Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
bring back helldump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
It was a good forum.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
what happened in helldump op tell me everything

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
you told dumb people that they were gay

(just like you and me)

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
helldump and LF are returning as a present from the administrative staff on xmas day, ignore family & get in on the ground floor

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im glad lowtax said that helldump and lf are coming back after christmas

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im glad lowtax said that helldump and lf are coming back after christmas

I heard he was bringing them back on xmas

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Someone getting mad at the internet again?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I heard he was bringing them back on xmas

that would be a good christmas gift for the forums

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
idk what that is but it sounds like drama which is dumb and bad.

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

bring back helldump but call it #gamergate

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
if someone helldumped me i would roll with the punches, showing how much i dont care through self-deprication ought to stop it

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

It was a good forum.

It went bad though and would go bad even quicker.

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

bring back helldump but make it so your real name is displayed next to all your posts along with your facebook page and home address

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
is it just a place for those ppl who obsessively read other ppls post history to form a psychological profile of why other posters are big fags and losers??

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

fanged wang posted:

is it just a place for those ppl who obsessively read other ppls post history to form a psychological profile of why other posters are big fags and losers??

p. much

it had a few great hits but was overall dumb

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it also turned into the really unhealthy obsession that is offsite forums which analyze SA and GBS to this day

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

yes but there were some bad people exposed ppedophiles etc

mostly it was totally normal ppeople who obsessed over other people thogh

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

fanged wang posted:

u could say that but u also have to read their offsite stuff

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

theres ah elldump offsite?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If the last year or so of GBS has shown anything it's that goons can no longer be trusted to make fun of something without running it into the ground so thoroughly that they completely eclipse the thing they were original making fun of

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

it also turned into the really unhealthy obsession that is offsite forums which analyze SA and GBS to this day

the offsites existed before helldump and I remember some of the best helldump threads called out retards on those very offsites, and then they replied, what fun it was once the called out person replied and never let go once bitten.

edit: I know WD&DP spawned off of helldump though, I still think chat threads are loving god awful.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 21, 2014

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

rename yospos "dellhump"

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If the last year or so of GBS has shown anything it's that goons can no longer be trusted to make fun of something without running it into the ground so thoroughly that they completely eclipse the thing they were original making fun of

WOLF HONGO posted:

bring back helldump but call it #gamergate

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
it seems like you could just assume that all other posters are big fags and losers and sexual deviants and save yourself a lot of care and heartache

what would it be like to hate someone so much you never met that you read every word they ever wrote how is this distinguishable from the romantic overtures of creepy shut ins: it's not

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

how many bigtime helldumpers ended up getting dumped themselves and run out

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

The master was the dude with the little-kid wearing a suicide vest avatar.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

for every cool helldump thread you basically had an entire forum that existed to suck any character out of the other forums as every single non-helldump poster became afraid to talk about even one remotely weird unique or funny thing about their lives and was part of the phenomenon where GBS, D&D, Games, etc. became lame as poo poo.

Don't bring it back. For everyone who needs to be made fun of there's still fyad, but don't you dare loving joke about helldumb again you stupid fuckers.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Nonsense posted:

The master was the dude with the little-kid wearing a suicide vest avatar.

bonerface

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

helldump also turned around at least one life and a gimmicky awful photographer got his poo poo together and started actually trying

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

helldump also turned around at least one life and a gimmicky awful photographer got his poo poo together and started actually trying

Two Worlds?

Is the photographer the person who threw their $1000 camera off a boat?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

zoowick

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

boniface got helldumped after helldump closed and now hes successful Guardian columnist Jeb Lund

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Do not bring back helldump.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hell dump would definitely annihilate the anime avatar posters.

good or bad, it is a unknown.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nonsense posted:

hell dump would definitely annihilate the anime avatar posters.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Nonsense posted:

the offsites existed before helldump and I remember some of the best helldump threads called out retards on those very offsites, and then they replied, what fun it was once the called out person replied and never let go once bitten.

edit: I know WD&DP spawned off of helldump though, I still think chat threads are loving god awful.
lol look at all these words about some dumb loving poo poo haha you're gay.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

coldplay chiptunes posted:

lol look at all these words about some dumb loving poo poo haha you're gay.

you are literally on your phone making this post as we make love

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hemophilia posted:

for every cool helldump thread you basically had an entire forum that existed to suck any character out of the other forums as every single non-helldump poster became afraid to talk about even one remotely weird unique or funny thing about their lives and was part of the phenomenon where GBS, D&D, Games, etc. became lame as poo poo.

Don't bring it back. For everyone who needs to be made fun of there's still fyad, but don't you dare loving joke about helldumb again you stupid fuckers.

As opposed to now when so very many good posts are made by people finally free to let their freak flag fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Nonsense posted:

you are literally on your phone making this post as we make love
:stare:

• Locked thread