Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
movie is bad and a mindfuck dont waste your time

:siren: 3 hours worth of bad filmaking :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah, they did. they never outright explain the systems's set up, but it's a binary system with a neutron star and a black hole, which is why the black hole has that crazy bright disk around it. it's an accretion disk or the light is gravitationally lensed or something. the planets have atmospheres because they do. lets be honest extra-terrestrial geology is basically a field comprised of 100% radio emissions observation and a few best guesses about venus and mars. they mention the neutron star off-hand while they are planning which planet to land first, but i guess they just assumed everyone would take it in good faith like the wormholes and expecting people to know that gravity is a one-dimensional force.

basically as a turbonerd i loved the movie and i enjoyed that the action scenes were actiony without aliens, which is what the preview trailer made me think.

they forgot about a very crucial thing

X RAYS FROM THE BLACK HOLE/NEUTRON STAR WOULD FRY EVERY loving LIVING THING AROUND IT

for a guy who cared about scientific laws in the movie, he ignored everything that would make that place an inhabitable hell star system

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

pfizerman posted:

Hell dimension, dude. Nolan missed out this is what I'm saying

that would be amazing actually

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/peaceful-skeleton-realm-abh/30200/

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
XRAYS

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Frostwerks posted:

canjnot wait for the grim dark future where we execute people by tossing them into black holes.

super massive black holes dont spegetify objects but they do bombard them with so much radiation that anything that goes there unshielded dies

XRAYS

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

nerds doing some real interstellar future past-changing stuff IRL acting like they've "known" christopher nolan was a "hack" for years despite him being the internet's biggest circlejerk for an entire decade because he made good comic book movies

nah but go on tell us how you always knew he was poo poo

he is actually a good director and has made good movies

this is not a good movie that he has made

thats all

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Larry Parrish posted:

Basically what I'm saying is that despite the handful of logic wierdness which you shouldn't give a gently caress about in a movie, it's really fun to watch in IMAX and none of the scenes were too long to make the movie feel torturous like the 3 hour Hulk movie.

it was ok in IMAX and the wave planet freaked me the gently caress out and im a grown man with a job and a house

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Simstim posted:

haven't seen it yet but this movie sounds terrible and it looks to be shaping up to be another prometheus where there are people who will defend this turd till the end of time

this is good because it explains death cults

consensus: :siren: literally any turd that you put any effort in will attract hardcore fans that you can exploit :siren:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
"interesting" take from FYAD

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Act 1 - Matthew McConaughey mumbles really loud for an hour. The mumbling has a high volume but remains indistinct. He is a farmer but also an astronaut.

Act 2 - Matthew McConaughey yells and cries in space for an hour. His diction is much better now. Matt Damon explodes a black spaceman.

Act 3 - Matthew McConaughey flies into a black hole and gets crushed to death. Just kidding, he finds himself behind a one-way mirror in his daughter's bedroom where he can jack off with impunity. It is left as an exercise for the viewer to decide whether humans from the future or horny 5 dimensional aliens facilitated this. His diction towards the end of the movie is superb as he yells monosyllabic words in the space bedroom.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mange Mite posted:

fyad is right

:agreed:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mange Mite posted:

also matthew mcconaughey in th emovie looks like some sort of overly tanned john kerry/al pacino hybrid

i liked the bit about the space race existing only to bankrupt the soviet union being the official government propaganda but then finding out that all the nations of the world have united and are building huge space stations

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

sexy young infidel posted:

so is tesseract a real word now and if so what does it mean

a tesseract i think is a inside out circle or some such poo poo

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Bolek,

no one knows what the gently caress you are talking baout

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Bolek posted:

Weird how everyone talked about whiteo Damon space dementia (Armageddon far superior movie btw) while ignoring black man who was stuck by himself on a lovely tin can for 23 years and didnt break down like some pussy bitch

now thats a good point

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
guys power of love totally has something to do with quantum entanglement , a combination of words i know

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i forsee matt damon's death speech to become a meme with his voice dubbed over with an rear end in a top hat politician saying something pompous before decompression

like i could see mitt romney's 50% tax speech in there

also please space matt damon irl

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mange Mite posted:

didnt he reserve a seat on that richard branson spaceship that crashed? bad timing, god

inshallah

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tricky D posted:

the black dude served no function but to get blown up, being black was incidental

if you think about it, no one served any function except the robots and meth-ew mcuntley

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mulefisk posted:

what if matthew mccnnahuge had to go poopy in the hypercube? was there a toilet?

E: maybe there's a tesseract hypertoilet where he can see all the poops he has ever done, and maybe even influence past poops through gravity

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tricky D posted:

That 14 year boy played by Anne Hatheway had to tell the audience about the power of love

it really was quantum entanglement for dummies.txt

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

interwhat posted:

Goons, impossible to please

This was a good movie, I want a TARS To carry me around everywhere

Edit: Prometheus was also awesome, anyone who thinks otherwise can shutup

:newlol:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The Belgian posted:

I thought the movie was great, but what I really want is 5 hours of realistic-ish spaceships flying around, docking,..

oh yeah docking action :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

RobattoJesus posted:

What I don't get is that McConughy spends the first half of the film with his daughter, he's tanned as gently caress and she's a pasty white ginger. Then he spends 100 years with Anne Hathaway who is also pasty as gently caress but he stays tanned as gently caress. Does he just walk around infront of women blocking the sun keeping all the women in his life in the shadow or something. It doesn't make good scientific sense.

Also why would you send "quantum data" in morse code (instead of binary or something). Morse code is only really for sending letters of the alphabet so unless the message is "the secret ingredient is love" or something stupid instead of an equation or a number and then that lets you build space stations I don't get it.

good thing the secret ingredient is love

• Locked thread