Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
3 options.
assholes who used to be a party based on liberation and progress but now hate women and love making their cronies money.
assholes who used to be a party based on the ability to seat niggers in a different section but now don't hate women quite so much vocally and just want to get money for them and their cronies.
smoke weed every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I didn't vote because I spent all day masturbating. You ever jerk off twelve times in a day just to see if you could?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the last time i voted for the lesser of two evils i regretted it

this is a necessary experiment to see if i regret not voting more

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
that said voting in america is like rearranging deck chairs on the titanic so :laffo: at the OP suggesting this is about anything other than personal satisfaction and/or horror at what your candidate ends up doing

the great american spectator sport

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Don't blame people for not voting for the human garbage that the Democratic Party considers to be candidates. The great majority of the races held yesterday had no candidates on the ballot that represented anyone outside of the 1%. People shouldn't vote for this bullshit. gently caress the Democratic Party.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
I didn't donate to any campaigns, so I might as well have not voted at all.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

Don't blame people for not voting for the human garbage that the Democratic Party considers to be candidates. The great majority of the races held yesterday had no candidates on the ballot that represented anyone outside of the 1%. People shouldn't vote for this bullshit. gently caress the Democratic Party.

your username reminded me that the democrats in florida ran a republican for loving governor. loving lol.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What if you stopped making excuses for what an insufferable prick you are and just got up, changed out of your sweatpants, and went outside to do the one single civic thing you're probably legally qualified to do for once in your lovely life?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

JFC this bullshit is exactly why we're stuck with a slightly-centerish-right party and a nutjob-right party. Get this through your loving skulls: when you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're voting for evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I'm 36 but for the purposes of this topic I will pretend to be 34. I didn't vote yesterday and I'm mad about how the country functions. I did not vote because I consider the system illegitimate. I get one vote, and my boss gets one vote. I educate myself on the issues, seeking out a wide variety of perspectives and trying to understand why people who disagree with me believe the way they do. My boss posts in the comments of FoxNews.com and swaps SDTH about blacks and liberals on Facebook. Our votes count the same. In a society where a media corporation can fight a court case to lie on the air and call it "news" and win, where ignorance is considered a legitimate point of view, representative democracy cannot work. Therefore, I don't vote.

Also, because the is GBS and not D&D, goku or some poo poo, I'm gonna go buy a horse mask off Amazon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

What if you stopped making excuses for what an insufferable prick you are and just got up, changed out of your sweatpants, and went outside to do the one single civic thing you're probably legally qualified to do for once in your lovely life?

I make a good living and pay taxes. That's plenty.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

HalfHazard posted:

your username reminded me that the democrats in florida ran a republican for loving governor. loving lol.

The Democratic Party in this state is hilariously corrupt/incompetent. Google "FL-13 special election" to see a good recent example of the Democratic Party intentionally losing a winnable race.

This state has 500k more registered Democrats than Republicans, but countless races are uncontested by Democrats. It's fixed.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
itt you're actually a democrat really upset that your base doesn't swallow your poo poo anymore and stayed home instead of voting for more milquetoast pussies

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cubey posted:

i know you're being ironic, but yes. the democrats are not going to change if they keep winning seats despite ignoring their voter base. i wanted them to lose the senate and i want them to lose everything in 2016 unless they get their act together because that party is a farce.

You know who elected politicians really listen to?

People who don't vote.

Because it's the people who don't vote who hold all the power.

Because they could vote, at any moment, for anyone!

But they won't, because if they ever did vote, they'd lose all their power.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

boom boom boom posted:

People who pay for their campaigns.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

wish i was able to vote for legalized weed, less abortion restrictions, a minimum wage hike, and then a republican senator who will do his best to destroy the other things i voted for

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm over 35 and I can buy and sell all of you.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

People who don't vote.

You know who they really listen to? People who will vote for them no matter what their policies or beliefs actually are.

Letting the Democratic Party know that your vote is guaranteed no matter what they do (or don't do) will really make them get the message that they should try something different.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

City of Tampa posted:

You know who they really listen to? People who will vote for them no matter what their policies or beliefs actually are.

Letting the Democratic Party know that your vote is guaranteed no matter what they do (or don't do) will really make them get the message that they should try something different.

vote in primaries you loving moron

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

vote in primaries you loving moron

Did the Republicans murder the Democrats yesterday because not enough people voted in the primaries? Or was it because Democratic candidates were poo poo?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

Did the Republicans murder the Democrats yesterday because not enough people voted in the primaries? Or was it because Democratic candidates were poo poo?

