Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Amethyst posted:

So that's it then, right? Even if Muir supports it now they can't get enough votes.

PUP dudes have a history of making pointed unequivocal statements against things and then voting for them anyway, don't get excited just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
:ussr: The ALP has conceded defeat in Melbourne :ussr:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Hobo Erotica posted:

It was literally the last question in what was already a 10 minute interview, the "good on ya PM" sounded more like "good bye thanks for your time see you later" than an explicit agreement with the sentiment the PM had just expressed (which was "and above all else, let the parents do what they think is in the best interest of their children").

Has he done anything else that makes him a shithead?
Karl Stefanovic is a breakfast TV presenter who is most famous for being shitfaced on air a lot.

Sparticle posted:

Stefanovic has said atleast one stupid/ignorant thing so you must hate him if you wish to remain ideologically pure.
Alternatively, you could grow up and realise that you can like a thing that a person did without actually liking the person themselves. For example, the One Suit For A Year trick was a good one and I'm glad that he did it, but the persona he tries very hard to push is "Hi I'm Karl, yer stereotypical Aussie larrikin bloke, me missus has got a great arse, I drink a fuckload of piss, I'm Karl Stefanovic, let me talk inane poo poo at you while you get dressed for work". I'm sorry, but he's hugely obnoxious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ideological purity, how does it work?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

gay picnic defence posted:

W00t!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gay picnic defence posted:

gently caress yeah!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Karl Stefanovic is a breakfast TV presenter who is most famous for being shitfaced on air a lot.

Alternatively, you could grow up and realise that you can like a thing that a person did without actually liking the person themselves. For example, the One Suit For A Year trick was a good one and I'm glad that he did it, but the persona he tries very hard to push is "Hi I'm Karl, yer stereotypical Aussie larrikin bloke, me missus has got a great arse, I drink a fuckload of piss, I'm Karl Stefanovic, let me talk inane poo poo at you while you get dressed for work". I'm sorry, but he's hugely obnoxious.

Can you like a person and not like a thing that they did too?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

gently caress Beet I don't know, let's not go pushing too many envelopes at once

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Being drunk on air was more than once? I'm pretty sure it only happened once after the Logies?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Those On My Left posted:

A lot? I just know about the one. And that's what he's most famous for?

quote:

the persona he tries very hard to push is "Hi I'm Karl, yer stereotypical Aussie larrikin bloke, me missus has got a great arse, I drink a fuckload of piss, I'm Karl Stefanovic, let me talk inane poo poo at you while you get dressed for work". I'm sorry, but he's hugely obnoxious.

This is a lot less coherent than most of your arguments man. The only actual Thing in here is saying his missus has a great arse. Is that it? And is there any more context?

I just thought we'd rather not call officially designate someone (who can potentially be a force for good in mainstream media) a "shithead" because we don't personally like them, after they just gave the PM the hardest interview in recent memory, made international news for a year long experiment to make a point about the difference between how TV treats women and men, and also talks about the problematic lack of diversity in TV. (watch the video in that last one).

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

I like you despite your posting :unsmith:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Maybe Karl Stefanovic is playing 7 dimensional chess and is using the appearance of being a blokes bloke in order to make more marketable some of the ideas he wants to push.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hes a blokey blokey bloke who also figured out that he can pull the occasional bit of jon stewart poo poo on morning tv and go viral

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hi thread, guess what time it is?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

It's time for your semi regular reminder to go donate blood.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
4% of blood is going just to obstetrics? I refuse to support this misandrist bullshit

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

This is the worst thing I've seen all day and I've seen a pic of someone who sous-vide'd a MLP toy in a jar of his own semen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Farm Frenzy posted:

hes a blokey blokey bloke who also figured out that he can pull the occasional bit of jon stewart poo poo on morning tv and go viral

Josh Stewart is a loving awful interviewer, this doesn't hold up.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Frogmanv2 posted:

They don't take my filthy dirty mudblood. :(

Also regarding Karl Stefanovic; for someone so mainstream he's pretty subversive, and I support the cool and subversive things he does.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

hooman posted:

Also regarding Karl Stefanovic; for someone so mainstream he's pretty subversive, and I support the cool and subversive things he does.

Yup, I've given up caring if he knows what he's doing, because the net result of his new subversive poo poo is positive.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

quote:

Another serving Navy officer, 'Michael', also said he witnessed occasions in which unseaworthy asylum seeker vessels were not boarded because of decisions made in Canberra.
Video: Serving Navy officer 'Michael' speaks with 7.30 (ABC News)

He said this pressure took the form of "suggestions" relayed to the captains of boats, rather than direct orders.

