Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

RoofieMyselfForFun posted:

Is Halliday even worth drafting or is he just a system QB?

I don't think I've seen a Mike Leach QB play in the regular season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dexo posted:

Any Elite Linebackers or Safeties available in the 7-9 win range?

That Washington lb is really good

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Goony as hell :allears:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jameis is as close as you're going to get to Andrew luck on the field as you can for the next couple years

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Also as soon as he gets drafted the girl is going to file a civil suit against him and make it as public as possible.

Unless the team settles it as quickly as possible, then you'll never hear about it.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 30, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Devil? Nah. They'll vet the gently caress out of him before the draft, more than any other player, interview everyone they can, and give him handlers for a couple months just in case.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

WR Rashad Greene is gonna get drafted in the 3rd-6th round and he's gonna play in the league as a 2 or 3 for a decade. If you're not looking for a 1, he's gonna be great.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Man I now that's the company line on Jameis but guys he's overthrowing and making terrible decisions. That won't change against NFL DBs... and it'll be an even uglier result.

If he works on his touch, and smartens up with thinking he can hit a window he simply cant... then yeah I love him as a prospect. Until then.

Jimbo has a weekly call in show where they rush through nearly every play and he explains them as he goes. You get a pretty strong idea of when something is or isn't Jameis's fault, particularly on over-the-middle stuff. He never seems shy about saying exactly what is Jameis's fault on those plays or his missing better reads or such. They're all posted on YouTube, and the UF one is good if you want to see Jameis playing his worst

Edit: The UF one doesn't seem to be up anymore. I guess check out Miami or Louisville instead.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 12, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grittybeard posted:

Isn't Dan Marino supposed to be really dumb or was it just cocaine stuff with him?

He's not very bright, no. A bit of a hot head. One of my friends in high school was best friends with his son and by all accounts the family was pretty great.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Yaws posted:

When that RB from Wisconisn declared an NFL scout said he has doubts about him because he played against lovely Big 10 teams. Is the Big 10 that bad this year?

Virginia Tech, who barely went .500 this year with a QB that might be worse than Bo Wallace, beat the poo poo out of Ohio State. Ohio State went on to style all over the Big Ten.

They are absolutely abysmal

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alouicious posted:

this is just such a bleak loving statement and i'm not ready for it

Their ADs think they're doing really well though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlw8R7KyoA8

That face at the end really sums up watching it as an outsider

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

All players who went to the same college are exactly the same. Melvin Gordon and Ron Dayne are literally identical. There are no differences between then physically or as players at all.

Quote this if you're an Alabama Running Back*

*not Eddie lacy :allears:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU's scout site is starting to float the "Jameis is coming back" idea as more and more possible.

Very unlikely, but just a head's up

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Metapod posted:

Luck, Rodgers, Cam - for sure

Stafford, Ryan - maybe

Andy Dalton

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ozu posted:

Cam Erving is a really good center prospect and probably day 2 guy, though he admittedly wasn't moved to center until November.

He was a top LT prospect last year but came back and regressed a good amount. He could do either and will probably end up taking a spot early once he gets healed up

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

warcrimes posted:

I missed all the postgame poo poo, what did he do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98NKoW62ULA

there ya go

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jameis Winston is a barely functional interception throwing baby loser and has not shown a single marketable talent for the NFL and will be the albatross around the neck of whatever GM is going to be dumb enough to draft him

lol

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What skills do you think he shows that would make him even a marginal threat at the pro level?

His accuracy is garbage even for the college game.
His elusiveness has been exposed at the professional level.
His personality is a giant siren

You have like no idea what you're talking about except the last part

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wheez the roux posted:

hopefully winston can redefine draft bust. ryan leaf was 17 years ago its time for someone new to take the throne

Jamaracus was like 5 years ago

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

For a guy with a Mel Kiper pokemon as an avatar you would think you'd know something about a college player translating to the NFL.

Winston has all the physical tools (athleticism, arm strength, size) that translates to the NFL.
He can read a defense and make adjustments at the line.
He runs a pro style offense that relies on anticipation throws and route trees that many NFL offenses run.
You can't rattle him, look how often FSU was down this year and he led them back every time except tonight which you can pretty much put on his skill players and not him. He didn't fumble the ball away 4 times and drop multiple passes that should have been caught.
He has great ball placement. Watch some of his throws tonight, tight windows and he hit them.

I guess I don't really see where he can't be a good/great NFL QB. He does have a tendency to make high/bad throws but that's nothing that can't be fixed. That's pretty much the only knock on him outside of off the field issues. You can throw the INT #'s out there but if you watch them a lot were on his young (freshman) receivers being out of place/running the wrong route. Yes he did force passes but he was much better at checking down this year than he was last year.

I kinda think that wherever he goes, that team is probably going to draft Rashad in the 4th+ rounds to keep him having some familiarity and chemistry off the bat

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Doltos posted:

I think Oregon's defense was absolutely swarming this game and a lot of quality NFL prospects would be panicking there. Oregon's defense was just ripping balls and delivering nasty hits everywhere, and their d-line absolutely dominated FSU's o-line. I hope the gametape comes out soon because I want to see how Mariota fared while Oregon was ahead.

Jameis dropped back to pass with like 7+ seconds multiple times and FSU ran for like 100+ in the first half. I turned the game off after the ridiculous fumble for a td so I have no idea what happened afterwards when things got super desperate

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Winston is taking that loss so personally that he's not even going to ask the draft advisory board for an evaluation.

Make of that what you will.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Volkerball posted:

Really? I remember the story at the draft was that he was a late 1st rounder, and more likely a second rounder. That sort of justifies the Vikings not trading down I suppose, which seemed like the stupidest thing ever at the time.

