Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Garbo posted:

It's weird. In dire financial straits in the 90s they retooled things and were willing to give people a chance. Now? Double down harder on Cena and Reigns.
Well there was competition back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SlothBear posted:

You know it's free on Hulu right?
Hulu is kind of poo poo though, at least from my experience

Someone going to do a pickem prediction thread this week?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I think NOC will exceed expectations and be good, especially if the Cena Brock match has a 5 minute trading German suplexes spot. Also the Reigns and Rollins will probably be even better than the one on Raw.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

WWE sucks a whole lot.
And just think there are things worse than this, like multiple things not just TNA.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

ROH TV is on every week
I keep forgetting to watch it even though its really good most of the time :(

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Prozach posted:

I don't want to feel nervous heading into a scripted event but that's exactly how I feel. There are so many different ways that WWE can screw up and damage the people I want to see irreparably. Ambrose can turn heel for no reason, the two best Divas could phase out of existence, rapadooing could potentially occur, Cesaro...well Cesaro's already hosed.
All Cesaro has to do is start winning matches and perform feats of strength to get back being over.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I think WWE Monopoly: the board game was something that existed.
Not really surprised it exists I mean there is a Monopoly game for Superbowl XL

Prozach posted:

Winning the US title is the ultimate Catch 22 though. Great you're the United States champ, good luck riding that "momentum".

At least it's better than Fella rapadoo, which I'm pretty confident is gonna be the outcome.
Man I feel bad for Sheamus now that he is basically the Irish John Cena even though he usually has great singles matches.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

have you tried to do a bridge? it's hard
Especially when the person sandbags you because they don't want to take a German Suplex.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I just realize they will probably give back Rollins his win back/heat back for a rematch on SD.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Burt Buckle posted:

If Brock Lesnar doesn't beat John Cena I will shove the entirety of Cenation up my butt. That's how certain I am that Brock will win. It would just be bad storytelling and a monumental failure to NOT let Ambrose, Reigns, DB, or some new person be the one to beat Brock.
It really is going to suck when everyone tries to convince Vince that Cena would be really really stupid and he just ignores it all because he is so bought into Cena.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have to say I genuinely believe that say, HHH would try to talk Vince out of having Cena win the title. So maybe that'll help. :unsmith:
Hopefully Cena will stand up and say he should job, hell he should have probably told Vince not to destroy Bray the way he did 3 weeks ago

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

That will literally never happen in any situation under any circumstances.
What if some make a wish kid told him to do more jobs?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Rusev's thing where he's the unstoppable monster who only barely beats midcarders who haven't been pushed in five years is also idiotic poo poo booking.
I mean its the perfect analogy to Russia really

NienNunb posted:

Don't waste $60 on the Network. Buy cool things instead like beer or Nintendo games.
What if I don't drink and don't play Nintendo games then :smugbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Sockser posted:

You're from Pittsburgh. I know for a fact that those are the only two things you do :smugbert:
Look I'm paranoid at the idea of not having any control of what I say, I say stupid poo poo sober and have been to many parties with my parents, I know how I would be drunk and its something I don't want to happen to me.

I mean the saddest thing to happen in my life was me ordering a chocolate milk at a sports bar with my parents instead of booze or even pop.

Also I grew up on the PS2 like a real man and played cool games like Ratchet and Clank, and Jak 2 and Sly Cooper and uh some of the early Medal of Honor Games, and uhhhh Smackdown vs Raw 2006. :smug:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I know I should have ordered a water like I normally do now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Why would you admit this?
Because it was 3 years ago and I thought it was funny at my expense.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

pigz posted:

Where is the discussion of Dean Turning and the Cena/Rusev program coming from?
Goons getting all doom and gloom sky is falling because WWE is mediocre/bad right now even though the PPV should still be good wrestling wise. Though the Cena/Rusev thing comes from Big Dave along with his report that Lesnar might lose even though that might be him getting false info.

Mr_Happy_Pants posted:

Anyone who 'grew up' on the PS2 is not yet old enough to class themselves as grown up.

If your favourite wrestling game ISN'T WWF Superstars on the original Game Boy then you're a babby and should go back to your Cena merch stand.

