Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
The only way I would be okay with this whole loss of powers thing would be if he could somehow hide his Grimm eyes better after inevitably regaining the ability to see Wesen. Make him an even more of a Grimm to be feared. Sadly, I think it will just be a wasted storyline to kill time before actually forcing the writers to explain what the hell is up with the royal houses, the keys, the coins, the entire mythology of it outside of Portland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I didn't watch the first season when it aired, but Stabbey's OPs, GrimmWiki, and the second season got me into it. (I did watch the fist eventually.) I feel like many of you do. Do I have to spoiler preview talk? When Nick says "maybe I don't want my powers back" made me want to hurl poo poo at the TV. So, for many years you just killed about 50 different species of Wesen, but so long as you can't see them first-woge your life would magically go back to normal? Everyone who had beef with you would forgive you? Who could write that? He should feel like a walking bullseye without his power. He should desire it back with intensity more than adalind wanted hers.

That would make for a compelling and interesting character, instead we will get a talk with Juliette over tea about how maybe this is a blessing and blah blah.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
My big problem with the octpous guy is their insertion of wesen drat near anytime they can shoe-horn it: remember when nick walked through the prison yard? 75% of those people woged. The royal FBI pepole are a hundjager and a--that guy who hunted the blue people who could see 360 degrees wesen--and that is the loving FBI. You are telling me this octo guy sucked memories from hell-of-important people and we are supposed to believe they were all human? He just now encountered someones whose memories frighten him? Oh, she is a grimm?!?! How would you know what those wesen are if you've never seen them? How are they different fro nightmares? OH. You have seen them. Like other wesen have. Yet you act like it is a mental breakdown because you saw the people you sucked their brains from? No sense. Anyway, he was an ill-thought-out stupid wesen with an even stupider subplot.

Espionage? How Ian Flemming of you. However I am going to guess the royals paid for the secrets, so now the owl FBI girl is now mad she killed octo-double-agent, and this is going to get stupider and stupider. And whoever said Trubel is killing it is spot on. Let nick and juliette never see wesen again and go retire to anything-but-this-show and make it monroe, rosalee, trubel, and captain.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Overweight Shark posted:

The writers could probably up their game.

Understatement of the thread. Why would I look forward to next episode? Depowered Nick with short-sighted-stupid-selfish Juliette problems with him being a Grimm, again? Adalind in a cell with occasional telepathy with nick. Wu asking questions that should have been answered when he saw the Aswang thing. Monroe and rosalee being relegated to lab research. Trubel now being caught and that little escapade.

I guess it will be interesting to see what is up with Captain and Sexy Hexenbeist Mom. That is the only arc that seems remotely interesting, and that will be all of 4 minutes of the episode.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
So when Stabbey mentioned the new episode with being killed by clay, I cringed thinking "don't bring that crappy boxer wesen-of-the-week back", but realized it was actual clay

No clue about the mythology and what not of what it is/will be, but please don't spend 90% of the episode on it and casually interject things we care about.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
So, absolutely no plot advancement whatsoever. Fantastic! Not even a new wesen of the week. Maybe I will get around to the DVR of this sometime early next week. Dammit, writers.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
The "plot" being anything that really explains the reason of royals, keys, Grimms (specifically their role with the royals), and so much more interesting than a spell in a Portland spice shop. But, hey, I look forward to the "but weren't things better when you were not a Grimm?" tear-filled speech that, again, ignores all she knows and what he has done.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Adalind needs to die, quickly. Her purpose has ran its course. She birthed some world-changing magic baby and that is all that matters now. I don't know if the writers were giving the show's audience a middle finger, or they think the audience (or adalind's dumbass character) needed the door on the other side of the room to be marked with a sign stating the obvious? There weren't even multiple other doors in the room. It was obvious it was the one, just as it was so obvious that the vagrant prisoner helping her was obviously working for Viktor, and that if she went for the baby she obviously wasn't getting out, and this is a woman who has tricked team-portland so often? It makes no sense.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Maybe I am too harsh on Adalind and death, but it is obvious she is detracting from what we all need to see. Since Nick can't see Wesen, but may or may-not still have super-Grimm powers, and Hank is just a cop who won't be scared from a woge, is it safe to assume Monroe is an alpha-apex Blutbaud? I thought we got hints of that before he reformed, didn't eat meat or people, pacifist, etc.? I just liked his laugh at the 3 of them with "that's a litter" but without any fear. I felt like it was when my old Shepherd met a pack of Chihuahas at the dog park.

