Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

please please dont turn this thread into a bunch of people posting pics of their hairy placeholder children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

hemophilia posted:

Pet Island. The subject matter is so loving tame, but if you go in there talking about how you treat your pets as anything less than royalty or human children, they lose their god drat mind and the lunacy becomes rather loving apparent.

loving exactly. I asked a question about my dog and because he's a pug they snarked my balls off.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
well it certainly isn't GBS

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
letting dogs have puppies and selling the puppies is extremely severe abuse. its only moral if the dogs are artificially inseminated by a crazy rich woman and come with a certificate of authenticity and cost 69 thousand dollars

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
you go into the car forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely car and everyone laughs at you: not weird.

you go into the computer forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely computer and everyone laughs at you: not weird.

you go into the politics forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely opinions and everyone laughs at you: not weird.

you go into the pet forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely pet and everyone laughs at you: lol look at these loving spergs, amiright?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

you go into the car forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely car and everyone laughs at you: not weird.

you go into the computer forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely computer and everyone laughs at you: not weird.

you go into the politics forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely opinions and everyone laughs at you: not weird.

you go into the pet forum and ask stupid questions about your lovely pet and everyone laughs at you: lol look at these loving spergs, amiright?

You might have a point except I've asked loving stupid questions in SH/SC and never took any poo poo for it. I've posted bad D&D opinions and sure people would refute me but it wasn't a riot.

Never go to AI so can't comment.

Pet Island, if you describe your pet and the perfectly normal treatment you give it, then ask for advice, you can attract a loving mob. Here's some hard loving truths: People who are enthusiastic about pets to such a high degree they post about them, most of them almost exclusively; are like 99,000% more insane than the next jackass in another more normal hobby forum.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Did anyone say BYOB yet?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i fished my cat from under my porch and i can't figure out how many hitlers i am according to PI since i didnt get him from a free range cat facility

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Did anyone say BYOB yet?

BYOB is just FYAD with its nuts cut off. I like it for being an impotent FYAD but that same fecklessness makes it too bland to be the most anything.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Business Gorillas posted:

i fished my cat from under my porch and i can't figure out how many hitlers i am according to PI since i didnt get him from a free range cat facility

that's roughly 12 hitlers

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

how did yospos become the only fyadlite to survive

phiz exists

tcc is weird but is definitely the funniest forum

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

everybody knows you should give your cat an entire wing of the house.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

BYOB is just FYAD with its nuts cut off. I like it for being an impotent FYAD but that same fecklessness makes it too bland to be the most anything.

Hmmm...interesting words...

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

no hitlers, sorry. that is a cool and good thing to do

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

hemophilia posted:

Pet Island, if you describe your pet and the perfectly normal treatment you give it, then ask for advice, you can attract a loving mob. Here's some hard loving truths: People who are enthusiastic about pets to such a high degree they post about them, most of them almost exclusively; are like 99,000% more insane than the next jackass in another more normal hobby forum.

i don't think that's actually a hard truth, more like a soft generalization.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
What forum was it that had that really nutso "Chrimbo" thread? Where people typed bizarre, inane, fake-British slang about what they wanted for Christmas? And then got all mad because people didn't swoon over their whimsy?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Uncle Salty posted:

What forum was it that had that really nutso "Chrimbo" thread? Where people typed bizarre, inane, fake-British slang about what they wanted for Christmas? And then got all mad because people didn't swoon over their whimsy?

This sounds like a fever dream

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
bring back helldump

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Uncle Salty posted:

It was GBS and the guy who ran those threads also drew extremely detailed pictures of furries crying near huge trucks on deviantart

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Uncle Salty posted:

GBS

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

GBS also has a thread about sardines that's been active since March

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

down with slavery posted:

bring back helldump

why, so it can rocket to the top of the weirdest forum list?

