Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Serisothikos posted:

Someone tell me where I can buy the cheapest knockoff jerseys in :btroll: sizes to perform on this toxx

Alternatively can I get a "not a jersey but a shirsey" exception and donate some additional amount (say, $100 or so) to charity to make up the cost difference?

The moral of the story: never believe HAS when they whine about their team.

How averse are you to buying stuff from alibaba.com? Cheapo Chinese knock-offs are anywhere from 15-20 bux.

HAS's charities of choice include Dans la Rue and Montreal Children's Hospital I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

yellowcar posted:

How averse are you to buying stuff from alibaba.com? Cheapo Chinese knock-offs are anywhere from 15-20 bux.

HAS's charities of choice include Dans la Rue and Montreal Children's Hospital I believe.

Pretty averse but I'll look into it I guess. I'd probably go for Dans la Rue for the alternative.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Duke Chin posted:

I've been looking for that old, lovely Fraisers MSPAINT jersey someone did years ago to no avail as well.

In the meantime:

And my personal favorite:

As much as I would love a Fraiser jersey, I gave 0 artistic talent and I feel it should have at least something to do with hockey. I submit for your approval:

SOON (big, red etc)
I will also take the stance of moving the Coyotes to Seattle for the duration, whenever I would normally defend their staying.

e: If that is no good, I'll just slap up the Fraiser logo and call it a day.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Playoff Edition: If the Ducks win the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup I will propose to my partner of 5+ years :gay:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

darkwolf220 posted:

As much as I would love a Fraiser jersey, I gave 0 artistic talent and I feel it should have at least something to do with hockey. I submit for your approval:

SOON (big, red etc)
I will also take the stance of moving the Coyotes to Seattle for the duration, whenever I would normally defend their staying.

e: If that is no good, I'll just slap up the Fraiser logo and call it a day.

DukeChin Approved™

joke-Alternatively:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 12, 2015

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

This actually legit cool

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

joke-Alternatively:

Wow, done.

e: If certain events pan out the way I think they might, this might end up being the most ironic av ever.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 12, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Jedimastafez posted:

Playoff Edition: If the Ducks win the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup I will propose to my partner of 5+ years :gay:

Congratulations on your upcoming proposal.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Let's get this straight, Sports Argument Stadium. The Anaheim Ducks are going to win the Stanley Cup. Not soon, not over the next couple of years. This year. 2015 champions.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Austrian mook posted:

Let's get this straight, Sports Argument Stadium. The Anaheim Ducks are going to win the Stanley Cup. Not soon, not over the next couple of years. This year. 2015 champions.

Making such a bold claim, in the toxx thread, without toxxing yourself to it. A bold choice.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
If the Anaheim Ducks don't win the Stanely Cup, I will not post in any NHL SAS thread for the remainder of the playoffs, and the offseason immediately following it. :toxx:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Hawks, did indeed, make the playoffs.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Philly finished in 6th place in their division, but because I'm an awesome dude, I'm going to donate $50 to a Philly-area charity anyway. Will post proof after I get my next paycheck (next Weds.)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

If the Anaheim Ducks don't win the Stanely Cup, I will not post in any NHL SAS thread for the remainder of the playoffs, and the offseason immediately following it. :toxx:

I think you just made a whoooooooole lotta Jets fans.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Jedimastafez posted:

Do it while wearing a GoPro™

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

GO JETS

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
I need more HAS members to make a ruling on jersey vs. shirsey-and-donation.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
If we arent making a new thread, can this one be renamed

NHL 2015 Playoff Toxx Thread: Go Jets

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Serisothikos posted:

I need more HAS members to make a ruling on jersey vs. shirsey-and-donation.

I have no objections to shirsey+donation if that is the easier route for you.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Austrian mook posted:

J - E - T - S GO PEG GO!

darkwolf220 posted:

Wow, done.

e: If certain events pan out the way I think they might, this might end up being the most ironic av ever.

There's a small part of me that wouldn't mind it if Seattle does steal borrow the Sonics' colors for whatever hopefully expansion (not your) team ends up here

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 13, 2015

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

yellowcar posted:

Do it while wearing a GoPro™

Too tacky but I will get someone to covertly film it if it comes to that. Austrian mook seems to have jinxed it now though.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Go Jets go.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jedimastafez posted:

Please do not die alone because of your poor hockey team fandom choice.

:toxx: I'll donate 50$ to St. Mary's in Ottawa (they support pregnant teens) for every round Ottawa wins, and an extra 100$ if they win the cup.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Naet posted:

Gustav Nyquist will score 30 goals this season.

Do I make an avatar bet? Or do I follow in VJeff, RWAS tradition and offer to write an insane amount of essays detailing the exploits of everyone who outscores Gus if he doesn't hit 30?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I feel like a fitting punishment for a wings fan is an avatar/something related to the sincere praise of Kyle Quincey

Bilirubin posted:

You are an evil man.

As a Wings fan I accept that :toxx:

27 goals. Really came on at the end.

Ahem.

The Kitchlander.