I also thought it was a little sloppy that Monroe and Rosalee had to remind Nick that, yea, there are many canid wesen like: US!!!! We are two different species, although could both be considered a wolf/fox/something canid when woged. Instead we get a hint into all this other wesen we haven't seen versus "the schackals, the annubis.... nick, have you lost your memory, too?" We burnt that anibus on a funeral pyre... it was a critical moment between you and the council??? Nick?

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Aces High posted:

not to mention the Coyotl, or however that's spelled. Wasn't that the episode that officially had Hank enter the group too?

It wasn't 10 minutes after walking away from my computer that I thought, oh poo poo, how obvious. Hundjagers! They have shown like 30 of those guys at this point. So, yea, Canine wesen are not only diverse, but common.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
This episode was leaps and bounds better than previous, but I was surprised to see so many comments and no one point out what I thought was an obvious plan for the writers: Josh and Trubel get together. Whether he Grimms or not, she will become his lover and savior and they can go off to wherever they go off to and be written out of the show. Why else bring Josh back? He is either going to be a Grimm, or he will become Adalind-level/Juliette-coma of annoying levels with his innocence of and perplexed amazement of everything his dad tried to tell him about.

"I don't have any idea how to use [a machete]!" poo poo. I am dreading his character's reappearance already.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Sash! posted:

Is this sarcasm? I've been reading the tumblr thread and I can't quite tell if you are serious about this or not.

CTRL+F on page 5 give me nothing. page 6 gives me people thinking that he will magically be a Grimm. So, yea, "they" discussed Josh, but not in the sense he is a weak rear end "I don't even know how to use a machete" (spoiler: you swing it) and I don't see him and Trubel hitting it off absent her protecting him, or him becoming a Grimm. Not much of what people discussed, which, sadly is all of 5 goons, so we know where the show's ratings are ultimately going.

BTW: Is having an SA account now tied to reading or giving a poo poo about Tumblr? If so, i didn't get the memo.

JD Bucks 7 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 4, 2014

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I know I am expecting the writers to have actually watched the shows and remembered what they've said, but with all this hexenbeist bullshit going in Portland, where are the bees!?! Aren't they sworn enemies, clairvoyant, and Adalind was back, Sean's mom was, and Juliette is becoming one? I would think the mellifers would be the ones gearing up to do some mass-execution wesen purge with the hexenbiests. Oh well.

Also a beat cop that Nick has known for a while is secretly one of the racist Wesen. Riiiiight. I saw that coming the second he told Monroe that "blah blah is here." That guy had never encountered stress while in the presence of Nick? Or is he like the intern/trainee/new leach worm and Team Portland doesn't really have clue. Is the entire department wesen besides Hank and Wu?

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

pentyne posted:

The entire "Royal blood" thing is still completely unexplained despite that fact that it makes Adalind's baby have special powers even though Reynard is the exact same and there's nothing unique about him yet.

It can only (in my limited brain storming) be explained that royal zauberbeist blood was needed. Otherwise, I cannot find any difference between Royal man impregnanting hexenbeist other than the one child is a male (Captain) and the other a female (levitating magic world-changing baby). So they will either ignore it completely, explain that women are more powerful "beists", or give a chimp a typewriter.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
That was a good episode. In typical Grimm fashion, it didn't get resolved in this episode, but at least it wasn't at the end of a season or a break, again.