A little this, a little that, and huge swath of people think Obama is ruining the country, so the most logical solution is to oust every Dem you can since Obama is one of them.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
AND the fact that the Democratic Party has given the poor and working class of this country absolutely zero reason to support them other than "but the Republicans are worse".

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

People who don't vote.

The Tea Party bloc is always threatening to stay at home on election day though. Whether they actually do or not, I don't know, but you always end up with Republicans just falling over each other claiming to be more conservative than the last guy. No Democrat will ever claim to be more liberal, hell, I don't even know if they're all that willing to compete with each other over who is the most :airquote: progressive :airquote: candidate of them all.

Didn't the White House Press Secretary once bitch about liberals who were rightfully pissed about Obama's broken promises?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Titus Sardonicus posted:

The Tea Party bloc is always threatening to stay at home on election day though. Whether they actually do or not, I don't know, but you always end up with Republicans just falling over each other claiming to be more conservative than the last guy. No Democrat will ever claim to be more liberal, hell, I don't even know if they're all that willing to compete with each other over who is the most :airquote: progressive :airquote: candidate of them all.

Didn't the White House Press Secretary once bitch about liberals who were rightfully pissed about Obama's broken promises?

yeah the lockstep dems basically poo poo on anyone left of them that bitch about obama's trail of broken hope

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Big Beef City posted:

drat I wish I had some say in how this whole thing plays out for me and my family.

You don't and never will :D

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

lol so naive

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Titus Sardonicus posted:

That's probably because conservatives have a basic understanding of economics and don't give their votes away for free like plebs or slaves

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

people were too busy buying lotto tickets to vote

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

I'm just really upset that there won't be any more election ads blaming ebola on Republicans and blaming ISIS on Democrats.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It's cool not to vote so you can reap some delicious QQ from indignant ppl whose team lost.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I vote in every even-year election but this year it didn't happen. It's me, I'm the douchebag referred to in the thread title

flu-like symptoms
Jul 27, 2006
shiny
the reason republicans always win is because when you get old time goes really fast so instead of two years between elections it seems like about a week, so that when old people vote it is like tuning in to a new episode of a weekly tv show for everyone else. at normal time speeds people lose interest in the plot and who gets voted off island or whatever

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I'm only 31, and did vote yesterday.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
*deeply inhales legal colorado weed*

"dude democrats and republicans are like... the same, man"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Whole Internet posted:

*deeply inhales legal colorado weed*

"dude democrats and republicans are like... the same, man"

I wish my state had legal weed!

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Network Pesci posted:

I'm 36 but for the purposes of this topic I will pretend to be 34. I didn't vote yesterday and I'm mad about how the country functions. I did not vote because I consider the system illegitimate. I get one vote, and my boss gets one vote. I educate myself on the issues, seeking out a wide variety of perspectives and trying to understand why people who disagree with me believe the way they do. My boss posts in the comments of FoxNews.com and swaps SDTH about blacks and liberals on Facebook. Our votes count the same.

To every one of you retards complaining about their one vote not mattering enough: then do something more than just vote. Work on a campaign, volunteer your time. Do some canvassing, do some phone banking, do loving something. Just because the one vote you're given (for free! it costs you literally nothing to go out and vote) isn't enough for you doesn't mean you should totally disengage from the system. Get off your rear end and participate in the wild world of civic engagement. If you're so upset at your ill-informed boss votes the way he does, then don't you think you should try to counteract the problem, rather than just ignore it? All it would take is a few weekends out of your life to help out on a campaign, and manpower, not money, are how campaigns are won.

Network Pesci posted:

In a society where a media corporation can fight a court case to lie on the air and call it "news" and win, where ignorance is considered a legitimate point of view, representative democracy cannot work. Therefore, I don't vote.
:goonsay:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
my home state finally fully legalized it(not like it mattered :twisted:) and i'm stuck in the lovely midwest

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Illegal Carrot posted:

To every one of you retards complaining about their one vote not mattering enough: then do something more than just vote. Work on a campaign, volunteer your time. Do some canvassing, do some phone banking, do loving something. Just because the one vote you're given (for free! it costs you literally nothing to go out and vote) isn't enough for you doesn't mean you should totally disengage from the system. Get off your rear end and participate in the wild world of civic engagement. If you're so upset at your ill-informed boss votes the way he does, then don't you think you should try to counteract the problem, rather than just ignore it? All it would take is a few weekends out of your life to help out on a campaign, and manpower, not money, are how campaigns are won.

:goonsay:

Its your civil duty. Just walk down the block and vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
So what are the rules for non swing states

• Locked thread