Forget Doug Gilmour. Don Cherry--who?
The Tragically Hip are forgettable too.
The real hero of the end of the Lake,
Would have been friends with Dallas Drake.
(if we were still a Wing)

I'm talking about the scion of the line,
He who makes Jon Ericsson shine,
Streaking to pinch again, right there, see?
The hero of Kitchner, Kyle Quincey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fnu8lRK_uA

Should you try to score on Howard, or I guess now Mrazek,
He will be there to give you heck.
A crushing hip check, hahaha who are we kidding,
More likely a slew foot into the netting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlrBnngTJ10

Should you object to his defense, he'll answer that bell,
Do not expect him to crawl into a shell.
And goals, what goals, he scores them in braces,
That means three, and from all sorts of places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWG2hI8xpto

So stand up and cheer for this man from Kitchner,
Not Sittler, or Stevens, I'm talking the Quincer!
Now the playoffs are here, for year 24,
Give us your all Kyle, don't be a bore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCwDPM18i10

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Looking for anyone Wild fans who want to engage in a first round bet. I'll get whatever Wild av you want if they win and vice versa if the Blues win.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Mike_V posted:

Looking for anyone Wild fans who want to engage in a first round bet. I'll get whatever Wild av you want if they win and vice versa if the Blues win.

let's go

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

OK, although it's a shame that if the Blues end up winning your current av will go away.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
:toxx: if the canucks/flames series doesn't go to game 7 OT and the winner doesn't go on to win the stanley cup, i'll change my lovely av/title

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Mike_V posted:

OK, although it's a shame that if the Blues end up winning your current av will go away.

Just have that N* logo morph into the Dallas logo over and over with the same text.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bilirubin posted:

27 goals. Really came on at the end.

Ahem.

The Kitchlander.

Forget Doug Gilmour. Don Cherry--who?
The Tragically Hip are forgettable too.
The real hero of the end of the Lake,
Would have been friends with Dallas Drake.
(if we were still a Wing)

I'm talking about the scion of the line,
He who makes Jon Ericsson shine,
Streaking to pinch again, right there, see?
The hero of Kitchner, Kyle Quincey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fnu8lRK_uA

Should you try to score on Howard, or I guess now Mrazek,
He will be there to give you heck.
A crushing hip check, hahaha who are we kidding,
More likely a slew foot into the netting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlrBnngTJ10

Should you object to his defense, he'll answer that bell,
Do not expect him to crawl into a shell.
And goals, what goals, he scores them in braces,
That means three, and from all sorts of places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWG2hI8xpto

So stand up and cheer for this man from Kitchner,
Not Sittler, or Stevens, I'm talking the Quincer!
Now the playoffs are here, for year 24,
Give us your all Kyle, don't be a bore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCwDPM18i10

We will just kind of forget I confused Kingston with Kitchner in the first stanza--I have not lived in Ontario for a while :suicide:

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??

Ok, I am willing to participate in my first :toxx: .... If the Anaheim Ducks lose to Winnipeg in the first round Jets Argument Stadium can chose a Ducks player anagram(name change) and avatar for said player for me

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Duke Chin posted:

Just have that N* logo morph into the Dallas logo over and over with the same text.

You dastardly gently caress

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You dastardly gently caress

[furtively twirls evil mustache whilst missing out on playoff hockey with the added bonus of not having any local hockey for the rest of the season/summer]

...:sigh:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

If Devante Smith-Pelly gets more points than Jiri Sekac by the end of the playoffs I'll buy a DSP av with red text reading THERRIEN WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG :toxx:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I haven't forgotten about my regular season bet, just tracking down some coloured pencils. I know I have a bag of 'em around here somewhere and I'm too proud to buy new ones.

If the Canadiens eliminate the Senators, I will carry a "Go Habs" sign up Elgin St. from Catherine to the War Memorial, cheering "GO HABS GO" between Nepean & Gladstone, while wearing a Canadiens Sens sweater.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 17, 2015

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

flakeloaf posted:

I haven't forgotten about my regular season bet, just tracking down some coloured pencils. I know I have a bag of 'em around here somewhere and I'm too proud to buy new ones.

If the Canadiens eliminate the Senators, I will carry a "Go Habs" sign up Elgin St. from Catherine to the War Memorial, cheering "GO HABS GO" between Nepean & Gladstone, while wearing a Canadiens sweater.

Let me know when. I might be able to record video of the trek.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

If the Rangers beat the Pens in <5 games, I'll change my av/title to something Pens-disparaging and/or Rangers-endorsing at the suggestion of RAS. Kind of want to hold off on committing to something specific at this point, as I'm sure the series will provide plenty of fodder for a future av. :toxx:

Any Rags fans want to match up on this one with me? If the Pens win (or if you're feeling gutsy, if the Rags take >5 games to win) you get a lovely av? Again, av itself is tbd pending the inevitable hilarious moments of the series. Realistically, there's a pretty solid chance that it'd be Tanner Glass related.

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??

yellowcar posted:

If Devante Smith-Pelly gets more points than Jiri Sekac by the end of the playoffs I'll buy a DSP av with red text reading THERRIEN WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG :toxx:

DSP was a beast for the Ducks in the playoffs last year and wouldn't be surprised if he repeats the performance

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dak02 posted:

DSP was a beast for the Ducks in the playoffs last year and wouldn't be surprised if he repeats the performance

This year's Bork!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
David Desharnais will match or exceed his regular season PPG in these playoffs. :toxx:

If he fails to do so I will get an avatar of him looking sad with the caption "MUST BE THIS TALL TO ENTER PLAYOFFS
SORRY DAVID" or some slightly more humorous variation thereof.

• Locked thread