Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Borachon posted:

I loved the relationship between Kitty and Holmes; I thought it added some nice depth that's simply been missing with Joan lately. I'll be interested to see what the series does to keep character development going; they've done a good jobs of it, but mostly with external drivers like Mycroft and Kitty recently. Any guesses on who'll reappear? I'd probably put my money on Moriarty.

I hope it is Moriarty of all the guest characters I enjoy that one the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I love the twist they had on the character making two of Sherlock Holmes' characters into one but it does make it harder to include them into the show especially since the actress is so popular on other shows.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I loved that the barrister accidentally called Joan John when calling out the order I thought that was a nice touch.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I know i've been saying I wanted more Moriarity and this is exactly what I want, a scheming nemesis that brushes into the story line and creates waves with one letter. I do agree with everyone that it can't be used to much but the fact Sherlock has someone just as brilliant as him working against him is just to good.

I wish Watson had done something more inventive to wake Sherlock up but it was still great.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
When Sherlock beat Oscar down and grabbed the box I thought he was going to drag Oscar into the tunnel and shoot all the H into him to kill him and we'd have a Sherlock the murderer arc next season. I really hope the writers don't ignore this after 2 episodes next season.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

GreenNight posted:

John Noble joins the show as series regular playing Sherlocks father

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/john-noble-joins-elementary-as-799902

I am really looking forward to seeing where they take this. In a few of the episodes wasn't it implied that father holmes abused sherlock when he was growing?

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

johntfs posted:

I always took it that the abuse was more emotional neglect than anything else. Roger Rees' character showed up in Season One as Holmes' way and hammering home to Joan that "Dad won't show."

I've been rewatching some episodes lately and there was one where I think a kid was sexually abused and you see Sherlock at the end emotional and beating the hell out of a punching bag. That is why I thought maybe something darker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Speaking of the woman is there any news if Natalie Dormer is going to appear next season?

• Locked thread