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

proof of concept posted:

why, so it can rocket to the top of the weirdest forum list?

because it was funny

lol

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Oh, wow. Yes, I remember those furry drawings now. Sorry to have brought it up.

Uncle Salty fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 24, 2014

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'll be honest I loved helldump but it's really hard to keep a forum like that from getting out of hand, thus Lowtax's (very good) decision to never even consider re-opening it or LF (which sucked rear end)

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

hemophilia posted:

You might have a point except I've asked loving stupid questions in SH/SC and never took any poo poo for it. I've posted bad D&D opinions and sure people would refute me but it wasn't a riot.

Never go to AI so can't comment.

The problem is that it involves live animals, so there's slightly more ethical knots in people posting about their lovely decisions than in SH/SC or AI or whatever. That's why it's one of the two subforums where it's a punishable offence to post hilarious ironic bad advice (the other being The Goon Doctor for obvious reasons). It's also why it breeds its own special brand of complete loving insufferable moron and thank you so much to whoever it was that posted the DVangel helldump thread. It made me so very happy and them becoming less engaged with the forum is sort of a turning point in the development of PI from a completely fucktarded place to a sort of weird one.

I'd also like to point out that compared to literally every other pet forum on the internet I've ever read, it's a loving bastion of sensitivity and reason and always has been.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Like people keep bringing up the dog breeding thing and it's basically this: if you aren't careful what you breed, you get hosed up dogs. People don't want hosed up dogs. So the PI collective generally tells people to stay the gently caress away from backyard breeders because they just sling whatever together and the general public has no idea what OFFA is or CERF or any of that poo poo to see if the animal actually is healthy. Pretty much, PI is trying to save people's wallets. If you guys wanna know that poo poo, we're happy to explain and hey maybe the dog's fine even though his great grandmother is also his mom (or whatever). But maybe his hips are going to go to poo poo when he's 2 because nobody bothered to check anything out.

That poo poo happens with well bred dogs too, but their breeders take steps to reduce that risk. Well bred doesn't mean show quality dogs. Well bred doesn't have a fuckin thing to do with dog shows. Well bred means you have some idea what the gently caress you're doing, and most backyard breeders don't.

I'm mad you guys made me type stupid poo poo like "backyard breeder" that many times.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Like people keep bringing up the dog breeding thing and it's basically this: if you aren't careful what you breed, you get hosed up dogs. People don't want hosed up dogs. So the PI collective generally tells people to stay the gently caress away from backyard breeders because they just sling whatever together and the general public has no idea what OFFA is or CERF or any of that poo poo to see if the animal actually is healthy. Pretty much, PI is trying to save people's wallets. If you guys wanna know that poo poo, we're happy to explain and hey maybe the dog's fine even though his great grandmother is also his mom (or whatever). But maybe his hips are going to go to poo poo when he's 2 because nobody bothered to check anything out.

That poo poo happens with well bred dogs too, but their breeders take steps to reduce that risk. Well bred doesn't mean show quality dogs. Well bred doesn't have a fuckin thing to do with dog shows. Well bred means you have some idea what the gently caress you're doing, and most backyard breeders don't.

I'm mad you guys made me type stupid poo poo like "backyard breeder" that many times.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

See that is a perfect example of a poorly bred animal. You get it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

all those words about pets to probe that PI isnt full of the crazy

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

opus111 posted:

all those words about pets to probe that PI isnt full of the crazy

We're full of crazy but it isn't the regulars (mostly)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

you're a loving retard

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

proof of concept posted:

you're a loving retard

Well yeah but so is everybody else here.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

proof of concept posted:

you're a loving retard

that's not a very nice thnig to say

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

that's not a very nice thnig to say

you're right, I was just stirring the pot

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

proof of concept posted:

you're right, I was just stirring the pot

I'm the size of a cauldron now, thanks, you bitchtit motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm the size of a cauldron now, thanks, you bitchtit motherfucker.

I WISH I had that many teats

• Locked thread