Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Oh hey, a new LP by Blastinus. And it's a game I only know via a plagiarism scandal involving another franchise.

Oh well, looking forward to this LP regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

J Detan posted:

You can't just pop in, mention that off hand and leave. Who plagiarized what from who and when?
The Super Robot Wars franchise.

In 2009, they released SRW K for the DS. It featured a plagiarized remix of a later Lufia 2 track "For the Savior" (Polsy link to avoid spoilers and stuff), along with plagiarized remix of a Chrono Trigger track "Battle With Magus". It resulted in a full public apology from Bandai-Namco and composer Kennosuke Suemura (who had been suspected of plagiarism before) getting punished, although no one knows if he was simply fired or more severe punishments were dealt out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well...that's a way to start off your tenure as a party member, Tia. :ughh:

Hopefully, things will get better from here on out with her.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

SC Bracer posted:

It's even better. It's a suitcase with a beartrap and a boxing glove.
Does a large boxer with bear claw marks on his shoulder pop out of it as well?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'll go with Suds for our soap(?) monster...thingy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Voting for YBURN as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm trying understand why one would change up the order of Guy and Selan's introduction in the DS version, other than a simple case of "condensing and/or reshuffling content from the original". Especially since we meet the people involved during Guy's introduction as well, but not Guy himself.

Also, that is indeed one hell of a redesign for Miles. :stare:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I always enjoy strategies to beating "fights that are set up so you cannot win without planning well in advance".

So, you mentioned that Gades' Sword's dark elemental properties get negated by the Undead Ring, Blastinus. Does that mean Gades' Sword has no elemental affinity as a result (which would make it even more hilariously broken), or is it a case of "now undead units can be damaged by the weapon too"?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blastinus posted:

Not exactly. Guy has both a light and darkness effect on his attacks, but since almost all undead are strong against darkness and weak against light, the two effects cancel each other out. Matter of fact, pretty much every enemy with a light weakness has a darkness strength and vice versa, so for all intents and purposes, the two items DO negate one another.

e: An exception to that is the monster effectiveness types like Insect and Flying, which get overwritten if you have an elemental attack as well. So combining Water and Insect just gets you Water.
Ah, okay. Makes sense now.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Maxim's death is going to be him jumping to save a woman falling down a pit, isn't it? :ohdear:

No big death in glorious battle, just him diving after someone because of a trapdoor/pitfall/bad floor construction.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Legna is my vote as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Green Intern posted:

New Dekar looks like a Proto-Snow.
That was my thought as well. The resemblance between Snow and DS!Dekar is striking.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Okay, that minecart game on the DS remake? Annoying and stupid. Echoing the "Lufia DS team played Donkey Kong Country two hours before designing that minigame" statements.

As for the Dragon Spear, I'll let MachuPikacchu speak for me on this one:

MachuPikacchu posted:

Equip that poo poo and WRECK FACE.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Humiliating Idura is going to be a theme that won't stop until he's dead for really reals, isn't it? I can handle it, especially if it involves the team meathead doing the humiliation.

For our new CM, I vote Zanma.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Goodbye, team meathead. :smith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

There is no other option. Sully shall be known as Dekar.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Remake Guy is...definitely not what I expected. He looks more like what I expected Dekar's remake design to look like (yes, I know Dekar's remake design was posted earlier).

And...it seems their personalities also got flipped around, too. Unless Guy gets a little less meathead-like as we go on and Dekar is thicker than solid concrete.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ah yes, plot scripted farts to prevent the party from fighting a boss too early. The most heinous of tactics.

Brony Hunter posted:

ROBIN, bravest of the brave.
This is my vote as well for Darbi's name.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

I propose this monster be called Lies.
I agree with this option.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, that's one way to introduce the leader of the Sinistrals: nuke a whole town from his flying island fortress.

Although, I am curious as to why the Dual Blade gets referred to as just "Dual Blade" and not "the Dual Blade".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, that's one way to return for a cameo appearance. Welcome back, Dekar. :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Edward_Tohr posted:

Man, I don't put anything past Lexis at this point.
You know, if there was more time in-game, I would not put it past Lexis to whip up the wooden ship equivalent of the goddamn SDF-1 Macross.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blastinus posted:

Speaking of the Ancient Cave, I went through a few test runs to see if there's anything I could comment on, and I noticed that a full-on playthrough would a) Take too long, and b) Not be too interesting to read. So...

I've decided to get a little creative.
I approve of this plan. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Unlimited Dekar Works was wonderful. :allears:

Great job, Blastinus!

• Locked thread