Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
no reference to the liberals losing a first term government after being in opposition for over a decade prior to that, poor op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

You're thinking of the mythical Vicpol thread, my friend.

vicpol owns, no boats talk, lattes and water drunk out of jam jars as far as the eye can see

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Sounds p gay

I know!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Tirade posted:

Finally, a sports role model for kids that auspol can get behind.

loving watermelon commie hippy international rugby players and fifth generation farmers :argh:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

quote:

Abbott also insisted “the budget emergency started to abate the instant the government was elected to deal with it”.

Hmm, it's almost as if 'the budget emergency' was entirely make-believe.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

loving QUIT ALREADY YOU DIPSHIT

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Leyonjhelm is the LDP senator, not the DLP senator

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
If Abbott gets rolled by Bishop the lesson he will take from it is that he allowed too many women in the cabinet.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The Victorian libs are going to like the Feds even less. Daniel Andrews is following the federal governments example in releasing confidential cabinet documents from the previous government, specifically regarding east-west link.

:getin:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

If Bishop becomes PM we have reached a point where JULIE BISHOP of all people is seen as the best leader of Australia.

She's not the leader we need right now, but the one Australia deserves.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
We don't have enough time to do a proper tender process for a submarine purchase - joe hockey

:laffo:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Where did all this "Bishop would make a competent leader" crap come from? In this thread, I mean, not in the media, we all know where that's coming from and why. Her "talents" are identical to those of Abbott, ie she has the will and the discipline to steadily parrot bullshit she doesn't understand without conceding to the reality that she's a dunce with nothing to offer.

Bishop can, on occasion, string a sentence together without leaving a mess on the carpet.

That puts her head and shoulders above Abbott in the competency department.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also if they don't have a guarantee from Ricky Muir to pass their higher education bill they are loving lunatics.

If he votes no, then they have just gone and told everyone they are resetting their agenda, and immediately failed to pass the same higher education reform they have been failing to pass for six months.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Karl Stefanovic is a legit cool dude in many ways. Like wearing the same cheap suit on air every day for a year to point out the double standards female TV presenters face in regards to on-air appearance.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

webmeister posted:

He went on-air completely hammered the morning after the Logies, does that make him better or worse?

I don't drink and think that widely it is damaging to society, but still Better imo because it shows the due respect that should be given to both the logies and morning TV

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 2, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Hobo Erotica posted:

Ok but what was the stupid/ignorant thing(s) he said

Wait don't you work in a bottle shop?

I sure do!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

Can you like a person and not like a thing that they did too?

I like you despite your posting :unsmith:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Maybe Karl Stefanovic is playing 7 dimensional chess and is using the appearance of being a blokes bloke in order to make more marketable some of the ideas he wants to push.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
4% of blood is going just to obstetrics? I refuse to support this misandrist bullshit

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

quote:

Texts sent by Mr Pyne, seen by Fairfax Media, confirm that Mr Pyne was a prolific and lengthy texter to Senator Lazarus despite usually receiving no reply from the former rugby league star.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Grounds for an AVO imo

He's just pyning for him

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

simmyb posted:

It is not semi regular if you've ever donated before.

The phone call reminders are all. the. loving. time.

I went for the plan where I leave the window open when I go to bed and they fly in and do the rest

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

Telstra's internal systems look nothing as cool as that. The old ones are terminal based text and are amazingly solid, while anything new is clunky web-browser crap that runs on Java.

Read this as Telstra's infernal systems and it worked way better

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Any interview that starts off asking a minister why he is an embarrassment is a good interview imo

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Saul Goode posted:

Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum already (noting the strong presence of HALAL in the word cloud), but I had a co-worker start ranting to me at a morning tea the other day about how Pieface have gone out of business because they decided to make everything Halal certified and when I asked why would that be a problem (even though I knew it was BS), she said it was because Australians were boycotting Halal certified foods because of the cruel manner of killing the animals. She's generally a smart person though so I was thinking maybe she's just been sucked in by some Facebook meme or something, so I've tried to find some articles online I can show her. So far so good, but is there a consensus in AusPol about the cruelty issue? Most of what I've found so far says that the Australian standard is to stun before killing but that certain slaughterhouses are able to get an exemption on religious grounds. Should this latter group be a significant concern? Is there any way to link methods of slaughter to specific businesses?

