Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

At the end of last season, Joan began searching for apartments away from the brownstone, and away from Holmes. Sherlock took her decision to live apart quiet poorly and went off in search of a new adventure of his own. Only instead of moving across town, he flies across the ocean to work for MI6 in London. As the season begins Sherlock has arrived back in New York and wishes to take up his old job consulting for the NYPD, only to find that they already have a consulting detective in his old partner, Joan Watson.

... I suppose we need more in the OP than just Clyde.

Jonny Lee Miller is Sherlock Holmes

Lucy Liu is Joan Watson

Aidan Quinn is Captain Tobias Gregson of the NYPD

Jon Michael Hill is Detective Marcus Bell. Sherlock created a situation in Season 2 which led to Marcus taking a bullet for him and caused a huge rift in their relationship. It was slowly being repaired after Holmes managed to apologize, but their friendship may have been irreparably altered.

Sean Pertwee is Gareth Lestrade, formerly of Scotland Yard, who has also become a consulting detective.

Rhys Ifans is Sherlock's brother, Mycroft Holmes, a restauranteur who embroiled Joan and Sherlock in an extensive plot due to his involvement with MI6.

Natalie Dormer is Jamie Moriarty, Sherlock's nemesis and former lover. In Season 2 she escaped custody to rescue a little girl who had been kidnapped - her daughter. As of Season 3 she is imprisoned again. She likes to paint.

Also significant this season is the addition of Ophelia Lovibond as Kitty Winter, Holmes’ new apprentice. guest star only

:siren: S3 E1 - Enough Nemesis To Go Around :siren:

Holmes returns to New York with a new apprentice and a renewed interest in working with the NYPD after being fired by London’s MI6. However, Captain Gregson won’t let him resume consulting for the department without permission from his former partner, Watson, the NYPD’s new go-to private investigator, on the third season premiere of Elementary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz6NLPnRcsE

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

cool kids inc. posted:

Again, Excellent OP, but Tommy Lee Miller is someone very different :)

Whaaaaaat how on earth did that happen?! I could have sworn I wrote Jonny. :argh:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The pizza delivery scene had me so tense and... it was just pizza! Loved it.

I can't even remember if Ms. Hudson was in season 2. Maybe one or two episodes? I will probably add her back into the OP along with Alfredo. Wonder what happened to the guy Sherlock was sponsoring while Sherlock was in London?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I dunno about Kitty dying, but there is a strong possibility she just can't hack it with Holmes. Her demeanor is pretty tragic and she's moved across the ocean with a genius crazy person. That isn't something normal people just do, Joan aside.

Thought it was a solid mystery, and now Joan has a nemesis all to herself. I do appreciate that they showed us Clyde in the first five minutes or so. The roosters probably got turned into stewtaken to the farm.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How is there not a screencap of the isolation helmet yet?

Ask and he shall receive courtesy of tumblr

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E2 The Five Orange Pips :siren:

When Holmes and Watson join forces on a double homicide, Sherlock's new apprentice, Kitty, threatens the investigation when she allows her jealousy of Sherlock and Joan's work rapport to override her better judgment.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

There is absolutely zero chance of her not finding the guy who kidnapped her and him just so happening to turn up dead shortly thereafter. Be nice for it to not go that route, but it's eventually going to I'm sure.

She might find him and get justice and then move on with her life back in the UK. Or she is the one who turns up dead, not him. :shrug:

Sherlock should get a cat. He practically is a cat already.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E3 Just a Regular Irregular :siren:

Sherlock helps a math genius from his network of 'Irregulars' experts after he stumbles upon a body while participating in a math puzzle competition. Joan attempts to extend an olive branch after she learns about Kitty's past.

Clyde better make a triumphant return to my screen tonight. :colbert:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Pretty sure Joan was only there to support Kitty. E:fb ^^^

I enjoyed this episode, except Sherlock shutting down his math guy (you asked me for help with social situations!) was pretty painful. I mean, that's what they were going for, so it was good...but it made me cringe for the guy. I'm glad Sherlock brought him back in at the end. Also it was funny that the police takedown actually took place an hour previous to the explanation because of an avoided phone call.

Clyde's terrarium made an appearance - the show is such a tease!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Exactly.

Although the complete absurdity of someone thinking Sherlock was a font of advice for socializing was pretty funny.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E4 Bella :siren:

When a groundbreaking artificial intelligence software program is stolen, Sherlock agrees to take on the case, but enlists Joan's assistance in solving it when he becomes more interested in disproving the computer's abilities than finding the thief. Joan confronts Sherlock about his motives after she learns he has been in direct contact with her boyfriend without her knowledge.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

bubblelubble posted:

Clyde first thing. Great episode already.

I love that Sherlock and Joan share custody of him. :3:

The episode didn't end with everything wrapped up neatly, which is pretty unusual. I thought the mystery and who actually did it was really interesting.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The preview for the next episode indicates that it is a whole new mystery and unconnected to this week's episode. Something to do with weightlifters.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Preemptive reminder that we have a new episode tomorrow night! With Thanksgiving in the US it's been hit or miss if a show is airing this week - Elementary is.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I watched the first five minutes and nearly turned it off, because it was perfection. Clyde zapping Kitty for his food?!

It was a great episode all around, of course, and it was great to see Kitty doing her thing and being her own character. I didn't mind the Gregson side plot (although more Clyde B plot would have been ok with me) because the daughter who is an officer will probably become an important call back (like Gregson's wife troubles were) in a future episode. And it showed that Kitty can work on her own without Sherlock and be very effective.

