Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And they covered the Laurel problem.

Laurel is ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gaussian posted:

Was it :argh: who killed her?

I bet it was Ray Palmer. :aaaaa:

edit: breakneck, nice vvvv

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Mog posted:

Or how Moira saved thousands of lives?

I mean technically she did, but everyone that died was still her fault for not speaking out until the last second. I'm glad shes dead :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Warmachine posted:

It took you goons too drat long to come to this.

:tinfoil: Ra's al Ghul has her killed/kills her for ~reasons~. Nyssa is definitely not happy about her SO getting iced, so that creates a schism in the family. Furthermore, Ra's still values Sara's ability, so he dunks her in a pit, which also serves to damage her psyche and make her a bit more evil. :tinfoil:

We're definitely getting :flashfact:back Sara. Her past will come into play. And I'm willing to put chips on her coming back to life later, probably crazy.

:toxx: or :frogout:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

deimos posted:

Still not sure how an observation/comment about a curiosity on a fingernail due to angle/perception turned the thread into this but good god, I am sorry I ever brought it up.

At first I thought it was a joke post. Now I'm just going to assume it was and this is still part of that joke.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scyantific posted:

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/15/how-warner-bros-justice-league-plans-kill-dc-television-and-movi/

We already know most of what's said in the article (Amell said it himself that DCTV and DCFilm would not be cohesive), but there was this inside the article:

Hopefully these plans work out and we'll have a way to get more Manu Bennett on TV :woop:

FE: Also, some of the replies there are in such deep denial ("but Crisis guys, it's gonna connect the two universes!").

I'm down for more Crixus and Black Dynamite on tv.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

Can we have a repeat of the Torque motorcycle fight tia?

So disappointed there weren't giant PEPSI and MTN DEW signs behind them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

Personally I just want to see more archer fights. Hopefully Barrowman and Oliver square off for a second next episode

Then Thea shows up and wacks Ollie in the head with her kendo sword.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

Ollie vs Deathstroke

"I can't beat him, I've tried everything! [bows and arrows]"

I hope the final episode is him finally picking up a gun and going "Oh man this is so much better." Then the credits roll

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oliver should try using a crossbow. Or a repeating crossbow. Just keep trying anything that isn't a gun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 20, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wouldn't be much of a fight if Barry had a knife. Or gun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

Wow,so this is a gun! This is so much easier, I should have been using this the whole time!

I like that Oliver is pro as gently caress with guns, but chooses to use a shittier weapon. Needs to make it a little challenging.

Dead Snoopy posted:

Was I NOT supposed to be laughing hysterically at her failure?

When abusive boyfriend got into the car I yelled out, "now back up and finish the job"

No I laughed too. C'mon Laurel, you got the jump on him and still got your rear end beat.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I am so glad that Laurel shut that line down again, because it really is tired and annoying.

Oliver you are dumb as gently caress and everyone else was right. Kill Merlyn you idiot.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VBane posted:

Everyone saying Ollie should let Merlyn die regardless of whether he killed Sara or not is overlooking a major angle to this. If Merlyn is right and The League itself was behind it, Merlyn is his only source of inside information on them other than Nyssa, who would never believe it or help. If he dies, so does valuable intel about a powerful enemy.

Enemy to who? Even if they did kill Sara, they aren't going to start killing people in Starling city. Kill Merlyn, sorry Sara your death goes unavenged. And what makes you think Malcolm can be trusted besides using everyone for his own means?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VBane posted:

But in this case that would be using an enemy that has sworn not to kill him to eliminate an enemy that has sworn to kill him. He'd want them to succeed.

And I think Ollie would consider and organization of assassins that's killed in his city before, kidnapped his sister and possibly murdered a member of his team who he loved, an enemy.

The league only wants to kill Oliver because he is retarded and told them Merlyn was under his protection or whatever. And I'm sure the League has no interest in the arrow or Starling City once they kill Merlyn.

Oliver you are dumb stop making bad decisions.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Sexy Waller is way better than fat Waller.

