Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Do the Christian Rurikids get a monthly piety bonus from controlling the Bektashi Order?

By the way, your LPs are always awesome Mr.Morgenstern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I never played her, but that's because I didn't know about her. Right now I'm busy with a Norse playthrough with the new tribal mechanics, and after that I want to try out one of the Karling brothers for the story events.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Hmm, crusades unlocked from the start and you are playing a heresy.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
You should throw your tutor into prison and let her rot there until she dies.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
A It's too rare to see somebody play the Poles.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Yeah, just don't ever agree to the AI giving out your titles. I don't even know if they do it better if the characters that ask you have good traits (just, diligent, honest, etc.). But it's just never a good idea and I don't understand why Paradox added this to the game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Nothing beats Muslim merchant republics, from being able to hold every single holding in your capital personally, to having up to four wives to pop out males for a high trade post limit, to the insane gold boost from low decadence.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So did you play them from the CM start to give us this state of the world? With a helpful dose of safe editing/console shenanigans?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AJ_Impy posted:

Ha'Aretz Eireann.

This sounds like it is the proper combination of Jewish and Irish.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cathulhu posted:

There is no option but B here.

No, that's boring, we already have a Jewish Israel LP.

Voting for the Andalusian Liberation Act.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Polish feudalism.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Guys, we have one of the very few 7-holding provinces with our capital of Kiev. I believe there are less than a dozen 7-holding provinces in the whole game. But it's a landlocked province, meaning it can never be the capital of a merchant republic. Why do you want to throw that away?

It also will be a strange "polish" republic if our capital is on the coast of the Black Sea.

Edit: I looked it up, here are 14 7-holding provinces out of 1437 in the whole game.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 30, 2014

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

NeoAnjou posted:

I think do whatever you think makes for the best plot. Republics are cool, but so would a pagan kingdom taking on Europe.

One thing to note though - I've had problems with the latest official patch when playing as a feudal monarchy and trying to build additional castles/towns/churches in tribal provinces. It always crashes-to-desktop. Not too much of a problem, but worth noting.

You are not supposed to build additional holdings in tribal lands anyway. Empty holding slots give a tax and troop bonus to the tribe itself, and until you reform it's WAD that you can't build in them.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Iberia is a good stepping stone.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Ugh, getting the Saffarids gunning for you this soon :(

But it's nice seeing somebody play an LP in this region. As for your Jewish merchant republic, you've already reached the point where you are invincible. Just leave the file up for the chance that somebody else might want to finish it (conquering Israel is the only thing that remains anyway), and don't feel bad for concentrating on your Afghanistan LP.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I like the more unorthodox style of the LP's in this thread.

Looking forward to your update, AdventFalls.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AdventFalls posted:

Would anyone give advice/tell me how to mod in a custom non-Tengri horde? I should probably have picked an easier event to try for a first attempt.

Ugh, good luck with that. I would try to ask in the main thread, the guy who made After the End or the guy who made Sonedar may be able to help you out.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AdventFalls posted:

>The agreement to not persecute Jews was a gentleman’s bargain between the Turovs and the Kievychs. With the Turovs out of power it’s open season. What about taking advantage of the chaos in the Mideast to give them a safe haven?

This is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I've never seen merchant republics wanting a share of your trade expedition profits before.

• Locked thread