Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maestro81
Sep 4, 2014
What would be some good tips for someone looking to start their own corporation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klf11
Aug 17, 2014

maestro81 posted:

What would be some good tips for someone looking to start their own corporation?

do background checks on anyone you recruit, have a lowish taxrate 10-15%

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

maestro81 posted:

My advice:

Don't.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

maestro81 posted:

Keep it as far away from anything affiliated with reddit, make sure the fine upstanding chaps in any of the threads dedicated to Eve are aware of you being in good goonstanding, and include the name of your corp, its members, and see if people will hook you up with any fun things.
be careful of who you have in the corp, and don`t give roles to anyone outside a decent affiliated gooncorp.
Make sure you have a plan, and the tools for accomplishing that plan, indy, make sure you have either a hauler or a few hulks, that kind of thing,
Pvp? when word gets around you are affilliated with goons, you will be thrilled at the competition.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Ground floor.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

develop a cult of personality by holding mandatory bi weekly teamspeak meetings where you rant insanely about the mittani.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Tell everyone you won't steal all their poo poo

then steal all their poo poo that you can

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
I'd recommend asking this question in the main eve thread. They are generally very helpful in assisting newly registered forum members with basic questions like this.

I'd also recommend immediate access to the goonwaffe wiki in that thread, there is lots of good suggestions there.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Tip #1

Lurk more

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Acquire at least three professionally diagnosed mental illnesses.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

klf11 posted:

do background checks on anyone you recruit, have a lowish taxrate 10-15%

Not to mention, you know, avoiding posting in any eve related thread if you are a j4g.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
stop playing eve

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

OWLS! posted:

stop playing eve

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Don't just start a corporation, no one wants to be part of a single corporation, start a full alliance like OPERATION BLACKLIST

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Do everything outlined in this powerpoint presentation.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

maestro81 posted:

1. Spend $15 a month deriving little to no enjoyment

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Send me a PM with your contact information and I will share some tips on starting your first corporation.

- Captain Doh004

Bulshanoi
Jan 22, 2004

agent of darwin
Get to a point where you don't want to kill yourself for playing Eve. Then follow it up by not wanting to kill yourself for remapping to Memory Charisma.
If you've managed that the rest of the mechanics are pretty simple.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Ways to prove you've not lurked enough:-

• This thread.
  • This thread.

Missartaq
Sep 1, 2014

I prestiged in EVE Online, and all I have to show for it is this shitty medal.

MorsAnima posted:

Ways to prove you've not lurked enough:-

• This thread.
  • This thread.

This thread might also help new players to get started right, or at least give a pretty good clue on how NOT to do it.

Good luck with your EVE experience, it really is a great game.

-Missartaq (First advice, DON'T sign your posts).

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
1. N

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Hey fuckers all these EVE threads are making it hard for me to find and click the Official FFXIV Thread so please knock it off :argh:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Ferid posted:

Hey fuckers all these EVE threads are making it hard for me to find and click the Official FFXIV Thread so please knock it off :argh:

No.

-Missartaq

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

No.

-Missartaq

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

pseudanonymous posted:

No.

-Missartaq

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Lowtax making bank.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ferid posted:

Bookmark it?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

deadtear posted:

Bookmark it?

No.

-Missartaq

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
make missartaq a director

-Missartaq

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Retarded Goatee posted:

make missartaq a director

-Missartaq

#missartaq

Give him all your trit

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
#occupymissartaq

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Nice necro on both of those brilliant EVE threads.

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
Just don't.

People who will join you will be there to rip you off, or will be terrible at life universe and everything and you will hate them.

So just don't.

• Locked thread