Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So the Cowboys defense has been way better this year then last has been bouncing around a lot for the last few weeks, and then someone mentioned, per play, they're actually worse this year:

Last year they gave up 6.1 yards per play and .42 points per play to the opposition.

This year they're giving up 6.1 yards per play and .49 points per play.

The difference is the offense is running 7 more plays a game, and running so much time off the clock the opposition is running 12 plays a game less. The Cowboys offense has 16 more first downs then they had through 6 games last year, and the opposition has 41 less first downs.

Doesn't really seem to be a turnover thing either.

2013: Cowboys: 8 turnovers, Opp: 12*
2014: Cowboys: 10 turnovers, Opp: 10

*6 came from the Giants game in week 1

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Cowboys stats

:stare:

But but but Rolando McClain!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hizawk posted:

N: Ryan Broyles may be upset that he is barely a part of the game plan in Detroits Offense. Had some cryptic tweets that he may be disgruntled. Detroit continues to struggle mightily on third down.

V: All Ryan Broyles does is catch first downs. Cory Fuller loving Sucks and needs to not be a WR for the Lions. He plays ahead of Broyles because he has line speed.

Also, Broyles is a crazy Jesus freak, so the tweets aren't really damning. Ryan Broyles would solve a lot of the Lions offensive problems. I am a huge Ryan Broyles homer.

Ryan Broyles.

It's such a non-story. He was basically making self-motivational tweets about how he has to recognize why he's not playing. But I agree wholeheartedly about the need to implement him.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

So the Cowboys defense has been way better this year then last has been bouncing around a lot for the last few weeks, and then someone mentioned, per play, they're actually worse this year:

Last year they gave up 6.1 yards per play and .42 points per play to the opposition.

The difference is the offense is running 7 more plays a game, and running so much time off the clock the opposition is running 12 plays a game less. The Cowboys offense has 16 more first downs then they had through 6 games last year, and the opposition has 41 less first downs.

And yet the Seahawks decide to not to give Marshawn the rock against that :mad:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Notable workouts for Bengals Tuesday:
LB Erin Henderson
S Chris Clemons
QB Terrelle Pryor
WR Da'Rick Rogers
S MD Jennings

Look at those few wonderful could be Bengals.

They signed Greg Little. :negative:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

Feed the beast, early and often.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Kalli posted:

DVOA has them almost exactly league average, which is a huge improvement, though that's largely on the back of a great performance against Seattle.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

In the preseason everyone was talking about how Dallas would have the all time worst defense in the history of the NFL this season so yeah that's way better than expected.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Ravens have a top 10 offense and defense, I still can't believe it.

Kubes is going to get poached next season :(

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 14, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Sour Diesel posted:

The Ravens have a top 10 offense and defense, I still can't believe it.

Kubes is going to get poached next season :(

Even worse, FO has them at no. 2 out of the entire league. Amazing that Joe Flacco becomes elite when he gets an OC that's actually goodabove replacement level.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

Even worse, FO has them at no. 2 out of the entire league. Amazing that Joe Flacco becomes elite when he gets an OC that's actually goodabove replacement level.

I hate advanced stats because they are dumb but now they are officially 100% correct and infallible. FO loving hates Joe Flacco though. Whenever he does bad in quick reads he'll have a 5 paragraph essay on why he's bad. But when he is loving awesome he'll have a one liner like "Joe was 6/9 on third down" Meanwhile Nick Foles or some other dumb QB (Dumb being any QB that's not Joe Flacco) has a novel written about how amazing he was for throwing for 200 yards.

I'm a dumb irrational fan.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 14, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sour Diesel posted:

I'm a dumb irrational fan.

If that is being a dumb irrational fan, :hfive: welcome to the club bro.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
So the Rams have 1 sack in their first five games, the lowest in NFL history. This Gregg Williams defense sure is doing a great job.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals prob figure they have good enough coaching to teach Little how to catch.

lol

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

only temporary posted:

So the Rams have 1 sack in their first five games, the lowest in NFL history. This Gregg Williams defense sure is doing a great job.

