Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ramadu posted:

Holy poo poo that video :stare: The NFL has to cut him right?

They knew what happened already. The video doesn't change anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Colin Cowherd just blamed video games for young men committing violent acts.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"Sandy Hook guy was a gamer, Columbine guys were gamers."

A hahahaha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Colin Cowherd says and does dumb poo poo for exactly the reaction you fuckers give every single time.

I don't understand why more people cannot see this.

I agree with you in terms of Skip Bayless, but I think Cowherd is serious most of the time.

I cannot believe the NFL couldn't get a hold of that video. That seems impossible.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dexo posted:

to be fair that dude is no longer on the team...

hahahahaha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kirios posted:

How dumb do the Ravens fans feel about giving Ray Rice a standing ovation yesterday?

look we don't even have audio yet who knows what she said to provoke him

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kirios posted:

So why did she apologize exactly? I see absolutely nothing she did in the video to justify getting knocked out.

"I'm sorry my face was in the way of Ray Rice's fist. This is inexcusable and it will not happen again."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Can we get Mark Schlereth's point of view on this situation?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-nfl-domestic-violence-video-peter-king/

quote:

To: Our readers.

An addendum to the Ray Rice coverage:

Earlier this summer a source I trusted told me he assumed the NFL had seen the damaging video that was released by TMZ on Monday morning of Rice slugging his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, in an Atlantic City elevator. The source said league officials had to have seen it. This source has been impeccable, and I believed the information. So I wrote that the league had seen the tape. I should have called the NFL for a comment, a lapse in reporting on my part. The league says it has not seen the tape, and I cannot refute that with certainty. No one from the league has ever knocked down my report to me, and so I was surprised to see the claim today that league officials have not seen the tape.

I hope when this story is fully vetted, we all get the truth and nothing but the truth.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dear god,

please make ray rice stop hitting women

love, america

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Now begins the countdown: Will another team contact Rice?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This story is a huge bummer from start to finish. I'm sad for Rice's wife, I'm sad that Rice did what he did, and I'm sad that the NFL is run by bad people.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't even understand how covering this up and going so easy on Rice was supposed to benefit the league.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

haljordan posted:

If that second video hadn't been released, this would've been forgotten about by Week 3 at the latest.

If they banned Rice as soon as they saw the video people would have stopped talking about this months ago.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

football fuckerman posted:

Making sure he can still support his family is his loving business, not the league's or the ravens'

Chris Carter was dancing around this this morning.

"How are they supposed to move on, raise kids?" type stuff.

poor broke Ray rice how will he survive

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Won't Goodell have to be forced out by team owners? I don't have a lot of faith in them to do the right thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Omar Kelly weighs in.

@OmarKelly: To @ScottSalomon if her daddy/momma are good with Rice, and she's good with Rice, who are you and I to object?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

football fuckerman posted:

lmao it's really embarrassing that the miami herald employs him

@OmarKelly: Two months ago everyone was cutting up about Solange going HAM on Jay-Z. I didn't hear one person say she needed to be charged.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Everything you support financially is bad in some way hth

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jackie D posted:

Football is just as necessary in day to day life as clothing and a vehicle

This is going to turn into a really pointless derail and I think we should move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Aw the new probation avatar is adorable.

• Locked thread