What was up with the reptile-looking Captain's henchman? He certainly did nothing to help out the investigation. He didn't look like any Wesen specifically, the wiki (for whatever its worth) says he is a Skalenzahne (crocodile), but I thought he looked more green and different head. Whatever he is, I hope he shows up at the tribunal and starts doing his natural order of eating the hell out of everything in sight versus just reporting back to Renard about it.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Honestly, the most shocking "breaking the status quo" would be to resolve one, even tangential plot-line (council and rosalee's connection, the motherfucking keys, where are the rest of the royal families, the magical baby--sans adalind) instead we are going to keep giving the 5-9 characters we all know afflictions, cures, meetings, petty bullshit, and monster of the weeks Can't actually write to resolve a minor plot in one episode, after all. Advertisers and execs don't like that.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Great episode. I still wonder why the Wesenrein needed to have Captain call his hench-crock who did absolutely nothing, and it seems to be little more than a fragmented neo-wesson local cult. Not like the grand master ever called the council. Or had sanctions like the (name i dont want to look up) from the Council in burning the anibus from the pyre. So, if that croc ever comes back, Captain better woge, kill him, and say thanks for nothing, or else the writers decided to waste another 5% of development time to nothingness. Which would be a fraction of adalinds worthlessness. And I love Wu studying. I liked that it is what we all would do, and the writers never showed nick doing. He is more content with "OH! Let's go find out what I remember, versus anticipating."

Not incredibly thrilled with any of those wesenrein people living, especially the loving officer. But not for him, they would have never had Monroe. They were going to kill Bud for simply knowing Nick. And that let's Nick (who tossed his badge along with others) to just "arrest" them? gently caress No!

That is why we need Trubel. Bud said it: "He would have a field day on you all" (perhaps not verbatim.) And what did Nick kill? Anyone? The one guy after his super hearing magically reappeared for all of one scene?

We got to see Hank see Captain as a Hexenbeist, Juliet use her power, but we can't get Zombie-rage-uber-hearing Nick to go apeshit on a dozen various Wesen at once? If he can't do that, then any "pack" of Wesen should never fear Grimms. Also, why did he not have specialized Grimming weapons for his extrapolice duties, but we get a poo poo scene of him with a friggin axe over Juliet/Adalind?

JD Bucks 7 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 25, 2015

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Polaron posted:

Also then we wouldn't have gotten Juliet's awesome headpopping scene.

I know the thread is excited about a Hexenbeist mind-blowing stare, but when you watch with subtitles it says [gunshot] and the guys head gets blown to pieces. Which makes sense that he just said "you missed" and right after the head explosion, they show her gun on the ground. Not that it makes it any less badass, but I got the impression she telekentic shot him, not made his head explode

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I was pretty disappointed with the wesen-of-the-week. Well, the explanation of why he was basically as powerful as Zeus, but lived as a jilted lover vagrant squatter, and why a frog paste to the ear made any sense? Did the writers even try?

I think the previous episode had so much going on this one was always going to be kind of a let down, but it wasn't one of the worst. Wu with the carpet flashback was great.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Pretty good episode. I don't like Nick's ignorance/acceptance of Juliet killing the Manticore (you know, the Wesen Monroe said "are practically impossible to kill.") without some "how in the gently caress?" I thought for sure that was going to be an easy way to allow Nick in on it. Then he couldn't really be that mad because it saved her life, and she could tell him that its not the first time it has, and what? Relationship drama of "I didn't fall in love with a Hexenbeist" bullshit? It should be absolutely fine, and maybe even welcomed by Nick. As has been pointed out, he is an ally of a beist, trusts said one's mother, and obviously doesn't follow strict Grimming tradition, has other Wesen friends, etc. Oh, and from what I've seen Juliette is going to stay young looking and attractive for many decades to come. Win win.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Cactus posted:

I mean come on, you had to have laughed at the pepperpot scene and her ridiculous explanation of it to Nick

I kind of forgot about that scene, but when it was happening I thought very highly of Juliette for actually being curious about this whole Wesen powers thing. (I also was giddy when Wu knew it was a Manticore from his research) kind of like every fan of this show would be if any of this were real. I get that it is a fantasy world and we can suspend disbelief at reactions, etc. because we obviously have no frame of reference with dealing with actual fairy-tale creatures, but if all of the sudden anyone was turned into a witch, they would be trying to levitate/ESP/whatever in no time.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Can it really even be considered a spoiler alert anymore if the spoiler is: "we will have cliffhangers!" NO poo poo!? That is all your show is. That sounded more like a used car salesman trying to sell a beater than an actor who is excited for his role.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I don't remember exactly where I got my girlfriend interested in the show, sometime a season and a half ago. I have kept her up to speed with everything that has happened, and told her it is sometimes asinine and no-explanation, but we need a fantasy show to watch together, and this fit the bill.

