Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What's this? IFTTT tells me there's a new LP on SA? Let's see what we've got...

Another FFL by Chokes McGee? YES!

Name: V1-CK (Called Vick by others. Not his name, but what can you expect from Humans?)
Race: Human
Personality: V1-CK thinks he's a robot. The last robot. Everyone else in the world is Human. Mutants, Robots, and Monsters? Those are just Humans pretending they're not. V1-CK knows better. Because he thinks he's a robot, V1-CK is always getting the heaviest, bulkiest, Roboty-est weapons and armor he can find. Robot Big. Robot Powerful. Addicted to Fantasy. Loves all the books, movies, and games of the genre, even especially the bad ones. Spends his free time writing a fantasy novel based on his jorunies. Well, it will be a novel, one day. Right now, it's more like quick journal notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Loving the callbacks to the first LP!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

This is the same Christmas party as referenced in the last LP and you're still not gonna elaborate on it, huh :mad:

There's still one more FFL game to go. Gotta have a hook to make sure we come back! (Not that it's needed, as Chokes McGee's story telling is plenty hook)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Well, what are we gonna do unless they are?

Hang on! Hang on! Tight!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Silegna posted:

Oh my god. I am so glad I found this...I have got to get that search upgrade sooner or later to find my favorite authors faster....

Just do what I do: Use the LP Forum RSS Feed with IFTTT, and have it send you a notification any time there's a new LP.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Silegna posted:

If I knew how to use that, I would.

Just go here and click Add Recipe. Edit it to use iOS Notifications if you have an iPhone.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

And that all goes back to Twitch Plays, which would, almost inevitably, end up with the game stuck in an unwinnable state.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I figured we'd find out when you did an LP of 3. You are gonna do an LP of 3, right? :ohdear:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Anyway hopefully I will have an update before this week is out! Will Heather use a facial scrub or just a pore-cleansing mask? :iiam:

Is this a vote? I vote Pore-Cleansing Mask!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A quick Google search turned up a site with PDF versions of manuals, including FFL2.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Because the Kingdome Hearts series is an Action RPG, Mimics are a lot easier to deal with there.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Remember, folks—the DM also hates you and everything you hold dear.

Only bad ones do. I like it when my players creativly out wit my plans.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've been waiting for this part! I found...

Shwqa posted:

I have this article saved just for this moment. http://legendsoflocalization.com/were-the-bananas-in-final-fantasy-legend-ii-actually-drugs/ . Turns out bananas were quite rare at one point in Japan's history.

DAMNIT, Shwqa! I'd been waiting to post that link, and then you go and do it while I'm at work.

NO MORE BANANAS FOR YOU TODAY, SHWQA! :argh:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Everyone gets a free banana. whether you want it or not :catstare:

Went to Jacksonville so my wife could do the Gate River Run 15k. SO MANY BANANAS! :stare:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:sotw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

oh god I thought this was the Drakengard thread for a second :stonk:

Anyway, I swear this thread isn't dead, I'm going to get around to updating eventually! Seems like you guys have things under control in the meantime. Carry on!

Just keep slipping us bananas, and we'll never notice...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You know what you need to do.

Ask The Saw to protect you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Thankfully the only things that come down my chimney are Santa and a squirrel. Though my wife needed me to come home from work early to drive one of them out of the house. Broke my Nintendo Land disc which Nintendo was kind enough to replace due to my crazy story.

If your break your game chasing Santa out of your chimney, you don't deserve to have it replaced. :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

All of you need to bee-hive.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

OH GOD NO DON'T DRI—

:sigh:

It's a slobberknocker :bahgawd:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

There should be at least one more. It'll focus on exploits again, but i might sneak it in there :ninja:

I see what you did there.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I wanted to do this line and you stole it. I will never laugh again.

Calm down, and have a banana.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

akkristor posted:

Metal Gear!?

Close. Metal Wasp!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The wasps are harsh masters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

At least cafés are actually a thing. Banana smuggling...well, I'm sure it's happened, but it's kind of implausible as a plot point.

My favorite take on the coffee shop thing is the milk bar in Majora's Mask though. There's literally a guy in there going "Can you get tipsy from drinking milk?"

Sure, if you're one of those aliens from... poo poo. I forget the name of the show, but they got drunk off sour milk.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Hi, everybody! This thread's still a thing! In fact, I'm dropping an update this weekend.

So you're not doing an update this weekend? Or are you just dropping the LP altogether? :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

"Dropping an update" is slang for taking bananas.

That's just too weird, man!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Writing's done. Content extraction happens tomorrow! Depending on how work goes, it could get posted late evening. More than likely, though, it'll be one of 2 AM why the hell aren't I asleep yet updates.

Seriously though make sure your socks are accounted for.

What if I don't wear socks when I read these? :ohdear:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

At least we didn't have to deal with this:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What a fun ride this has been, from the start of FFL1 to the end of this one!

Thanks for the great story, and Action Duck, and The Wasps!

Enjoy your downtime. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

FFL3 has a pretty wild plot, but it's pretty in-depth and wouldn't work at all for Chokes' style.

The world's being slowly flooded by Elder Gods that just hate humans for no real reason. So in the future, three destined children get sent back in time to be trained to become strong enough to fight the Gods. They along with their friend they grew up with to adulthood go on a wacky time travel filled adventure to re-piece together their time machine that looks like a stealth bomber in a world where people haven't really mastered horse-riding yet technologically. Their adventures take them into the past, present, and future, underwater where fish-people live, onto a random floating continent outside time, and finally to the world of the Elder Gods themselves, including a subterranean world of Morlocks, before ultimately fighting God itself. Enemies can drop meat or mechanical parts to turn you into beasts, monsters, cyborgs, and robots. SaGa y'all.

So... what you're saying is Chokes wrote the story for 3?

• Locked thread