Halal almost always still stuns in Australia, but uses reversible stunning methods. Kosher doesn't stun.

http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-is-Kosher-slaughter-in-Australia_117.html
http://kb.rspca.org.au/what-is-halal-slaughter-in-australia_116.html

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s4135968.htm

wikipedia

Yes, what we really need is state sanctioned recognition and elevation of a men's sporting competition that is already the most fetishised pastime this state has to offer.

Australia's culture is shaped by the stories we tell ourselves, the stories we celebrate and the stories we prioritise. We keep prioritising and celebrating those exclusively male stories. We're loving idiots.

Just as Christopher Pyne can apparently be singled out for greater criticism because he is allegedly gay while being part of a government that is regressive on gay rights, I think you should really be applying the blowtorch to the ~50% of AFL supporters who are women for being traitors to their gender.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Zenithe posted:

I've seen conflicting studies on this, some suggest that it is better than stunning, others don't.

There is a lot more that can go wrong in halal or kosher slaughter, which can occasionally leave animals dying terrified and in pain if they do not lose enough blood fast enough. This is compounded by workers who are either unskilled and/or psychopaths as has been demonstrated in abattoirs around the world many times.

We should probably restrict this to Australian abattoirs, since too often once you leave our borders all bets are off for humane slaughter regardless of whether it is ritualised for halal, kosher etc or not.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

Never stop, MUYB.

Seems like a fair comparison to me? If Pyne warrants extra criticism for his actions in setting back gay rights due to himself being gay, why shouldn't women who support AFL similarly be criticised more harshly than men?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you genuinely think this is a sophisticated analogy.

Gay man supports organisation regressive on gay issues
Woman supports organisation regressive on women issues

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
My girlfriend asked me why I wanted to listen to a news report about higher education, when I didn't want to watch an interview with Christopher Pyne on ABC24 earlier this morning.

I said because there is no one in the universe I would less like to listen to than Christopher Pyne.

She said what about Joe Hildebrand :negative:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Didn't realise women who like foobaw are making hypocritical decisions effecting millions of people in federal parliament, cool. You dumb boor.

Thank Christ I can keep supporting football without worrying I am supporting the patriarchy then.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
You added in later that part of your reason for using his sexuality to attack Pyne is that he passes as a member of the oppressing class. Would he be a better person for being openly gay while contributing to the opposition of gay rights?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Endman posted:

Do we actually know if Christopher Pyne is gay, or are we just making poo poo up again?

He's pretty effeminate so let's just assume he is because there is nothing problematic about that attitude :laffo:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Like if you can't form a pretty massive attack on Christopher Pyne without bringing saying he huffs dicks you aren't trying very loving hard.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Sorry for passing on what is an open secret in the press gallery to the thread and expressing my anger at a person like that being able to make decisions about my life, I will employ rigorous academic and scientific methods in my future posting as befits such lofty discourse.

Thank you.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Hmmm yase this is precisely the only thing about Christopher Pyne that I hate, I'm actually a Cory Bernardi-funded false flag.

I didn't say that's why you hate him, I said you should be able to find enough reasons to attack him that don't relate to his own sexuality.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Joe Hockey just said we need to do East-West link now because we need infrastructure projects quickly to stimulate the economy :laffo:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Endman posted:

I'm not sure the Canberra press gallery rumour mill makes for decent intersectional critique.

Because it's Christopher Pyne.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I mean honestly I can't imagine why if he was gay Christopher Pyne would choose to hide that. Maybe he for some weird reason thought that if he came out his sexuality would be used against him :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

hawaiian_robot posted:

Is there a source for this? Tried looking but my google-fu is weak

He just said it at a presser at 1pm today, so look for a transcript or video of that when it comes up soon.

• Locked thread