After the conclusion of the last episode, she said "So it is a soap-opera now?" in disgust. I just don't know how any (okay, okay NBC TV execs: we know) viewer tuned into this show because of the love triangles and relationship drama plots. Everyone who seems to watch this show is in it for the fairy tale fantasy aspect. The keys, the council, the legends, all else. WHY?

Now I see why I got the impression David some-Italian-name-I-will-spell-wrong's interview was less than excited about what is to come. They are really turning off their viewers. If the better-half decides she thinks the show is worthless, I doubt I will be tuning in again.

Finally, where are the loving clairvoyant hexenbeist-hating bees? Portland seems to be making GBS threads out hexenbiests like mad. They surely know, they are clairvoyant! Remember that, writers? If any writer is reading this, here would be a cool way to reconcile it: they've been trying to human traffic in some Africanized honeybee bezerkers to just launch hell on Portland because they are not strong enough to deal with the current hexenbiests, but a swarm of them could. It could then cause the Grimms and the Hexenbeiests to form an alliance. Oh, but Adalind is a casualty. That is a necessity.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I don't even know where to begin...

Victor just being conveniently written off. With some King of loving something (Vienna?) just showing up in Portland to not scold her without Reynard being told: "Hey, so there is a diplomatic envoy coming from Vienna asking for protection/recognition."

Then the spoiler of handsome prince #4? (Sean, Eric, Victor, now this guy) confronting Sean and, apparently going toe-to-toe with him. Maybe now we can figure out what the gently caress is special about royal blood, because, remember, Zauberbeist straight up strangled another Wesen (blutbaud?) in the tribunal episodes. There is no way renard isn't more powerful than a normal human, unless we finally figure out what the hell is so special about royal blood. Oh, but he has it too. So, again, GODDAMNIT WRITERS!

This show just sucks. It makes no goddamn sense. Hexenbeist this. Royal blood that. No cohenrency whatsoever. And did we really need to see some stupid actor hamming it up in drag in the precinct for wesen of the week? Get me Trubel. Remember, Nick, "no grimm has come out alive" from dealing with one of them. You decapitorie that rear end in a top hat/bitch and you prove you are a Grimm. He looked at you like, "oh, a Grimm? Cool. Eat acid." That should NOT FLY with a Grimm. Yet you are a worthless one and act like the law is all you adhere to.

Oh, and Adalind. Jesus. "I will just gently caress someone else" yea. That is all your character can do. Where is Trubel with a machete?

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Next Weeks Episode: The Jump

Nick and company encounter an ancient wesen Carcharodon Teethalis, whose woge resembles that of a Great White Shark. Upon finding out the only way to kill this Wesen is to jump over it on a surfboard, the team turns to the Council for help.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Angry mob attacks people identified as police officers. 3 minutes later they are freezing to death, but we can't let them die they are all innocent! You mean the ones that were just about to kill 3 police officers and another guy? Real innocent people there. Sigh.

Also, wouldn't it be the council's problem if 3 of these whatever things are running around portland killing people/dying in ways that are hard to explain to humans. Isn't that kind of their job description? To make sure wesen stay separate from normal society? It is their problem, Nick.

As for the preview: Hank having woge eyes, I am guessing it is another fake out by the writing team and they are dealing with a chameleon type wesen who turns into Hank to fool the team. Or they could just be using dream sequences again being lazy.

JD Bucks 7 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 11, 2015

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Once again, like a broken record, where the gently caress are the mellifers? The only redeeming part is Rosalee seems to be sick and loving tired of this Grimm-wanting-to-help-people poo poo. She wants juliette dead, and seemed to be okay with killing captain if worst-accent-ever was still possessing him. I am sure there will be no mention ever of the people bloody-good-ol-captain killed because he was "possessed" (as if all the wesen who were born that way and killed out of necessity were not in a similar situation.)

