Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

anchoress posted:

Watson has repeatedly supported genetic screening and genetic engineering in public lectures and interviews, arguing that stupidity is a disease and the "really stupid" bottom 10% of people should be cured. He has also suggested that beauty could be genetically engineered, saying in 2003, "People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think it would be great."

he's right. about everything

Being mean about everything is such an easy way to get cred nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Helical Nightmares posted:

First of all kill yourself.

Secondly when Rosalind was working on the structure of the A form DNA (remember the dehydrated form) she rejected her colleague's opinion (Wilkins I believe) that DNA was helical. Her colleague came to that conclusion from studying the B (hydrated) form of DNA from only a scant bit of data. This was a brilliant leap of insight. Rosalind chose to work on/may have been pressured into working on A form DNA because she had much more data on the A vs the B form thus it seemed more promising.

Watson and Crick looked at the B form DNA data and realized that if DNA was helical inside the cell, a great deal of previous data makes sense. Remember a helical structure is periodic: it suggests a repeating shape subunit. Combine that with the knowledge of Chargaff's rules of complementarity and Avery's discovery of semi conservative replication and Watson and Crick were able to put together the structure of the physiologically relevant form of DNA. Franklin didn't see the whole picture.

Also you jackass, read the original paper by Watson and Crick. It is only three pages.

wow thats a lot of science words

my reply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQq1wB7A28

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
anyone else notice how watson looks like the crypt keeper?

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
the source for like all of the arguments in this shitthread: goons

good job idiots lmao XDD

deadking posted:

wow thats a lot of science words

my reply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQq1wB7A28
dope post, gently caress you science bitches let's go to paddys

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Slurin posted:

blah blah blah the entire progressive movement in america was founded by racists. WWI was won by Wilson who funded KKK films from the white house, and re-segregated the military. He's still extolled as one of the best presidents in america. Margret Sanger was a huge racist and founded planned parenthood due to her devotion for eugenics. she also supported the banning of pesticides that slightly damaged the environment yet made it possible for large amounts of people to get fed in terrible farming conditions, and thus starved swaths of people in poor countries. So basically people who made major contributions to society and were raised before the 50-60's were huge racists but still made decent advances in society.

I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Basically every liberal during the 20's to 40's was down with eugenics and a lot of Americans supported the Nazis before the war broke out. :shrug: It's not like it's the only embarrassing thing the country has ever done.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i know i just like his red text

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Larry Parrish posted:

Basically every liberal during the 20's to 40's was down with eugenics and a lot of Americans supported the Nazis before the war broke out. :shrug: It's not like it's the only embarrassing thing the country has ever done.
i used to be all for eugenics before i realized that i probably wouldn't have made the cut.

but there has to be some happy medium. like maybe giving poor inner city women money incentives not to have children. ie, 10K to get your tubes tied if you make below 5k/year or something.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
How come nobody has advanced their awesome racist arguments with a :qq: yet? That would be a true masterstroke.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
haha hot drat there sure are some gbs superposters who are butthurt about a guy

Biggie Shorty posted:

Nigga gently caress yo feelings

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

I loving love scienWHOA let me explain to you a thing

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

i used to be all for eugenics before i realized that i probably wouldn't have made the cut.

but there has to be some happy medium. like maybe giving poor inner city women money incentives not to have children. ie, 10K to get your tubes tied if you make below 5k/year or something.

1 child policy worked great in china i hear

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Eugenics is good, hell the etymology even says its good.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

hemale in pain posted:

i'm surprised a russian would support a racist

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

"Hi I dont know jackshit about any of the people or science involved but I read on tumblr there was a woman involved in genetics at some point so its super comfortable for me to say it was all stolen from her by the evil men"

lmao

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

LordArgh posted:

i don't think there's any credible scientific data that shows that black people are less intelligent

there is, but when you start talking about race and intelligence some people's standards for "credibility" seem to become extremely high

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

Giving drug addicts a way to get 10k of heroin all at once while destroying their chance to one day have children is a poo poo idea.
Anecdotal and stuff but I knew a heroin addict who managed to clean up and become a nuclear technician (or someshit he spent 7 years in school for, had nuclear in it tho), if they had a way to sell the rights to an aspect of a future they didn't believe they had at that time for more drugs they would have OD'd and killed themselves, or at least had 10k to reinforce their addiction with for another year.