If only they had some sort of monetary incentive to motivate them.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

only temporary posted:

THE RAMS DLINE IS SO DEEP

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Man, I got beat to this, but I remember when Aaron Donald was drafted everyone poo poo their pants over dat D

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Hizawk posted:

Fisher's mediocrity is contagious. Poor Les Snead.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals prob figure they have good enough coaching to teach Little how to catch.

lol

Hey, it worked for Jermaine Gresham

wait

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
It looked like a very talented line :shrug:

I mean, there is clearly something going on given Quinn's talent and they lost Chris Long so that doesn't help. Seems early to crow about it. We had similar reactions when the Lions drafted Fairly and then Ansah but this is the first season it's come together. And it is disgusting the way it has.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Bad Moon posted:

10 loving carries and he was averaging 6 yards per

eat a slimy turd bevell you worthless fuckshit

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
WR Kevin Ogletree signed with the Giants.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

davecrazy posted:

WR Kevin Ogletree signed with the Giants.

I hope he sticks it to Dallas as revenge.

He can be our 7 points in the 31-7 final score

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

If that is being a dumb irrational fan, :hfive: welcome to the club bro.

The reason I hate sports media isn't because of dumb narratives or tired recycle catchphrases and storylines. It's because they all hate Joe Flacco.

Because Baltimore is hosting Atlanta this week, there are pundits bringing up the Matt Ryan vs Joe Flacco thing again.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
how can anyone hate flacco, he's like a lab specimen perfectly engineered to be as bland as possible

even if he beat the hawks in a superbowl i wouldn't be able to muster anything more than vague indifference towards him

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wheez the roux posted:

how can anyone hate flacco, he's like a lab specimen perfectly engineered to be as bland as possible

even if he beat the hawks in a superbowl i wouldn't be able to muster anything more than vague indifference towards him

Um Joe is reckless, which is the opposite of bland.

He has a hat which says so.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Um Joe is reckless, which is the opposite of bland.

He has a hat which says so.

He is The King Of Football

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 15, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers will be wearing the powder blue throwbacks against the Chiefs this Sunday.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
News: Seahawks sign something called an Australian Jarryd Hayne.

Views: :confused:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Hayne is arguably the best runner of the ball in the best Rugby competition in the world. Would make a good running back. Good luck to him.

Here's some highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItnEVoD0VQ

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Spoeank posted:

I don't understand their persistent little brother syndrome. You won the Super Bowl 'Hawks, you're one of the best teams in the NFL over the last 3 years, you're allowed to stand on your own merits.

Our merits don't mean much if it doesn't come with what we wanted all along, and it's a little something that starts with the letter R.

Little brother syndrome is actually a good description of Seattle in general.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam is the top rated pff qb right now, but this is interesting.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 14m14 minutes ago
Pickable passes (ball thrown that should have been INT):

Best: Cam Newton (0 in 179 att), Matt Ryan (1-234)

Worst: Jay Cutler (9-229)

How is that even evaluated? That sounds like a really nebulous definition.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brannock posted:

How is that even evaluated? That sounds like a really nebulous definition.

Yeah, it is. Each counter does it differently, but Football outsiders, for example, only counts ones where the defender got two hands on the ball or it hit them in the chest.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Sour Diesel posted:

The reason I hate sports media isn't because of dumb narratives or tired recycle catchphrases and storylines. It's because they all hate Joe Flacco.

Because Baltimore is hosting Atlanta this week, there are pundits bringing up the Matt Ryan vs Joe Flacco thing again.

you think they all hate joe flacco?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I want us to win that game just cause the last one was so annoying. We suck for most of the game, then we come back and miraculously take the lead right at the end. Then we blow it and let them drive right down the field in less than a minute. Infuriating!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Roddy White got let off for OPI on their game winning TD.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Roddy White got let off for OPI on their game winning TD.

I think I remember that happening too. But I remember on the last series it was like 3rd and 10 and their receiver Michael Jenkins made some insane catch on the sidelines for a big gain. You knew it was probably over right after that play.

If we hadn't scored immediately on the goal to go situation we would have won. I hate when that happens. You should get some time depletion bonus in that situation for scoring on first down.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

You need Brian Westbrook to make genius decisions for you instead

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Hey, it worked for Jermaine Gresham

wait

He actually has very good hands these days. Since 2013 he has 4 drops on 90 targets.

I am, to put it mildly, very skeptical anyone can teach a 25+ year old wide receiver how to do something as fundamental as catch. If he was coachable it would have happened already.

Edit: My money's on a two game suspension for Burfict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Hizawk posted:

We're not even at Lions/Bills/Browns level of poo poo and I still feel like this team has breached the depths of those awful teams. How long after a Super Bowl do I have to wait before I can call my team the worst ever?

• Locked thread