items/dragging bodies, dropping/throwing items, and changing clothes, in addition to also having scrollable menus spread across those three buttons. I honestly prefer the interface of Silent Assassin and Contracts to Blood Money.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Hitman controls can be awkward at first, but after a little practice they become very fluid. Silent Assassin uses a single Action button and you hold and scroll to choose from the available actions if you can do multiple things in that position (like drag a body, grab a weapon, change clothes, and open a door).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It is odd how completely not suspicious a dude crawling out of a sewer is. I guess plumbers are really well-paid?

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

NEW UPDATE TIME

Forgive the lateness of this update, Spambot and I have been busy (I have been building a set in my garage for an, erm, project)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

you should make the next update obscenely loud to go with this obscenely quiet one

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

You weren't supposed to actually stab your ears off.

It sounds fine on my end, and I've just tested it now with speakers and headphones. Is it bad for anyone else?

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah I had to turn my speakers way up to hear everything.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I thought it was fine, balance of game audio to commentary could be a slight bit more towards the commentary, but it's only really noticeable during the briefing at the start.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
rated 5 after the floppy finger penis happened

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's just not the same when Hitman's not awkwardly breaking the guy free a million times.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

I took some time out of my BUSY DAY making really quiet let's play videos to make fun of gamergate people

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I was in the middle of typing up some long-winded post in regards to Anita and the whole situation, but instead I think I'm just going to watch the video again and laugh at the moron's skulls.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

That's exactly the truth of it. I'm a professional pseudo-marxist screed writer, but realktalk the only real response to all this bullshit is to be as nice to each other as possible in a bipartisan way and just laugh at the crazy stuff. Taking it seriously is not worth it.

When someone tries to convince me that women are all sluts and destroying the world, I no longer bother trying to have a conversation with them. I can just laugh.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Where do I send my money to support this man's brand of continued hate and insanity??

Marker17501
Jul 8, 2013
So I take it that she didn't do the ice bucket challenge.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know why anyone's surprised at Mass Murderer.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Update your poo poo you poo poo hitman. Shitman.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

shitman codelame snorety7

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Spambot is busier than we expected right now, so I'm using the time to work on 'other projects'. There'll be an update, or at least video-game-related footage featuring at least one of us, very soon.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Hbomb, are you going to finish re-uploading the Two Worlds LP? Those links from the old thread where someone put it up on dropbox don't work anymore.

e: Does look like it's on baldurdash still though.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 8, 2014

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Yeah, it's up on baldurk. I can upload it on youtube if you guys want though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

Yeah, it's up on baldurk. I can upload it on youtube if you guys want though!

I'd like to see some of the Two Worlds 2 videos, I only saw half of the ones in the old thread.

• Locked thread