Also other arguments to but you can take it from here guys.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

anchoress posted:

there is, but when you start talking about race and intelligence some people's standards for "credibility" seem to become extremely high

you should post the relevant studies, include all the methodology involved since this line of thought is extremely socially maligned by basically everyone, kind of like how they won't accept climate change data

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Apparently birth control and abortion are part of Eugenics. Well, Liberals did one thing right.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

gggiiimmmppp posted:

"Whenever you interview fat people, you feel bad, because you know you're not going to hire them." -- James Watson

Give this man another Nobel Price Prize every year, I do the exact same thing at work.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LordArgh posted:

i don't think there's any credible scientific data that shows that black people are less intelligent

4outof5 posted:

So how about all those scientific advancements coming out of sub-saharan Africa for thousands of years you guys?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

if you're gonna be non-biased about racial IQ surely you should only hire asians. it's almost like it's being used as an excuse for something else.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

bonvivant posted:

you should post the relevant studies, include all the methodology involved since this line of thought is extremely socially maligned by basically everyone, kind of like how they won't accept climate change data

well basically there hasn't been an intelligence test yet designed where whites don't score higher than blacks. you can cry bias all you want, but i don't think it's a coincidence that every time an attempt is made to measure intelligence by race, the same result is found.

iq tests predict future achievement just as well for blacks and whites. if there was a racial bias in iq testing, you would expect blacks to outperform their iq results. but they don't

and you can't explain it away by saying blacks = poor ergo it's actually low SES that makes their iq scores lower because

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
can byob have this one

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
can fyad have this one

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lol loving nerds getting so upset itt over people laughing at an old crank.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Minimalist Program posted:

It's dumb for a trained and accomplished research scientist to call entire races less "intelligent" than others without sufficient scientific data to back up that claim. It's sloppy worksmanship and should not be taken seriously.
It's even dumber, however, for people to then get outraged on a moral level (as opposed to concerned on a methodological one) at the scientist's statement, because of a cultural tendency to see the intelligence of the individual human being as a measuring stick for their particular "worth" within postmodern society, which causes them to confuse scientifically unfounded factual statements about IQ for blatantly racist statements about human worth. It is also really dumb that a medal the sized of a beer coaster got sold for 5 million dollars.

I'm sure you've done more research then him on the matter and are more smarter

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
lol the libs are mad about "politically damaging" science again, eg facts that they don't like

gently caress you and I'm glad the russians are around to support this guy

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

K, so I guess the real question is what should we- the general public -do now that it's proven to us that blacks are stupid and we are smarties.

Seriously even if those QI tests are right (I'm not going to touch how reliable they are b/c take would a lot of googling) what the gently caress do we gain from acknowledging it? More division between humanity? A better excuse for people to scapegoat societal ills on the bottom members instead of the those who run things from the top?

Resources are getting sparse now a days and more and more countries feel the need to implement some sort of population control. The atmosphere seems ripe for some sort of widespread eugenics program to start up in the next 100 years and having a widespread consensus that X group is inherently better than Y makes Y group the first target of these efforts.

Humans are a bunch of lizard brained shits and if you don't want a loving genocide you have to stick your head in the sand about these things.
If social engineering and eugenics is really important to you go ahead then and try your best to pedigree people, spread the good word, i guess.

A slippery slope nazi argument is usually really dumb to make but its what happened the last time everybody accepted this poo poo as everyday knowledge.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

For real though, let's talk about fat people.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Digital Fingers posted:

K, so I guess the real question is what should we- the general public -do now that it's proven to us that blacks are stupid and we are smarties.

Seriously even if those QI tests are right (I'm not going to touch how reliable they are b/c take would a lot of googling) what the gently caress do we gain from acknowledging it? More division between humanity? A better excuse for people to scapegoat societal ills on the bottom members instead of the those who run things from the top?

Resources are getting sparse now a days and more and more countries feel the need to implement some sort of population control. The atmosphere seems ripe for some sort of widespread eugenics program to start up in the next 100 years and having a widespread consensus that X group is inherently better than Y makes Y group the first target of these efforts.

Humans are a bunch of lizard brained shits and if you don't want a loving genocide you have to stick your head in the sand about these things.
If social engineering and eugenics is really important to you go ahead then and try your best to pedigree people, spread the good word, i guess.

A slippery slope nazi argument is usually really dumb to make but its what happened the last time everybody accepted this poo poo as everyday knowledge.

:wtf: i thought we were talking about not hiring fat people, which i think is perfectly reasonable

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
whole lot of hurt feelings itt

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Digital Fingers posted:

you should stop overthinking racist untermensch rationalizations for why cooler hotter black guys bullied them in highschool http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...ds-8425911.html

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

:drum:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
he contributed more to the human race than any black man so yea white supremacy

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

anchoress posted:

well basically there hasn't been an intelligence test yet designed where whites don't score higher than blacks. you can cry bias all you want, but i don't think it's a coincidence that every time an attempt is made to measure intelligence by race, the same result is found.

iq tests predict future achievement just as well for blacks and whites. if there was a racial bias in iq testing, you would expect blacks to outperform their iq results. but they don't

and you can't explain it away by saying blacks = poor ergo it's actually low SES that makes their iq scores lower because

white people do better on a test made up in the 20's by a board made up of mostly or entirely of white people. hmm

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
what else you got?

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
for real I think it's kind of easier to respect a white sheet KKK racist than an internet race realist racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

Above Our Own posted:

what else you got?

Sorry the questions on the test were not "how many buuga bonga drums does it take to stop an LA riot" and instead were about math and reading.

/s

• Locked thread