"Our vessel was delayed 15 hours for a boarding on one occasion and we got reports in from surveillance aircraft that that vessel had sunk 13 hours ago," he said.

"All we found was probably a line about 70 miles long of bodies. We fished them out for as long as we could, 'til we were full. And that wasn't uncommon."

gently caress Australia.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gough Suppressant posted:

I like you despite your posting :unsmith:

:pusheen:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Tommofork posted:

gently caress Australia.

Now that the royal commissions into past government's actions floodgates have been opened I sincerely loving hope that this poo poo gets one.

Jesus loving christ.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gough Suppressant posted:

Maybe Karl Stefanovic is playing 7 dimensional chess and is using the appearance of being a blokes bloke in order to make more marketable some of the ideas he wants to push.

Maybe he's tired of people saying people on morning shows like him aren't real journalists and should leave it to the pros, so he's decided to show up the pros in Canberra peanut gallery for the useless pack of fucksticks they actually are.

Also

Scott Ludlam @SenatorLudlam
the senate just crashed pyne's higher education 'reforms'. thankyou senate. #unicutshurt

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Muir, Madigan, Day, Leyonhjelm with the government on that bill.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NTRabbit posted:

Also

Scott Ludlam @SenatorLudlam
the senate just crashed pyne's higher education 'reforms'. thankyou senate. #unicutshurt
Yessssss, that is awesome news! gently caress you "gently caress you, got my free tertiary education" Liberal bastards

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Good news, Pyne is introducing the amended bill in Reps tomorrow and will have it for the Senate in the new year.

quote:

t is disappointing that Labor and the Greens voted to shut down Senate debate on the government’s higher education package before amendments could be considered. However the government will not be deterred and will move to introduce a new higher education reform package into the House of Representatives. It will be passed and sent to the Senate early next year.

Great reform takes time.

Like, forever, hopefully.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was wondering earlier - exactly how much damage have the Libs actually managed to do in the last year?

Their budget is still just sitting there in the dirt. Their education and dole reforms are in a six foot deep hole waiting to be filled in. They killed the carbon tax, so there's that. But, in so many ways, it seemed like everyone was banding together to gently caress with their collective poo poo on the big issues.

It wasn't until I found this link to SallyMcManus.com that it struck me just how much they'd done to gently caress up the country. Reading through all 296 items on the list is so depressing. Thankfully some of the items are broken promises and it's a good thing he broke them because of how lovely they were - like watering down the race hate laws for Bolt.
Don't forget the document that I have been compiling since last September which categorises each of the archived news articles into various fields. It is a few months behind but I am still keeping track in the background!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sounds like he really took the advice Lazarus offered him and consulted extensively with all stakeholders before returning with a new plan

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

quote:

Texts sent by Mr Pyne, seen by Fairfax Media, confirm that Mr Pyne was a prolific and lengthy texter to Senator Lazarus despite usually receiving no reply from the former rugby league star.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Grounds for an AVO imo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Matthew Beet posted:

Ideological purity, how does it work?

Ideological purities easy if you just start with the assumption that everything you think and do is currently ideologically pure, and everything else is therefore garbage, sell out, crap. This method will allow you to remain ideologically pure, not matter how much your thoughts and actions change over time. Occasionally you might have to re-calibrate, but this will happen naturally so nothing to worry about. Hoorah, now you have life long ideological purity congratulations!

Frogmanv2 posted:

They don't take my blood due to visiting the UK in the early 90's.

loving racist.

(although I can apparently still donate my organs which is something I guess.)

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Grounds for an AVO imo

He's just pyning for him

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

They don't take my blood due to visiting the UK in the early 90's.

loving racist.

:(:hf::(

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Just joined the AMWU. Good/bad idea or just nothing?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Tasmantor posted:

Just joined the AMWU. Good/bad idea or just nothing?

Lots of businesses will hate on them for some of the random poo poo they demand, but they're mostly reasonable with realising what poo poo is random and bad and what is really necessary for safety, does a good job representing personnel in the offshore construction industry. Especially with Australian companies pushing harder and harder to use foreign crews in Australian waters for 1/3 of the pay.

EDIT: If you want to work offshore construction/maritime you definitely want to be a member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

dr_rat posted:

(although I can apparently still donate my organs which is something I guess.)

Whats your blood type? And how tall are you?

• Locked thread