Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Table

The Fixtures

It's looking like a tasty round of footy lads and I hope you'll join me in watching a few of the games.

First up we have an exciting relegation scrap between newcomers Burnley and Manchester United in what we all hope to be another hilarious chapter in United's fall from grace. Sadly United were able to pick up the excellent Di Maria who won't fix their defence deficiencies but should give their midfield a much needed boost. Burnley have had a tough start to their Premier League return but haven't played that badly and could upset a few teams this season.
Ewar Woowar's Betting Tip: 1:2 United

City should make short work of Stoke at home while Newcastle should get their first three points against a Palace side now managed by terrible manager Neil Warnock. We have two potential relegation candidates up next with QPR against Sunderland in what ought to be the most disappointing game this weekend. QPR, like United, are trying to play 3-5-2 and having the same sort of success. Sunderland are a bad side that makes bad signings but should escape the drop again due to the terribleness of other teams. Jozy will not score. Swansea have made a good start to the season under inexperienced manager Garry Monk and should make it three wins from three when they play at home to West Brom.

West Ham play Southampton in a game that could really go either way. With West Ham missing Nolan Fat Sam my have to resort to playing actual football which, surprisingly, West Ham are capable of doing given some of the talent they have at their disposal. Southampton have lost a huge amount of talent this window but still boast a decent side. Whether they continue to push for Europa places will depend a lot on their newcomers but it's too early to say if they're any good or not.
Ewar Woowar's Betting Tip: 1:1

The last game of the evening sees us at Goodison as Everton play Chelsea. Everton away is always an incredibly difficult fixture and Chelsea won't be helped by the fact that they're missing their number one striker in Costa. Everton have had trouble closing games out though and Chelsea have so much quality in their squad that they'll punish any mistake at the back.
Ewar Woowar's Betting Tip: 1:1

Tomorrow we have Villa at home to Hull. Villa are awful on paper and should theoretically be in a relegation scrap this season but you never really know what you're going to get with Lambert.

We then have what is arguably the tie of the round with Tottenham hosting Liverpool at White Hart Lane. Liverpool thrashed Spurs twice last season and we all had a good laugh but Tottenham have looked sharp under Pochettino so far and this should be a much tighter game this time around. Liverpool will be missing both their starting fullbacks that played against City but this could arguably be a good thing as their possible replacements (Manquillo and Enrique) are both more defensively sound. Balotelli is likely to make his debut and I personally will hoping he does cool things on the pitch instead of bad things.
Ewar Woowar's Betting Tip: 2:2

Finally Leicester play Arsenal at home in what could be a potentially exciting match as Leicester have looked the best of the promoted teams and should back themselves to stay in the league given their competition. Given that Arsenal will be without a recognised striker it might be a good time to play them. In saying that Arsenal should have far to much quality for Leicester and pick up their second win of the season.
Ewar Woowar's Betting Tip: 0:3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Good OP, OP

Fancy a win today

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
Good OP, but what's up with the fixture times?

I'm guessing Chelsea will drop their first points today, Everton away is pretty difficult. Sadly, I can't see United losing against Burnley, hilarious as it would be.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Erland posted:

Good OP, but what's up with the fixture times?

I'm guessing Chelsea will drop their first points today, Everton away is pretty difficult. Sadly, I can't see United losing against Burnley, hilarious as it would be.

Hmm...I got that from the Guardian site but I realise now that it must know my location and give New Zealand time instead :downs:

GMT is -11 hours I believe

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa aren't playing today so I will not be posting. Instead I'll be going shopping in Birmingham.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Phwoar, look at those accurate and cool start times.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

what a hosed up time to watch football

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Phwoar, look at those accurate and cool start times.