He got picked up on the tail end of a run for drafting QBs. If you needed one, they were going fast, so you'd have to pounce

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU Jr DE. Mario Edwards is entering the draft. He's a 3-4 DE that adds/drops weight as needed (has gone from 270 - 310 depending on what's asked of him). Has played everywhere on the line besides Nose Tackle

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ZenVulgarity posted:

He's a great depth guy but I dunno how he'll translate to the pros

Maybe a rotate guy

What do you think his role was on our defense?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm kinda concerned with how it screws with recruiting for us to be honest.

Sorry NFL guys. I mentioned earlier that he really didn't even want to send it a request to be evaluated by the draft advisory board after the loss.

CB PJ Williams is as good as gone though

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Take Mariota

Would be a mistake with how their offense is run.

wandler20 posted:

It's either Jameis the Buc or the Nole. You can't escape him.

He is immortal, but he also really wants his degree and to not finish off his college career like that. The off-the-field FSU stuff won't stop if he leaves either. NYT has a couple reporters living in Tallahassee now strictly to dig up stuff on us.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

WHOOPS posted:

Lol. Is there any actual basis for this?

Going down the strip building by building in person asking for security video of a car accident, which they got eventually, seemed like a weird use of their reporter's time but man they got it and then wrote a piece implying campus police overrode the TPD's authority to have our corner go around the cornerback to go around the corner to get his suspended driver's license since he didn't have it on him or whatever. And then they mentioned a robbery going on that had nothing to do with the collision but tried to imply the football players had something to do with it (they didn't)

It was weird

wandler20 posted:

I understand Winston wants to return but he loses his to 2 receivers (best FSU TE ever, top 3 FSU WR ever), 4 of 5 olineman, and starting RB. Plus what, 5 under classmen leaving on defense. There is no way FSU competes for a title next year. He should take the money and run.

Agreed, except our schedule is way softer next year

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 6, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

kidcoelacanth posted:

The Bucs don't have an OC, whoever they hire can run it to whatever quarterback they want.

In the sense that a NFL defense could transition from a 3-4 base to a dime base, sure, why not?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wrong thread

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

thompson posted:

Is there any 2nd 3rd round QB talent in this draft? I feel like anyone in the top 5 would be better off waiting. Just too much risk to take a really high end QB in my opinion.

Bryce Petty should be available there

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

kidcoelacanth posted:

Are there any college QBs who will be eligible in the next year or two that are seen as much better prospects than Mariota or Winston?

In two years, I guess Clemson's Deshaun Watson. If not for injuries he'd have had an incredible year this year.

If Alabama's Jacob Coker has good year, not even really a great one but just a good one, he'll have his name thrown around for the same reason Alabama fans were excited about him prior to this year - incredible physical specimen and is a Jimbo QB. Outside of that hype, though, he's been pretty meh. In this spirit, Penn State's Christian Hackenberg checks many similar boxes, but is pretty bad instead of just meh

NC State's Jacoby Brissett has been pretty loving streaky but when he's on, he's really really good. Also plays in a pro-style.

Ohio State's JT Barrett is really good.

USC's Cody Kessler is certainly great.

The only one that'll sniff Mariota or Winston as a prospect is Watson, as things are now.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 7, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU CB Ronald Darby declares.

So far that makes DE Mario Edwards, CB PJ Williams, CB Ronald Darby, and QB Jameis Winston gone, as far as underclassmen go

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 8, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

Pretty much how I feel about it. I don't think Aguayo can have his stock rise anymore so he should have left but decided to stay. Must really want his degree.

Immigrant family that's worked really hard. Also his brother is a kicker and supposedly has the same work ethic, and is aiming at coming to FSU after next year.

I love Aguayo and think he should go too. He'll do fine for himself either way.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

thompson posted:

I'm hip firing here, but I was under the impression that Aguayo was on the fast track for his degree. He may already have it.

E: maybe not. I think he should come out regardless. You can always go finish your last year later. Plus, how much is a degree from FSU really worth? Not trying to diss the school but it's a tough economic climate and it certainly isn't an auto job like graduating from Stanford or Michigan or something along those lines.

Might as well capitalize on your stock when you're known as "mr. perfect."

Eh, depends. If he finishes this semester, he can get a master's, though football player master's degrees are usually worse sham's than the actual bachelor's. I guess the degree means a lot to him and his family

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

And then there's the idea that football player's degrees are world's more marketable than other students'. The notoriety, connections, endearing football moments, etc., pretty much guarantee employment from alumni for football players, especially notable ones, moving forward. Myron Rolle has done extremely well in this sense and pretty much runs his own foundation with the support from alumni while currently in med school, and he was garbage in the league.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Henchman of Santa posted:

Myron Rolle was also a Rhodes Scholar.

And he also chose to get his medical degree with florida state, instead of Harvard, Wash. U, John's Hopkin's, etc., where a Rhode's Scholar, and a famous one at that, would be welcome with open arms. From the outside, this would seem a bit weird for a lot of people because holy poo poo, dude has an opportunity to get his doctorate from a ton of really prestigious places, why did he not go to those places? Ongoing alumni support is and will continue to be huge, huge pluses for a lot of players, and in Myron Rolle's case it has helped him set up a dream of us, to promote and start this foundation. It may not be for everyone, but it's understandable when it comes up.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

AAA is right. chubby's is The Coliseum now

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chilichimp posted:

But they do share a commonality... they are both worlds apart from the toilet that is FSU, which I believe was the original point.

We say Turlet in Tally :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ZenVulgarity posted:

God drat do I hate going back to Tally for any kind of work poo poo

I still have a ton of student friends and am really young so I don't have to interact with the non-students. I imagine it'll suck once that ends

• Locked thread