I want to see Mills Nick go nuts after seeing his wife mom's head in the box. This and Trubel. Does he finally realize this is a bigger war than baby mama sleeping around portland shenanigans? Of course he does, the question is do the writers know? I don't have hope. Wu guarding a zauberbeist who could be possessed? These people are too stupid to care for at this point, even Monroe, Rosalee, Wu, and people we used to care about. What the hell has happened to this show?

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Kudos to the poster who guessed Renard was Jack because of Henrietta's death. The woman whose address is so mystical and magical it disappears moments after writing it. Cool trick, for sure, the problem is the physical location never changes and she is apparently vulnerable to an intruder with a knife, but can woo a Grimm with her magical powers... Oh, hexenbeists, what can you not do?

Diana is not even within 2 years of what she should be. I guess child acting contracts are difficult and need twins and so on, but her sole line has been "where's my mommy?" I am pretty sure they could have filled the role with a more age-appropriate person.

Renard killed innocent Wesen. This will never, ever, be addressed by Nick. Yet, in the next season, some Wesen whose only hope for survival is to commit a crime, and Nick will come down all law-and-order on them, and I will hate his "moral compass" even more.

Can Trubel decapitate Nick and say "there is a new Grimm in town" (also while offing Juliette and Adalind?) I would be so thrilled for next season.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
For as insanely bad this show had gotten, I guess the finale was "okay." I got excited to see Misner. Especially because I was screaming at the television all while the team notes that the helicopter is how they will escape. So instead of simply bunkering down near the helicopter, they go inside the 50-billion-sqaure-foot mansion and play hide and seek. It was something along the lines of "great, another season of Nick being a loving idiot, and causing these plots to drag on." Still, it shows how completely bad at this he really is.

I thought Rosalee could've killed Adalind after she assured Bud that Nick and Adalind will never be together. The way she looked at her. Perhaps she will call Alexander next season and we can have him talk to old man "about this special Grimm" and we can have the council chase after a baby for an entire season and a half.

Did we ever get a hint at who Chavez is/works for? Is she resistance, one of the other Royal families, the council, a completely new shadow organization we will just find out about? Tune in next season.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Astrofig posted:

.....poo poo you guys, they're totally gonna kill the baby.

We could only be so lucky. The show is called Grimm. Not Nick Burkhardt. It should focus on Grimms and not babies as we have been told repeatedly that a Grimm's power kind of is adolescent at earliest. I don't care if the one royal hexenbiest gypsy ritual girl can predict future events and play with blocks in a cool way, she (for what we know right now) didn't prevent Kelly's death and didn't off the King herself but needed help. She seems pretty weak for a "world changing baby." I wouldn't mind one bit if she died, and it would make sense for something called "the resistance" to do because it is too powerful of a weapon or whatever to be in the hands of anyone.

And that is the special magical baby... Adalind and Nick's current baby? Even less of an interest. I don't want parenting drama. If I did I could watch Phil Dunphy be a cheerful moron to a laugh track. I want fantasy and action and Grimmness, not parents sticking together for the good of the child poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
It is still on Renard, and too an extent, Nick. Renard knew he was blacking out and robbing people, but instead of going to his Mom (yea yea, she is difficult to contact), Henrietta, The Spice Shop (tm), or Nick, he let it get out of control. Just like so many of the drat wesen they have jailed or murdered. Because whatever "human" part of them is incapable of suppressing some inside/outside/supernatural force.

One of my biggest problems with this show (absent this abomination of a season) is that Nick's Grimmness comes and goes seemingly without any real moral foundation. He pulls the "but I am a cop!" card often, insinuating he is bound by these rules/laws he swore to uphold. Then not 3 seconds later he is badge-is-at-home badass. Who, conveniently, tends to gain the superpowers the writers ignore about constantly until they don't.

I just don't like them saving blue rare wesen who commit poo poo, then making others die of lack of water, and blah blah all under the pretense of law and order, yet discard it when it sounds like a good episode. No continuity or sense to it.

• Locked thread