:respek:

euroboy posted:

what a hosed up time to watch football

It sucks OP but if you can believe it it actually gets worse when daylight saving kicks in. Thankfully Liverpool, being a cool and good team, means we tend to be on earlier on the weekend or a civilized time (7am-9am) on Monday and Tuesday morning.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Neil Warnock as loving Palace manager. im still having trouble wrapping my head around it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I also have a feeling that Man United are going to have another poor result this weekend, Burnley are going to be well up for a local derby and Turf Moor will be bouncing. Burnley to win, both teams to score, Danny Ings to score at any time is my lock of the week

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hmmm I don't think I'll be staying up till 4:30 to watch Everton v Chelsea

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fully expecting the Big Angelman to score 4 (four) goals

failing this, two days still remain to spend £90m on ronald and fat ronald, they can play centre-back

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Bugger, I was going to set off for the Etihad in 3 hours, i'm going to be massively early, 12 hours early, thanks for the info op

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Think you're wrong about Jozy scoring today, QPR might just be poo poo enough for him to slip through

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I know the FA wants to promote the English brand overseas but I'm not getting up at 3am to watch li-Chester play the mighty gooners

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I watch football at those times and worse times and I don't know why

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

St Evan Echoes posted:

Good OP, OP

Fancy a win today

this, this

my brother is at the match and I'm at a stag so I hope our brave boys 2 world wars 1 world cup united united do a win and you'll all continue without my posting as normal

Zarate will do a goal but be poo poo otherwise, I reckon. Mark Noble will cry on the pitch and cut an England tattoo into himself before tearfully declaring for Ireland.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shameful plastics who can't even be arsed watching games at 3am itt, idk ijdk.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Burnley starting XI: Heaton, Trippier, Duff, Shackell, Mee, Arfield, Jones, Marney, Taylor, Ings, Jutkiewicz.

Manchester United starting XI: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Ashley Young

Ashley Young

Ashley Young

gently caress

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
United away was easier than Burnley at home. Big Jutkiewicz to score the winner.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

EvilHawk posted:

Burnley starting XI: Heaton, Trippier, Duff, Shackell, Mee, Arfield, Jones, Marney, Taylor, Ings, Jutkiewicz.

Manchester United starting XI: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie.
Phwoar, can't wait to see Fletcher standing on his own in midfield wondering why none of the front 4 are tracking back at all.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol at that back 5

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
More worried about the midfield. Fletcher is the best we have to partner Di Maria with.... in a midfield two, with Mata staying further up the pitch. I'm not expecting a win today either. And we're lucky enough to still have Valencia and Young as the best wing-back options... gently caress this poo poo.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Jones, Evans, Blackett

Three Bad Defenders

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
This is going to be fun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PirateBob posted:

More worried about the midfield. Fletcher is the best we have to partner Di Maria with.... in a midfield two, with Mata staying further up the pitch. I'm not expecting a win today either. And we're lucky enough to still have Valencia and Young as the best wing-back options... gently caress this poo poo.
i think that fletcher and di maria should be able to cope with the threat of *checks notes* jones and marney

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Cant wait to watch the jug earned oval office play some brilliant football and be let down by the wastemen in defence once again lmao.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

EvilHawk posted:

that's a mighty tasty front line

will have no problems waltzing through united's defence

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
im here im queer i am watching the foot

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ings just pinging them in for fun while jones and evans run into one another and van gaal furiously tries to sign more left backs

Carrier
May 12, 2009

cant wait for my favourite team to beat my least favourite team tomorrow

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
If Pooshited do get turned over, Di Maria will return to his mansion to weep into a 200,000 strong pile of one quid notes

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

corpuscollossus posted:

If Pooshited do get turned over, Di Maria will return to his mansion to weep into a 200,000 strong pile of one quid notes

So will I as i've put a fiver on Burnley but instead of roll around in it i'll probably go and take the gf out for a meal

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Thirteenth Step posted:

So will I as i've put a fiver on Burnley but instead of roll around in it i'll probably go and take the gf out for a meal

You should spend the money on a round for the lads instead mate.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
i can't get used to seeing angel in a united jersey

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mackintosh posted:

i can't get used to seeing angel in a united jersey

its white at least so you cant be triggering too hard.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
DAVID FISHWICK MINIBUS SALES

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

You should spend the money on a round for the lads instead mate.

i might who knows

i havent won yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
let's go the reds (in white)

• Locked thread