The writers have made her a capable partner with Sherlock rather than a nuisance keeping him and Watson apart.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E6 Terra Pericolosa :siren:

Holmes and Watson search for a thief who committed murder to steal a rare map. Meanwhile, Watson becomes concerned with Sherlock's escalating interference into Kitty's burgeoning personal life.

Translation of title: Dangerous Land

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E7 The Adventure of the Nutmeg :siren:

A bored Sherlock forces his investigative services onto Joan, who is trying to locate a woman who has been missing for five years, and the only clue is the smell of nutmeg at the site of her disappearance. Meanwhile, Joan's bond with her long-distance boyfriend, Andrew, is tested when a man from her past reappears and asks for her help.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

New thread rule: you can only mention the Other Sherlock if you give him a funnyfunnier name like Bumbling Crackersnacks. ;)

I liked the episode but it didn't really blow me away. It was a little boring? I blame the lack of Clyde!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I just re watched Guardians of the Galaxy with the kids and realized the pink girl with the Collector is none other than Ophelia Lovibond/Kitty Winters. :stare:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I recognized her and then checked IMDB to be sure. :v:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E8 End of Watch :siren:

Holmes and Watson join forces with the NYPD after a police officer is murdered. Also, Sherlock searches for the creator of a "recovery blog" who is posting personal statements he has made in sobriety meetings.

Related to the above, I would imagine this is where the groundwork about Gregson's daughter comes back into play.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Oops, forgot it was coming back tonight! In my defense I have the flu. *coughs all over the thread* :kiddo:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E10 Seed Money :siren:

While Kitty tries to find a runaway teen, Sherlock and Joan work a case in which the murder of a brilliant bioengineer looks to be at the hands of a drug cartel. Also, Joan makes a major life decision but worries it will impact Sherlock negatively, not knowing that Sherlock has big news of his own.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The man who solved the goddamn elevator magnet murder in like five minutes wouldn't need Gregson to tell him why he didn't want Kitty there.

Sherlock knew the significance of the marks on the dead girl's back, Gregson was just saying it out loud so we knew. And to just say it out loud because people like to explain themselves?

I'm really worried about Kitty. :(

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E11 The Illustrious Client :siren:

Watson begins her new job as an in-house investigator for an insurance firm. However, her attention shifts to a case that is personal for both her and Holmes when they join forces to eliminate an imminent threat to Kitty.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Pick posted:

Man, the actress for Kitty really blows it out of the water. Thank goodness she's gotten some real airtime.

She is really good. It looks like Sherlock is going to try to take care of Kitty's problem for her - like when he was avenging Irene Adler's murder.

I do think the twist of her attacker being Joan's new boss was too convenient. I imagine next week they'll manage to tie everything together in a way that makes sense. I hope.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E12 The One That Got Away :siren:

As Kitty begins to unravel due to the imminent threat to her safety, Sherlock and Joan intensify their efforts to help her. Also, the origin of Sherlock and Kitty's relationship is revealed.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

They saved each other. :unsmith:

... guess we need a new title. :(

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Elementary S3: "You will always be my friend."

? I'm not very good at titles :lol:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Annakie posted:

I was reminded of (a shortened version of) one of my favorite lines in last night's episode, I hope this is acceptable. :)

I love it :)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E13 Hemlock :siren:

When a debt collector is murdered, Holmes and Watson try to narrow down the suspect pool from thousands of consumers who owed the victim money. Meanwhile, Watson's relationship with Andrew progresses when he asks her to meet his father for the first time.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Finally got a chance to watch this week's episode! I thought it was great - Sherlock boring his threesome with murdertalk, Clyde painting, suggesting Sherlock get a roommate, Clyde painting, banter, Clyde painting, Sherlock giving Joan sarcastic enthusiasm about her relationship...

Then the poisoning at the end was a big shock, which was cool. I do wonder why the entire episode was titled Hemlock when it wasn't even named as the poison used on Andrew there in the last two minutes of the episode.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ashpanash posted:

Part of me is glad the writers love Clyde as much as we do, but part of me thinks the scene would have been even better if Joan never called attention to Clyde at all.

You can't walk in on that situation and not say something about it, though. "Hey Sherlock I wa- wtf why is Clyde painting?"

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

bubblelubble posted:

Nah, I kinda like that even Joan (inarguably Sherlock's BFFL) is still thrown off by some of the antics he—and subsequently Clyde—gets into.

Clyde:

I'm a shark!

I'm an ambulance!

I'm an abstract artist!

(I couldn't find an image via GIS and I don't feel like trawling tumblr for it)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'm a sadist!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: this is new tonight or something :siren:

:eng99: op fail, sorry :lol:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

This episode was soooo good. Marcus and Sherlock team up? Moriarty enters the fray? Cute de-extinct baby animals?

"It isn't my world. It's our world."

Poor Joan. :( she needs a good cry.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I just loved it every time he said "zeh-bra"

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E15 When Your Number's Up :siren:

Holmes and Watson follow a blood trail into the world of wrongful death compensation when they investigate a series of murders in which the killer leaves envelopes of cash on the victims. Also, Holmes makes a generous gesture towards Watson as she suffers through the aftermath of a personal crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Next new episode airs on March 5th.

• Locked thread