Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Westboro Baptist Church are the greatest performance artists of our time. They have given themselves over so completely to their performance that it has become impossible to separate their true identities from the characters they play.

They have created a parody of everything which is wrong with fundamentalist Christianity, and have somehow managed to take it farther than anyone could have ever imagined, while still being believed by everyone. Of course, they constantly throw out little hints which say, "We're only joking, don't buy any of this", but everyone is too taken by the act to doubt its validity.

Look at the above picture. "Fag xmas", with 2 gay men wearing santa hats having anal sex. What possible religious message, or message of any sort, could this be sending? It's just utterly silly. They're comedians playing to an audience who never gets the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Nah.

They suck.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

if it is comedy its brilliant Andy Kaufman type poo poo but im pretty sure most of them are serious on some level. the signs are really well designed too

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if i shoot them i guess it means god hates wbc

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
Fags eat poop

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm gay

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

theyre pretty terrible but that fag christmas sign is legit funny. i think its because the stickmen have butts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
and yet the stickmen don't have sticks

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Still good

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This is the most adorable child ever.

She did it for the lulz.

I like the "God hates your tears" sign in the background. This is a vision of a violent sadistic God, the wifebeating stepfather who will slap you around and then beat you for crying. Who could believe in such a God? Their smiles tell the real story.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Orange Sunshine posted:

This is the most adorable child ever.

I'd pat her on the head and whisper to her that everyone already knows

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 687 days!)

uh i don't think they took things "farther than anyone could have ever imagined" seeing as how they were completely nonviolent

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

and yet the stickmen don't have sticks

theyre made of sticks hence the name stickman gently caress dude

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

theyre serious OP

Poorleg
Feb 8, 2008
I have reevaluated them and my evaluation is that they are a bunch of cunts.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
They are cool like ultimate gamer trolls, like gamersgate activists and Weev.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
i wish there was a documentary about the origins of the church. like one that has people who knew phelps from his firebrand civils rights activist days and then can explain how he went to from that to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFhkAd1J0js

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i'm glad when they protest troop funerals, but upset when they protest gay people.

• Locked thread