Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im going to do a 2nd one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im going to play teh binding of isaac

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
tip: do not edit you're videos

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Evil Eagle posted:

My first LP would have been like 15 hours for a 3 hour long game if I didn't edit it. I don't think that's the answer.

that's how you get the youtube money, friend

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i never made a lp, but i think if i did, it would be pretty epic. i think i have the genes of a good lp'er. a naturally talented lp'er.

i believe in you.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Great Joe posted:

I've been wanting to do an LP, but I'm scared that nobody'll like it :ohdear:

i will like it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i've thought about it but i can never decide what game to lp?? every single game ever made has been lped at this point so i won't be the first to it so i gotta make it good. advice??

minecraft

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
let's play xcom with: the blind gamer

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Devour or Fire posted:

rofl oh man I just thought up a crazy loving gimmick. imagine if you, like, put the effort into making an enjoyable lp of one of your favorite games for everybody to enjoy? holy poo poo that would be wild

i already did that, and im going to do it again, u mother ucker

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I talk to other people and tell them what im doing but it's over the internet and i aint streaming lol owned

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Doctor Goat posted:

nowadays the best way to make a lp is to stream it and have guests and then post the streams if they're good later with minimal editing

Yeah this is a pro move, usually all you gotta do is make cuts

However another pro move is to record 2 straight hours and every 10 minutes take a break and then after the break say welcome back to game grumps.

Anyway i bought enemy within in the steam sale so who wants to watch an xcom lp with the long war mod

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

if u think im joking

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Silver Striker posted:

If I'm going to Let's Play a PC game, what do you guys recommend for capture software? I figured I could use something simple like Audacity for audio, but for video it seems like there are a few options and I'm not sure what the best one is.

OBS is insanely good and produces vids at manageable filesize + good quality if you configure it right. I can post my config for this :*)
FRAPS has the best quality but produces uncompressed AVIs which are 1 gig per minute of video pretty much.
YouTube LP people use DXtory but it only works with DirectX games, and is absolute garbage.

use your cellphone camera

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690930

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my lps' finished

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if theres one thing those fine folks over in the lets play forum would love, its me making a 3rd lp in a month, and this time its minecraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ill call in for some in teh futue

• Locked thread