Classic Waller best Waller. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VDay posted:

Yeah I have no problems with Oliver letting Merlyn go and am kind of surprise that people seem to be having this negative of a reaction to it. It's totally flimsy comic book logic, but I don't see what's so egregious about Oliver not wanting to break his vows in order to kill his sister's new-found father who, despite everything he's done in the past, does in fact love her and will do everything he can to protect her. That's a fairly believable and much more difficult decision than the "Hey he's a bad guy shoot him you dummy" scenario people are making it out to be. Then again we've apparently also made up our minds on how bad this Ra's is going to be based on his (admittedly awkward) introduction so maybe it's just going to be that type of week.

:psyduck:

He is a mass murderer. He killed hundreds of people in the glades including Tommy(:rip:). But sure he says he cares about Thea so clearly Oliver should let him go. I guess Oliver should just take him at his word since he clearly means it(obviously we as the viewer know better, but c'mon Oliver).

Diggle was right, the world is better off without him.

edit: or at least don't put him under your protection in case he is lying about not killing Sara. Let the league kill him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 30, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

This is such a loving weird picture because seriously how old is her mom suppose to be

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/31/arrow-first-look-at-felicity-smoaks-mom/

Woah, Charlotte Ross is 46 , holy crap she must have access to a Lazarus pit.

That is appropriate attire for meeting your estranged daughter.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

It is a little unclear who or what exactly Oliver has been fighting against ever since he beat Slade. What even is the Arrow's goal anymore? To just arrest two-bit hoodlums forever?

I liked it better when he was murdering people on the list. :colbert:

I guess his current goal is to be stupid and protect Malcolm from the league.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That about sums up the last scene.

Also :lol: when Oliver was describing what a bad guy Merlyn is. Good thing you aren't protecting him or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Drifter posted:

Hey guys, I'm hacking things. Hack Hack Hackety Hack.

Hack Hack Hackin' all the stuff. Hack Hack Hack. I'm Hackin'.

Whoa better slow down on all the hacking or they will counterhack you with prison!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Whizbang posted:

Ray's office is in there too, it's just very small.

:golfclap:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tactical garter belt. At least there isn't a boob window.

Drifter posted:

She looks pretty cool, but how are they getting by on her not having any training? Hrmmm. I saw her trying to punch last episode and she almost broke MY wrists was how bad her form was.

I think that's a great look, all things considered, however.

Wasn't that the whole point? To show that she is crap. Even Wildcat said so.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

There's a pretty big difference between spending your nights taking boxing lessons/getting into streetfights and literally fighting for your life while people try to kill you.

Roy's a little different because he grew up on the streets, man. So there was already a base of "streetsmarts" knew how to take and throw a punch, etc. He learned focus and patience from Oliver more than anything.

Thea's deal seems way more about how it changed her as a person, not that she's now ready to start fighting super soldiers by herself.

Do you think he leaned his kickin' rad flip skills on the street?

also

Drifter posted:

I don't think she's using that right.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Not a bad episode but this season is really lacking for momentum thusfar. I don't feel like either the Hong Kong or Starling plots are actually going anywhere or building towards anything. Hopefully they fix that soon.

Yea I really liked the flashbacks in S1 and 2. But this Hong Kong stuff has been terrible. Mostly why the gently caress would Amanda Waller need to use Oliver? Surely she can get anyone to do these boring retarded tasks.

Deakul posted:

"I'm Cupid, stupid."

She sounded pretty loving crazy when she said that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 13, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OmniBeer posted:

Also definitely not getting the point of this DJ subplot, but, hey. We'll see I suppose.

We said that about the Hong Kong flashbacks too. :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rapeface posted:

This show was always "just ok" for me, and this season really isn't bringing it. The Hong Kong flashbacks are boring as hell, there's no overarching plot or villain to tie the episodes together and the characters and world are getting even smaller. They seem to be stuck with one-off stereotypical crime targets before going back to the status quo. All we seem to get is a one liner about weapons being taken off the street or something, but we don't actually get to see Starling City get made a better place because we barely spend any time in the world outside of dimly lit fight scenes and the hideout.

