Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Lizard-thing solidarity -- Matthew gets Cold as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I want to see how Hot Jamie gets in other people's clothes.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Matthew highlight Hot
Zoe highlight Volatile
River highlight Cold
Maria highlight Hot
Jamie highlight Cold
Linda highlight Dark
Anne highlight Volatile

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Thread is up!

Please put your character name and any conditions on the top of all character posts, and link to the character sheet in at least the first one. A lot of people like to do a full Stat, Exp, Harm, Condition list in each post.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Hey Godfish, just so you can cross out a couple of those question marks in the OP of the game thread:

Anne still works part time at the diner, usually weekdays after school, occasionally late or on weekends.

The railway is still running, although there aren't any passenger services and the goods trains don't have any reason to stop. They do slow down enough for an enterprising hobo to hop on or off though.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Updated the info a bit, thanks!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I think now would be a good time to go over boundaries and make sure we're all agreed on certain things.

I'm new to Monsterhearts, so I'm basically not going to try and push things. I'll pay attention to what others say and help keep the game safe, and avoid all the typical no-nos of Monsterhearts. I think I'll go ahead and say that I'm no big fan of body horror - I do understand it is a big theme of some classes, although they're not present as such in this game, but I find it really hard to deal with. I'll let you know if something is too much for me. That's about it for me.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 9, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
The scene seems to be wrapping up, could everyone post here what their character is planning on doing for lunch?

On the subject of boundaries, Safe Hearts is a good thing to read.

I can't think of anything likely to come up that I'd have a problem with, but if something does I'll say something. And like I said in the OP, if any of you are uncomfortable with anything happening, at all, say something! You can post here, say something in IRC, PM me here or in IRC.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

GodFish posted:

The scene seems to be wrapping up, could everyone post here what their character is planning on doing for lunch?

Do you just mean eating, or general plans over the lunch break? Because in terms of food Anne is going to hit up the cafeteria, avoid anything with red meat or sauce, and probably isn't super hungry to start with. Otherwise she just mostly wants to chat with Jamie, maybe see what River's planning on wearing to the party, avoid Linda, chill with Zoe/Matt, and maybe be dimly aware of the existence of Maria.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
General plans. Though food plans are acceptable I suppose :v:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matt's gonna hit the cafeteria too, in order to have his meeting with Linda. Then he'll go hang out with Anne and Zoe and be chill.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria's going to hit the cafeteria. She's going to have a private quick chat with Jaime if possible to pump him for more details about his sister and then spend some time talking to her gang and gathering info on Rob to see how she can take him out of the picture for the party tonight.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe's gonna eat.

(All my BIG PLANS are for after school but before the party.)

I reserve the right to drift over to annoy people with my nerd-angel self at some point if it seems in character.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

quote:

Some people say Anne is outta her mind
Fighting monsters is her daily grind
Muscle and blood and sticks and stones
A mind that's afraid and a soul that's strong

You slay sixteen ghouls, what do you get
Another day older and closer to death
Please Linda don't you stop me 'cause I gotta go
I'll take the blows till I can't take no more

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my hammer and I crossed the train line
I broke all the limbs of a wandering ghoul
And the Tea Boss said "Anne, don't be a fool"

No time for thinkin', I aint got no plan
Fightin' dead fellers is my usual game
I was raised in the holler by an ol' union man
Cain't no-a black-heart woman make me walk the line

If you see me comin', better step aside
A lotta things didn't, a lotta things died
One fist of iron, the other of steel
If the right one don't a-get you
Then the left one will

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 11, 2014

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

River is planning to find Anne and ask her out to the party. Though his plans may chance depending on what's happening when he gets to the cafeteria.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I want to ask - can I swap my starting move choice from The New Order to The Big reveal? I don't see any reason for Matt to end up triggering it in the near future, and the Big Reveal would work much better for the group I'm in as it stands.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

walruscat posted:

River is planning to find Anne and ask her out to the party. Though his plans may chance depending on what's happening when he gets to the cafeteria.

Jamie will probably ask River himself about his date plans at lunch.

And when I mean himself, I mean as Maggie.

Though I'm cool with talking to Anne again if she wants that.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 11, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

I've got a lunch meeting with Matt to go to. I don't know what's happening after that -- I need to talk to Anne at some point to compare notes re: impending blood and death visions, but I don't plan on trying to do that until I've got enough on her to not be at a complete disadvantage there.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

The Deleter posted:

I want to ask - can I swap my starting move choice from The New Order to The Big reveal? I don't see any reason for Matt to end up triggering it in the near future, and the Big Reveal would work much better for the group I'm in as it stands.

Yeah, you can go ahead. It can be a bit tricky knowing what will work before the game proper starts especially with the way we do apps.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Does anyone have anything left they want to do before the scene changes?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

GodFish posted:

Seems like we are good to go.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

GodFish posted:

I'm good.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
All good here!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

nothing else to add on my part.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah, let's roll.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Sure.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

forward ho!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I'd like to make an MC post in the Shower Room scene after Matt and River get posts out, so if everyone else in that scene could hold off that would be great.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

my timing was terrible, I'll edit that out.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
You can leave it up, but no more posts people who aren't Linda/Maria/Matt/River! :v:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Oh, I forgot to say when I posted it, but this is a new (and probably short) scene for everybody. Mark experience away.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Taking a move from another skin for Anne's advance:

Smiting posted:

When smiting the wicked, add 1 to
your lash out physically roll and add
1 harm to any harm dealt.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Sorry for the delay, next post should be out sometime tomorrow night.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Alright, its about time to shift ahead, so here are some questions.

1. Does anyone want to do anything else in this scene before I close it?

2. Does anyone have anything they want their characters to do before school gets out?

3. What are everyone's plans for afterschool?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

1) Fine for the scene to end.

2) Anne is going to try and cut the last half of school.

3) Prepare for the party - Rosie the Riveter costume with tool-belt for improvised weapon action.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

1: Good to go boss

2: School's over for Zoe

3: Need a short scene with Natalie for costume stuff (and so I can earn a Forgiveness rank up.)

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

1. Doesn't seem like I have any prompts, so yeah, let's move.

2. I need to bug Maggie before school ends.

3. Get ready for the party at home, find one of Maggie's old costumes.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

1) Good to go.

2) Just going to try to survive through more boring classes.

3) Put my costume on, meet up with Jeremy and pickup Maggie/Jammie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
1) Good to go, boss.

2) Matt's just gonna go through his afternoon classes.

3) Will probably want a scene where Matt goes to Linda's house to pick up the tea. Going home and changing into costume might also be a scene but we can skip that.

• Locked thread