Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
he's into amature radio has a bad sense with people
when he was a child he was into trains and he is also (this is the most alarming) a civil engineer

Id my father an autist and is it contagious? Should i sever or is it hereditary??

I also think he himself doesn't know, is there some way i can trick him into self diagnosing?
tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Look in the mirror.

Hamish Campbell
Jan 2, 2006

At least we didn't get dressed up for nothin'
Into trains and electronics you say? Definitely an autist. Only box left to check is anime fan.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

BASF posted:

Look in the mirror.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i know an autistic guy that dropped out of a math program to pursue civil engineering... is that an autistic career path?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Hamish Campbell posted:

Into trains and electronics you say? Definitely an autist. Only box left to check is new wave sci-fi fan.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
I think you can drop a bunch of marbles or legos or some poo poo and if he has to stop and count them he's probably autistic. Also if he cannot cross running water or be quiet in church he's probably autistic.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Yes Op, and austism is hereditary, so you might want to get tested.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ahundredbux posted:

is it contagious or hereditary???

you're asking the Internet instead of friends so you definitely have it already at any rate

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Kindof a tossup there. He did talk to a girl and get laid after all.

Unless he kidnapped you from the hospital.
Your mom or someone who claims to be your mom is around right?

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Do you know his SA username?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
your father had sex so he isn't an autist, but you, well, sorry...

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
The goon obsession with and complete misunderstanding of autism makes me sad. I'm just gonna stop before this becomes a care post.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
suck his dick

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

KimJongUnstoppable
Sep 18, 2010

Juche Lyfe 4 Ever!
Ask him if he wants to watch MLP with you and if he responds in any way besides punching you in the throat and calling you a disappointment, he's probably autistic.

Hope this helps.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

OP my dad is a autist he likes magic tricks and classical music also i'm p sure hes never had sex wit hanyone besides my mom

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
show him minecraft and see what happens

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
set down a sega genesis with sonic 2 popped in

in less than an hour you will know if your dad is an autist or just a loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Are autists the ones that are good at math? Engineers are good at math.

• Locked thread