Flash is much better imo (though the last episode was a bit weak). Part of it is the action in The Flash is more sci-fi fantasy stuff, whereas Arrow tries to be gritty and realistic and just looks fake and dumb. I think the other part is that The Flash has more people you can empathize with, as opposed to Arrow, where just about every major character decides to give up their life to hide in a dark basement and fight crime with no money that doesn't seem to make any meaningful difference or is Felicity. But the Brandon Roth/Felicity office scenes aren't terribly interesting either because, since day one, you could replace all the scenes with "Brandon Roth is (not very) charming and also planning something, Felicity is growing closer to him and further away from Ollie".

Maybe I just don't find Oliver a very complex or interesting character and everything comes from that. Ashur just appeared though, so I'm going to stick around for a few more episodes. Boomerang is dumb as hell, but I give leeway for (what I assume is) comic book stuff. Hope the crossover stuff doesn't make The Flash bad!

Yea this season has been very weak so far. Especially the Hong Kong stuff. Man is it boring and completely pointless.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He never should have stopped killing people. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

At least a few of those were self defense.

How many people did he murder by Florida law?

I don't recall him killing any black bodyguards.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

Arrow is kind of losing me this season. It seems like it wanted to tone it down for a bit, I guess for when Ras shows up to crank it up again, but it also isn't really doing anything all that interesting either. The flashback sequences are in the same boring holding pattern as well so I don't even get that to stay interested. I don't really expect every episode to connect the overarching plot for the season - Season 2 of Arrow didn't and The Flash isn't either and both were/are great - but entire plot threads have been dropped for way too long to keep interest in them, Thea especially. We see her training as a ninja or whatever and now she's just back at the nightclub and dealing with CW's idea of a top notch DJ? Ugh. It's quite possible I might just be an impatient idiot because its only been 3 episodes since we've seen Ras but those 3 episodes haven't really been all that great, even as filler episodes go.

Hopefully the crossover picks Arrow back up.

I agree. So far this season has been worse than the S1 huntress arc. I said it :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phylodox posted:

In five years, when we're gearing up for the big Arrow/Flash/Agents of SHIELD/Amazing Spider-Man/Wolverine crossover episode event, we're gonna look back at tomorrow and remember how it all started.

Flash vs The Arrow vs Supergirl next year.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

XboxPants posted:

It bothers me, too. :colbert:

Not because I think one way is right or more accurate or anything, mind you, but just because I grew up hearing it said one way, in a really awesome show, so that's what I'm used to now. :smith:

Apparently both ways it's pronounced are wrong! :eng101:

I like the current way because it makes people very angry.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

enraged_camel posted:

I personally don't like it when they show dead characters in flashbacks. Knowing that the character is dead in the present makes it difficult for me to care about their past.

But what if she isn't really dead :tinfoil:

Happy Birthday Nyssa, I dug up the corpse of your dead girlfriend and revived her for you! - Ras

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

I just I thought that you know he'd like at least maybe do something but no, Ras totally loving owned his rear end and stabbed him through the heart then threw him off a mountain.

Was a good 2 1/2 seasons though.

Hoping they play this out where Oliver is missing for months while the Atom takes over being the hero of Starling City.

Um you guys are forgetting about Roy and Black Driver. Starling city will be saved by stunt flipping and drifting a panel van in the streets.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ras didn't kill the dog :colbert:

Ras didn't bang May. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

No but it does actually make you insane. They're totally going that route as well i think, cause seriously Ras said " 67 years", that's crazy.

The only one who can stop Ollie now is Slade on a fresh batch of mirakuru. :getin:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

If its from the New Zealand teaser, it's meant to look like that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

PPPPS, I almost got the family business back but my friend Felicity accidentally gave the other bidder access to all our inside information and he renamed the last connection we had to our dead parents' legacy.

I sure wish you weren't having a hissy fit last season and chose to sign the documents instead of costing us billions and our family legacy. Oh well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Drifter posted:

The Queen legacy was done with once his mom was convicted of collaborating with the Earthquake machine.

Also she was about to become mayor before she quit the race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Unless the entire sentence Malcolm was saying is "Oliver Queen is dead but I am bringing him back in 3 episodes", I don't see how that scene doesn't end with Diggle filling his face with bullets while Roy flips around.

• Locked thread