Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Groucho Marxist posted:

smh if you didn't watch the finebaum iron bowl simulcast

Seriously. Both the best expert commentary and most entertaining "additions" you could ask for. McElroy killed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thoguh posted:

Pretty sure Bielema just farted.

That's a bet you'll never lose money on.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
AND NOW: THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF HOEDOWN, WITH LAURA HALL AND LINDA TAYLOR!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piJaxkCo19o

Saban:
I have nothing but respect for these guys, but you know it very well,
The only way the Tide can lose is if we beat ourselves.
But hey--if the worst comes to pass and we lose to Urban Meyer,
I can always cheer myself up by dropping Kiffin in a fryer.

Meyer:
Everybody here thinks I've got my back against the wall,
They're all wondering if my weak heart can take the fall.
But I've made great quarterbacks from a saint, a choker, and a runner--
And I'll keep making winners even if I have to fish them out a dumpster!

Fisher:
I'm getting really angry about getting no respect,
Especially after we beat the titans known as Georgia Tech.
The Ducks are looking cocky but you know I've got a Heisman QB too,
And once you're where he wants you there's no way he'll be refused.

Helfrich:
Mariotta came up to me, he was looking very tense,
He said coach you know that the Pac-12 can't play defense.
I thought about his concerns and came up with this retort,
Just thank your lucky stars that you're not going to Shreveport!

All: NOT GOING TO SHREEEVEPOOOOOORT!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Cowbells have been authorized for the Orange Bowl

:getin: CLANGA

loving why

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
The vuvuzela comparison is spot on. I don't care who's doing it, or the tradition, it's loving obnoxious. Nobody wants a football game to sound like a Salvation Army doorman convention except the people trying to use them to annoy other teams and make nuisances of themselves.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Not only that but our lovely quarterback we thought would start four games set the school record for yards and has the best QBR outside of Mariotta

I'll be okay if we lose after making this far, honest. Winning the SEC was pretty cool.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

You have to crush Ohio St and then lose to Oregon. It is decided.

I'm pretty sure Ohio St is the only team that stands a chance of beating us tbh. Florida State is... no. And I think Oregon would just be blindsided. The Buckeyes have been through a hell of a lot this year and even though Urban Meyer probably couldn't care less that's probably given their team a lot of unity and toughness.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Fluffdaddy posted:

What's wrong with wearing a polo of your alma mater? I don't understand what makes this sad. It's not like you are sporting a jersey.

What's wrong with sporting a jersey (when you are not at work)?

Also, breaking news: that dog is transferring to play quarterback at Florida. A sad day for tide fans.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

skaboomizzy posted:

No Longhorn Network for me, I want SEC Network to show five hours of UGA sleeping in front of a fireplace.

UGA, Smokey, or Paul Finebaum

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

MindlessHavok posted:

There's no way Georgia is the most hated team in Georgia. I'd love to see what metrics they were using.

Alabama fans definitely outnumber Auburn fans in Alabama too, so the only way Bama is the most hated team is if Tennessee and LSU split their votes somehow. But I don't know anybody that really still hates Tennessee.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

lol they wouldn't print "The Case for Jameis Winston"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
UF and everyone else should stop scheduling FSU and doom them to Marshall's death by SOS until they get their act together.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

pillsburysoldier posted:

Miami expects at least 8 transfers

The Humane Society saves some more from abusive owners

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Eltoasto posted:

Bama has a statue of their CURRENT coach? lmbo

I still wish we built him a statue after every championship instead of just the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Defense is all your team has though

• Locked thread