Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hi thread, guess what time it is?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

It's time for your semi regular reminder to go donate blood.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Tassie never fails to disappoint. :3:

Thats because they clicks refresh till tassie doesn't disappoint.

I mean, I enjoy it too, but it's deliberate.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Now redo them for the byob revolution.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

This is a great story.

On the subject of women cricketers with name recognition, a while back I learnt that there's a woman out there who has represented Australia, internationally, in both cricket and soccer. That blows my mind. And I guarantee you, if she were a bloke, I'd have known her name. A guy who did something like that would be worshipped as a national loving hero.

That's Elise Perry. She had the spine to say "gently caress off" to a bunch of people who tried to pressure her into focusing on one sport, and then backed it up by kicking goals in the soccer, and taking important wickets in the recent series vs the West Indies.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Is there a legal reason that Australia doesn't seem to have a paparazzi of the same insanity as in the US or UK?

Australia doesn't have the same media landscape, in that rupes controls nearly everything here, whereas over there he is one (big) player among many. Rupes has Tony in his pocket, so there is no reason for him to smear his own pets.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

My new hobby. Texting talk back radio and smearing the Lnp. Today I got the announcer to say that the Lnp are the lapdogs of the tobacco industry, just before the federal member for O'connor came on and explained he was worried about the slippery slope of property rights wrt plain packaging on ciggie packs.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Splode posted:

Hahahahaha

Amazing work dude

Yeah, tbh I am amused they are still reading out my shtick

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I just saw the highlights of the hockeyroos and all I can think is that the forward is a much better person than me, because I would have slammed home that goal and celebrated like it was my own.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Cartoon posted:

OK I've grabbed him. Now what do I do?

Monkey steals the peach.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

sidviscous posted:

I'm going to have to get my gf up there before it's all gone

I really want to dive the GBR, but I don't want to go to QLD more. Ningaloo reef for me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

aejix posted:

I was lucky enough to swim with a whale shark (and a coral banded sea snake) over at Ningaloo reef. Do it before you can't :)

My partner and I did that last year. It was simply amazing. We swam with a little baby whale shark that was only 7m long. I got to dive on the navy pier there, and patted a grouper there that was about the same size as me. Technically I haven't seen the reef itself but that just gives me an excuse to go back later on. Closest I have been to a reef shark as well.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Apparently the greens are ahead of the alp in pahran, so it's now a race between the libs and the Greens.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

It makes me sad too, I reckon ALbo would've cuddled up to the Greens imo.

Until there is a wholesale defection of the alp "left" to the greens, then they are all literally willing to sell out their "morals" in exchange for power.

Albo, Wong, Cameron, they are all guilty of it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

*turns radio on*
"-orking their way up to radical jihad, or another option is to scare the population."
*turns radio off*

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

Why do we kept old people around anyway? What do they do any more?

Manage to keep the entire caravan industry afloat.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

The only things I can think of that would trigger one here is either changes to the negative gearing/capital gains benefits, or people no longer buying houses for some reason (too expensive, problems in China, interest rates etc) so the growth in value is exceeded by other things they could invest in.

The rates of return from the stock market consistently beat the rate of return from the real estate market and have for the last couple of decades.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Mills has time and time again shown that he is a tory fuckstick with no redeemable qualities and you lot still invite him to your games and normalise his abhorrent behaviour. Put the chuckle gently caress on ignore and he will not get the attention he is begging for. Your forum experience will get better.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

there is not a single person on this gay heteronormative earth who doesn't click on people's posts when they have them ignored

ignoring posters is some serious lmao stuff

I dont. I only use the awful app to read forums and the posts simply don't show up. I can't read them.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Had a job trial at sexist managers diner, all the staff were girls and he put the other girls on break and I was the only one sent home. I made no mistakes and did phone orders which was pretty rad. I get to mesmerise people with my voice.

You do realise there is a thread specifically designed for this sort of inane chat, inhabited primarily by people from this thread. Please, continue to post more bullshit about your hosed existence there. I'm sure more people there would actually give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Please post about politics on new years eve, what's in the news today? Nothing? Oh well that's just dandy.

Here is a way out there suggestion then. If there is nothing going on politically, then don't post in the politics threads. If there is stuff going on in your personal life that you want to chat about, post it in the chat thread.

tithin posted:

you would be wrong

About assuming people would give a poo poo about the latest riveting installment of goon stuck a well, QLD edition? Sorry.

• Locked thread