Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

N.N. Ashe posted:

Maxim isn't the brightest character in the game, however I don't think it's because he doesn't notice her or her desires. He's not interested in the passive small town life that Eclid and Tia offer. That's one of the main points of their dinner and him balking at the idea of being a shop keep.The second he get's the quest from Iris, he's out. He doesn't say goodbyes, he just leaves. Then after the catfish boss, Tia's confrontation ends with her brazenly joining his quest and his life of fighting. She's going to make sure he can come back to Eclid and he's leaving to make sure that will never happen.

I care way too much about Lufia 2 by the way.

Also, that line he says about swordsmanship is so stupid.

Yeah. I think the way that Tia mugs for the camera a lot with her "oh, he's such a dumb man" comments really paints Maxim in a bad light. The dude is sick of home from the very beginning, as evinced by him just going with a quest that a crazy lady in weird clothes walked up to him in a cave and rambled at him about for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

So, IP are 'anger points' and Charred Newts refill IP.

Why do newts make Maxim so angry?

Do you know what enemies populate the fields around Elcid? Newts. Some jellies too, but newts are everywhere there. Maxim is a monster hunter feeling cooped up. Newts are a symbol of the Status Quo holding him down. He's charred more newts for resale than he can count. He's sick and tired of newts.

No idea why they work on everybody else though. :shrug:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

I always found it weird how stats-wise Selan boils down to Yet Another Female Squishy Wizard when that doesn't remotely fit her character.

She is squishy but she is definitely a hybrid physical/magical character and can do either one. Her stats are similar to Maxim's but with the emphasis reversed between fighting and casting.

• Locked thread