:spergin:
Not my fault I had to grit my teeth and wait 11 years before I could get my first video game console while playing N64 at my friends house and sucking at Super Smash Brothers/Golden Eye.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Nattie ruled when it was her and Beth wrecking poo poo.
Did they really wreck poo poo, all I remember is the two of them looking like chumps to Kelly Kelly all the time losing rollup after rollup

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/exclusive-interviews-with-michael-cole

Brock wants to kill Michael Cole :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Oh god, Meltzer's comments about her in this week's Observer are pretty cringeworthy. I kinda get what he's saying, but I disagree with a big chunk of it, and he phrases it awfully.
How does he phrase it?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The early 90s were a magical time

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Prepare yourself for disappointment!

Can't wait for the Ascension to debut and everyone to get pissed off

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Wow, an Usos-Ascension feud is going to be loving horrible.
Its all come back full circle since one of the first tag feuds in NXT was the Usos vs Ascension. As long as they get enough time and its not a prolonged squash match it should be fine.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I want the team that is good to be squashed by the team that is lousy.
But but the Usos aren't good at jumping over the ropes and are like John Cena :qq:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

What's so bad about the Ascension?
They are okay and only look horribly boring because most of their run at NXT consisted of 2-4 minute squash matches and they do a total elimination finisher which is a move I didn't know was that hated.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

So we get Bryan and Reigns returning at the Rumble. gently caress, that means Reigns is probably winning.
Nah isn't Bryan probably going to return around Survivor Series?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

actually you will find that listening to metal makes you a huge nerd
Hey man I'm no nerd, now if you excuse I'm going to listen some Manowar singing about dwarves running down the mountains and crushing orcs with their warhammers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Bring Back Noid posted:

Uhh, MANOWAR's best work is clearly about how cool MANOWAR is...
Well that's because they are, I mean who else comes up with a 28 minute song that adapts the Iliad better than the movie Troy? :colbert:

Luigi Thirty posted:

Big Dave said their plan B fell through and they're still in panic mode figuring out what to do.
Wait what was their plan B?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Someone actually brought something interesting about Reigns and how this surgery might help him out a bit

quote:

Weirdly enough, this actually confirms something I've been hearing about the internet for a couple of years now, namely that Reign's has been working with a weakened back since his football days, which is why he always had help getting the person up for the triple powerbomb and never did the "bend over, wrench him up" part himself. If you notice in his moveset, he does a really good job of avoiding moves in which he has to bend over and then lift the person, always keeping his back straight. If so, hope this resolves some of his underlying medical issues.

Probably bullshit though

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's doing a promotional tour for them in India.

Also TNA may actually finally be dead now, Tommy Dreamer and other guys tweeted "great working with such a talented crew" messages and supposedly they laid off their live events crew last night. Vince will take the Hardys back now that they're not insane drug addicts, right?
Also take back the Dudleys so they can have nostalgia tag matches for a little bit

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Almost cried laughing during the main event finish. WWE is #realbad
I know this company that is so much better, its called Impact and you can catch it LIVE on Weds Nights!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

It really sucks for the Usos/Dust Bros match that all they had to do was have Stardust lift the knees and then hit his finisher on the Uso and that would be a good finish. I mean why can't that happen, it isn't like setting up a finisher would take as much time as a rollup. It isn't like the Usos losing via a finisher doesn't invalidate their rematch clause.

Also the ending of the main event really felt like Vince didn't want Cena to lose again because that would in his eyes destroy all his credibility. Though I still think Brock would have kicked out of that AA in 2.9 seconds and then get back to dominating Cena, hit a couple of F5's and win. Again I'm fine with Cena vs Brock III HIAC blowoff match since it will probably be a brutal match where Cena uses the Cell to level the playing field.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm guessing we see Sheamus drop the belt to Cesaro in a rematch tonight so he can move up the card until Reigns gets back.
I'm trying to think of guys who can face Brock after the Cena match and after last night, both Sheamus and Cesaro are up there; hell I kind of want to see Swagger fight Brock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Also a dig on the seemingly missing giant swing that he never does.
He's actually pulls out from time to time lately, but on shows no one watches like Main Event. Also if you are heel its pretty good way to get heel heat by teasing and then denying the audience the move they want to see.

NienNunb posted:

Please watch New Japan Pro Wrestling.
I always forget to along with ROH TV; better turn in my IWC badge

• Locked thread